Shank Animal Hospital / poor veterinarian

1 FL, United States Review updated:

We recently adopted a dog and with our adoption package, we received a free check-up at 3 locations, Shank Animal Hospital happened to be the closest and we booked an appointment. When we arrived, we were impressed by the facilities and pleasantness of the staff. However, all of that quickly diminished when we met Dr. Shank. He told us that our dog was very aggressive and he had to have a muzzle put on him. He cussed at our dog, flicked him on the nose, and treated him very poorly. He then proceeded to tell us our dog was underweight and he needed to be put on special puppy dog food in order to gain weight. So, we left, did as he instructed and went back a few weeks later for a weigh-in. He had gained some weight (he did look much healthier), but then Dr. Shank and the lady vet said he needed to LOSE weight and he needed to be put on diet dog food. What a complete joke- I feel like I know more about animals than they do and I definitely didn't go to school for it.

I would never recommend this vet's office to anyone who has their animal's health and well being in mind. I don't know if he was like this is whole career, but he should really retire. We will never step foot in that vet's office again.

Comments

• El
      21st of Jul, 2016

EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AT SHANKS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT pearl698@gmail.com please I'd love to hear from all of you!!!