SewingPatterns.com / no contact from company; credit card charged for purchase

Am Marina del Rey, CA Review updated:

I ordered a pattern from this company on Sept. 28, 2010 for a Halloween costume. When I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail or a response to an e-mail inquiry about my order, I did some research on the company. I sent an e-mail on Sept. 30, 2010 to cancel my order after reading the reviews on this site. (I would have saved myself a lot of time and aggravation if I had read these reviews first.)

Since then, the company has charged me the full price of my order. I called the number listed on my receipt, only to get an automated message that "the representative at extension [protected] is unavailable."

I've filed a complaint with the Southern California Better Business Bureau. Based on the number of complaints here, I'm also filing one with the California Attorney General's Office. I don't expect anything to come from either of these actions, but at least it's something.

Comments

• Se
      Oct 02, 2010

We apologize that you did not receive your order confirmation. I have checked with our ordering and shipping department and your order was successfully received and ready to be shipped on Monday. You can email me personally at [protected]@sewingpatterns.com - subject line ANNE and I will personally assist you.

I appreciate your business and I hope that I can assist you.

Anne