ShamWow / ripoff

i got these so i could wipe off my car quickly when i wash it. the towels do pick up water but not like on the ad where it picks up ALL water at once. they also leave a fabric residue. on the ad the guy states to put them in the washer and then the dryer. when you get them the paper that comes with them states DONT put in a dryer. LIES. i wrote to the guy on the site and told him this. never got a reply. stay away from this product. hes getting 20.00 for 8 towels and if a million people order hes made 20 million in just days.

Jo

Comments

• Ge
      18th of May, 2008

You should pay better attention to what you read/hear. The infomercial NEVER said you could put it in the dryer. It DID say you could put it in the washer. So you are complaining because YOU were wrong. How pathetic! Wakeup !

• Ca
      7th of Jun, 2008

The "ShamWow" cloths are pretty good -- and I have put them in the dryer and didn't have a problem -- HOWEVER -- they are the same, identical cloths that sell in the Winn Dixie Supermarkets here in south Florida for 99 cents each -- I think they are up to $1.19 each now -- but they are the same exact cloth -- made in Germany, etc. etc. -- so -- it's a ripoff in the sense that they are overpriced -- just imagine what he is paying for the product!!!

• Ga
      3rd of Jul, 2008

If you watch the commercial carefully, you'll notice that the shamwow guy picks up the carpet square to show the water under it and then places it back down. If you look closely, you see a puddle of water in front on the carpet...then the camera quickly cuts to another shot and the puddle magically disappears. That's what I call a very dishonest commercial.

see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Le9AmPM-as

• Ce
      31st of Jul, 2008

Here's the same thing for $1 www.toolsnow.com/browse.cfm/4, 1510.html

• Az
      4th of Aug, 2008

This is why you should never buy crap from t.v.
    A very dishonest commercial? Has there ever been an honest one? I have yet to see one.

15th of Aug, 2008

Shomwow is a scamwow!!! They are worse than cheap terry cloths for drying cars. They are not absorbent enough to suck up spills as well as paper towels. They are overpriced. They are like thick felt. they suck do not buy!!!

• Ba
      19th of Aug, 2008

I read another complaint which said that they only want your credit card number so they can charge you more than you agreed to pay. I ordered with debit card, got confirmation number, they never billed my card and they have no record of my order. Does anyone know why they pull the scam with credit cards and not debit cards?

• Eu
      21st of Aug, 2008

I RECENTLY GOT MY ORDER BUT DID NOT RECEIVE THE BUFER ORPOLISHER BALL I ORDERED.
    AM I GOING TO RECEIVE THIS.

• Ty
      21st of Aug, 2008

dont ever forget rule number one. NEVER BUY THINGS OFF A TELEVISION COMMERCIAL, do this and ull be fine BILLY MAYES IS AN ### I HOPE HE BURNS TO DEATH IN A FIREY CRASH SUCK MY BALLS BILLY

• D0
      24th of Aug, 2008

That's funny you say they shed, I specifically emailed "ronny" to figure this out since I have a black car, he wrote back saying he has never had a complaint of the towels shedding. I'm glad I read this before wasting my money

• Tr
      24th of Aug, 2008

I worked at a call center that takes orders for products like this. Products like this give other legit ones a bad name. A lot of the smaller companies like this one are looking to spend a ton on marketing and ride out the wave of fools that call in to order. The longer you see ads for the product the better it is. Countless products come and go in a matter of months and the owners walk away with millions. I've personally seen it with a Kinoki knock off.
    Also a good thing to do is get a hold of customer service before you order. If it takes an hour on hold to get in touch with someone or you arent talking to a human STAY AWAY. Try not to order from automated response places. Speaking with a human will allow you to ask questions and they will be honest because they dont make commission off of an order this small.
    Anyways there are some really bad products out there and on the other hand some are really good. I have a bad feeling about the Shamwow just after seeing the infomercial. I believe by law these phone order products have to have a 30 day money back offer. They may make you eat the shipping cost but it offers some security, assuming you can get a hold of customer service.

In response to the Debit card question...
    There have been times at my work when somebody quoted the wrong price (never intentionally) and the person overdrafted their checking account. I guess Shamwow is worried about having to refund and pay for somebody's everdraft fees. That reminds me you can ask if there is going to be any additional charge 30 days later or whatever, they have to tell you by law. All of the calls are recorded so get them on record saying the TOTAL price.

I hope this is helpful to you all. Don't be afraid to order off of the phone, just be smart about it.

25th of Aug, 2008

Awesome. i'm so glad I found this site. Now I will send a link to my hubby and he'll get off my back about ordering them. :) He ordered the similar zorbees or whatever and was way disappointed with them. Then he saw these and thought they were what he intended/needed to get. Had he asked me first, I'd have researched those, too! They totally leave lint on the cars and are cheaply made scraps of material. Blech.

• Dw
      26th of Aug, 2008

Try to keep in mind a couple of primary facts here. Ordering Shamwows or any of the other "direct marketing" goods and services inundating your cable TV channels makes you a LOSER no matter what you do.

Firstly, if you spend your hard-earned money buying this stuff you will ALWAYS find that the products never do in real life as is claimed in the infomercial and the services fall way short of meeting the claims touted by the ad.

Secondly, even if you send the merchandize back, the over-priced shipping and handling you paid at the time you ordered the given piece of junk more than covers the sellers costs for the product (which you NEVER get back). So, guess what? YOU LOSE.

Smarten up people. Realize that you will never get a bargain from a "direct marketing ad" whether its from Matthew Lesko, The Video Professor, Billy Mays or the hundreds of other pitchmen out there attempting to sucker you in.

Take a minute to do some Google research before you commit. You'll be glad you did

1st of Sep, 2008

I `ve purchased the shamwow cloth 4 orange cloths but only 1 blue one.I`m requesting 3 more blue shamwow cloths.How do I go about it. So hard to get customer service.When Iclick on it, I get nothing. my addressis 1450 -1 ave. Grand-Mere P.Q. CANADA zip g9t2z8

1st of Sep, 2008

I want to appologize, I missed placed the 3 blue towels included in the shipping. I am very satisfy with this product. Again, sorry for my complaint, and thank you.

• Ni
      11th of Sep, 2008

Shamwow is deffinetly a sham. First of all i would never buy anything from an infomercial, its kindof like the oxyclean crap, it is not a miracle that they clame it to be. I have seen the commercial amillion times for this shamwow crap and i laugh every time, especially when it comes to the carpet. How stupid. Dont buy crap off the tv.

• Aa
      18th of Sep, 2008

I was stoned at Walgreens buying condoms and wound up buying a pack of the Billy Maze rip offs. I got 4 big, orange towels, and 6 small hand towels for $13.99. Pretty much the same price they charge for microfiber car cleaning towels. I have not even used a single one, but they feel like felt fabric. I think they were called "Zap Os" or something stupid like that. Anyway, yes the commercial is bogus for the Sham wows, and they have been around for much cheaper for a long time. Regardless, I still bought some out of sheer stupidity because the commercial made me... yes I am admitting to that awful consumer behavior (gullibility). Sometimes the crap on TV actually does work well. That cold heat soldering iron is amazing...Almost as good as individually wrapped cheese slices.

22nd of Sep, 2008

i love shamwow i do not no y

22nd of Sep, 2008