Shapes Total Fitness / They are totally evil

My wife and I recently move to Louisiana from Florida where my wife had a membership to Shapes Total Fitness. Before we left Shapes told us that we would be able to transfer her membership to an affiliate club in the town we were moving to. However when we got here and went to that club we were told that it was no longer an affiliate club. So shapes continued to charge us even though there was no affiliate club for us to change to. So they told us we owed them about $180. Now we just received a letter saying we owe them about $700 because we broke the contract and if we don’t pay they will take us to court and make us pay court costs. However this would have all been resolved if they had just told us from the beginning that there was no affiliate club in Lafayette where we live now. So do yourself a favour and don't join shapes. If you do and you move to another state before your contract is up they may lie to you and tell you there is an affiliate club in the city you are moving to when in fact there is not.

Va

Comments

• Ha
      18th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree. I am also suffering with Shapes. I tried to cancel after few months but was not allowed. They are now keep on charging my account. Do not know how to cancel. The total amount they charged was $500.

• Ca
      21st of Oct, 2010

I paid for a full year on 8/29/10 when I joined. After attending one water exercise class, I found that the pool area, dressing area and shower area was too slippery for me, which made me a high risk for falling. ( I don't think that they would want that to happen.!!!). My doctor filled out a medical necessity cancellation form, my son wrote and explained my handicap, etc., etc. and I have been calling almost every day - no call returned. I am still waiting for my refund. I hope that someone at the cancellation dept. reads this comment and will email me regarding my refund.

Carolyn Spies