shane mauldin / fraud

1 Salisbury, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 704-464-6018 888-666-5884

I put out a part search on the internet for a front axle assembly for my 99 jeep. I was contacted by shane mauldin of salisbury used parts, said he had the part for $750. after some difficulty with the paypal transaction I was billed twice and paid twice for the same item.Well now there is no one answering the phones, and of course no axle asembly was delivered. I filed a claim with paypal . Can someone suggest what I do to get my money back?

Mi

Comments

• Sc
      1st of Jan, 2009

Please contact jacksmithers01@gmail.com if you have been ripped off by Shane also.

• Sp
      31st of Jan, 2009

As you don't mention you paid for the part twice and that was for the reason it was charged twice so do not try to tell me i charged twice.

• Bl
      1st of Feb, 2011

Shane Mauldin, aka "A & S" auto parts and/or "S & S" auto parts in Salisbury NC.is a con artist and a thief. He ordered a transmission from me and had me ship it to his customer in Louisiana and Shane paid with a credit card. The card went through fine but a few weeks later Shane denied the charges on the credit card. After getting in touch with Shane about this he claimed that he had a problem with an order from someone else and he may have denied the the wrong charges and that he would check in to it. After not hearing back after a couple of weeks I attempted to contact Shane again and could not get anyone to answer the phone. I contacted the credit card company to check the status of the payment and the credit card company faxed me the dispute statement showing me that the cardholder said I knew the part was defective and that I was going to issue a refund. I attemped to get in touch with Shane again but only got an answering machine. I waited about an hour and tried calling again but I blocked my phone number from the caller ID and Amanda (the card holder) answered the phone. She said she knew nothing about the payment being denied and that she would find out what was going on and call me right back. After not hearing back from Amanda or Shane after a few days, I called the shop that I had shipped the part to to make sure there wasn't a problem with the transmission I shipped out. The owner of the shop told me he had no problem with the transmission and his customer hadn't returned with any problems. After doing a few more online searches, I discovered that the address listed on his website was on Maple street in a residencial area Salisbury North Carolina. Shane didn't have a salvage yard and after checking with the assessor's office I found out that he wasn't licensed to have any type of business at all. This lesson ended up costing my company over $800.00 not including all the time spent trying to collect payment and the time on the phone with the credit card company. There's alot of people on the internet trying to turn a quick buck by brokering used parts, that believe they can double the price and not have to worry about the customer three to six months later if there's a problem. Shane Mauldin has changed his website a few times since this all started but always kept the same toll free number of 888-666-5884 and his boggus website with pictures of cars he never had is, http://sites.google.com/site/aandsautoparts/aboutus
    Always check for the address (and Google it) on any used auto parts website before paying for any part or parts that have to be shipped.

1st of Aug, 2011

We lost $1100 to Shane three years ago. I read two days ago, online, that several people won their money back from him. But now he is back out there. Be ware!!!

11th of Oct, 2011

We have been taken by this guy too. Over 2 months ago, my husband "bought" a part for his Mercedes, thankfully, it was not very expensive, but to date - - no part - - no refund, and like others, just a fake tracking #. This time, however, his company name used was "Kesler Auto Parts". I've found (on Facebook) an address of Saint Matthews Church Road in Salisbury. I also found on another complaint posting like this page, the address of 420 Ranchwood Drive, also in Salisbury, NC 28146. The phone number we were originally given was 704-762-6308. On Facebook it's 704-245-9231, and another source is 704-209-1866 (& fax: 704-762-9353).
    Good luck to you all for recovery - - and if you have success, please post how!

11th of Oct, 2011

After posting my earlier note, I continued my sleuthing on this jerk, and found this article that Shane Mauldin was arrested for these exact crimes (3 counts) back in 2009.
    Here's the article:

So, I decided to get on Rowan County Sheriff's Office website, and there is a link to submit an Incident Report. I recommend all of you do this ... if enough people complain to the Salisbury's Sheriff's office, maybe this guy will stop ripping off honest people like us.

11th of Oct, 2011

If the prior link doesn't work, click on this:
    and then click on "Report A Crime".

19th of Oct, 2011

Go to your bank send denote the charges its as simple as that. For non receipt of goods you are covered by your bank...and as far as people making claims why don't you state your name so the seller might help to resolve thee issue.

3rd of Nov, 2011

Anyone know of a way to get our money back ($1190) from three years ago, from Shane? We would like to avoid going to Salisbury or personally appearing at a court trial. We will be glad to send in proof of what happened.

11th of Nov, 2011

Shane is a con artist and in the above mentioned complaints I concur, BUT DO NOT ASSOCIATE HIM WITH "Kesler Automotive Service and Repair" as that is my home based business and I have never even met Shane, he has never worked for me and I have never brokered out work or car parts! Somehow he has been associated with me and my business and as far as I am concerned it is a smear on my good name. I can't help that this guy has conned so many, but for the record it is never smart business to give out a credit card number by phone. I DO NOT even accept credit cards in person. The 704-245-9231 number is my personal cell phone number for my business. If you have any information or complaints that will lead up to his arrest please let me know because as I said before, this is a smear on my credible business and I have no problem taking this guy to court for defaming my good name and my business reputation. If you call and there is no answer feel free to leave a voice mail. As far as trying to get some form of return from him getting your information from you voluntarily over the phone it is my recommendation to contact the Rowan County Sheriff's Department in Salisbury, NC and file a complaint and ask detailed questions. AGAIN...Shane has never worked under my or for my business so please DO NOT associate this guy with me. Thank you!

11th of Nov, 2011

Shane is a con artist and in the above mentioned complaints I concur, BUT DO NOT ASSOCIATE HIM WITH Kesler Automotive Service and Repair as that is my home based business and I have never even met Shane, he has never worked for me and I have never brokered out work or car parts! Somehow he has been associated with me and my business and as far as I am concerned it is a smear on my good name. I cant help that this guy has conned so many, but for the record it is never smart business to give out a credit card number by phone. I DO NOT even accept credit cards in person. The 704-245-9231 number is my personal cell phone number for my business. If you have any information or complaints that will lead up to his arrest please let me know because as I said before, this is a smear on my credible business and I have no problem taking this guy to court for defaming my good name and my business reputation. If you call and there is no answer feel free to leave a voice mail. As far as trying to get some form of return from him getting your information from you voluntarily over the phone it is my recommendation to contact the Rowan County Sheriffs Department in Salisbury, NC and file a complaint and ask detailed questions. AGAIN...Shane has never worked under me or for my business so please DO NOT associate this guy with me. Thank you!

12th of Nov, 2011

It's funny how all you want to come on here and slander my name but it's funny how none of you complaining can give a name and a contact number so quit making false complaints.

12th of Nov, 2011

My email to resolve issues is spm3241984@gmail.com so lets see who all is telling the truth and not telling the truth and as far as kesler automotive you aint but right down the street and your not even a licensed mechanic.

12th of Nov, 2011

Do not speak about things that you do not know for a fact. I served my country and I have the certified training that I need on more than one level to work on any automobile. I have also been working on cars, trucks, motorcycles and diesel vehicles for more than 15 years. The fact is I have people that have dealt with you calling my phone and wanting answers for unresolved issues and confusing my legitimate business for whatever it is that you are doing and I want everyone to know that there is no affiliation between you and myself. I have never met you nor do I care to, but the simple fact is that people arent receiving what they pay for and they are calling my phone and most are from out of state. I am not scared in the least that you are in the same state and county that I reside. I am also not the one that when I ran a criminal check, you still have unresolved issues pending in Rowan County court. Do not try to call me out unless you are willing to admit that you still have these issues. Its not hard to find and all anyone has to do is pay $24.95 for 1 month of background checks as well as pull up the name Shane Preston Mauldin with an alias of Shane Mauldin Kessler, which I found in an article in the local newspaper dated January 2009. It also is not slander when someone is telling the truth.

As defined by Miriam-Webster...

Slander:
    1 - the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation
    2 - a false and defamatory oral statement about a person

The best thing that can be done is not to misrepresent yourself and handle the problems that you already have versus digging yourself a deeper hole to climb out of. Another good thing to do is to NOT continually call my phone trying to convince me of anything because I have already formed my opinion and its not going to change when you are calling me cursing and not using proper business etiquette. I have studied some business law and I do not think it would be appropriate for you to continue on this course as it is only going to cause you more issues in court than you already have. Maybe you should as you stated earlier today in conversation go back to flipping burgers, it is after all an honest living and is almost impossible to get 3 charges of obtaining property by false pretense aka fraud.

12th of Nov, 2011

Tell me 1 time where i cursed you? as i know i did not im pretty sure i talked to you in a professional way. And yes that was my name involved in that but the thing was is i was acquitted of all chargers and not convicted as you say in your statement so like i said before don't get the facts straight before you post your comments. As i don't know you and you don't know me. And how does serving in the army have anything to do with this. I can sit here and upload hundreds and hundreds of customers files with tracking and proof of delivery to show that i do my job the best i can. I cannot help that people out here in this society have learned the system of being able to go to there banks and deny the charges if they received the wrong part or better yet they want to say they received a defective or wrong part and not send it back and go to there banks and reverse the charges. If you was such a wise man and you pulled up the background i guarantee you that you seen i wasn't convicted so there for you keep my name out of your statements thank you. I would like for the customers complaining on here to email me there names so i can resolve the issues thank you and for the backyard mechanic at Kesler automotive and service to keep your comments to yourself.

16th of Nov, 2011

I fully believe Kesler Auto and would love to get our money back, other than stressing out and wasting hundreds of dollars to go to court against Shane. On the other hand, I believe that each person gets what he deserves; our lives reflect back to us how we live. I really believe the Rowan County court would convict people with a record like Shane's, so if he really is "free" (and had really done what people say he did) then I really hurt for the people who took the effort to pursue their cases. Personally, I would not want to give my email or name out to anyone for reimbursement because I would fear for my life, in the strange world we live in. It did not get us anywhere to try to get our money back through the bank, because everyone passes the buck and then your time (a year) is over and you can't go after your money anymore.

21st of May, 2012

Shane you are a dirt bag. You ripped me off for the 1500 on a transmission years ago WHEN I WAS SERVING in Iraq. I have not forgotten. Everyone, Shane Mauldin is a scammer, a fraud, and a fat lazy lowlife from Salisbury, NC. I have spoke with his landlords before, as he dosen't pay his bills. At one point, he had his computer confiscated because he was undergoing the legal process. I am one of the originals he ripped off. He is still pending charges from the three counts that took place in 2008. Call the fine detectives in the local sheriffs department, they know him by name.

• Js
      28th of Sep, 2012

shane mauldins number 704-232-1915

• Gh
      23rd of Nov, 2012

shane mauldin will be going to court jan.16 in rowan county district court in salisbury nc.please feel free to leave your comments about how he took your cash for parts an ran with it i will make sure the district attorney will get all the post.lets put this guy away so he cant do this to anyone else.his charges consist of 50 charges for identity theft an receiving property by false pretense.ALL OF THESE ARE FELONY CHARGES SO LETS GET TOGETHER AN GIVE HIM WHAT HE DESERVES