Seventymm / Bad serice, need money back

1 India Review updated:

Hello, <br />
<br />
I am using SventyMM service (Member Id: 114731) since 9th Sep 2008. I paid 1022 rupees on 26th July 2009 for the 1 year subscription; but after few days I was facing the following issues:<br />
<br />
-Movie was not getting delivered on weekends even it was promised before taking the subscription.<br />
-Sometimes, I would not get movie for 3-4 days<br />
-Sometimes, I didn’t get movies which I have ordered (infect they have given me that movies which was not in my wish list).<br />
<br />
Due to the poor service, I requested (on 23 Nov 2009 after opening a support ticket) SeventyMM to close my account and refund my advance (1022 – used subscription) amount with the security deposit(199 Rs). After following up again and again on this issue, they refused to refund the amount (1 year subscription).<br />
<br />
As they were not ready to pay me back, I asked them to provide better service and add number of days (took to resolve this matter) for which I have not used SeventyMM service in my account, but on 23rd Feb 2010, they said no to my request and closed case.<br />
<br />
What should I do now; can’t we get back our money if the vendor’s service is poor and not satisfactory?<br />
I need my Money Back !<br />
Regards, <br />
Gyan Sinha<br />
Member ID: 114731

Comments

• Pr
      1st of Sep, 2007
    Seventymm - Pathetic service!
    India

I was enamored by the tall claims made by Seventymm and subscribed to the service for 1 month. For the time I used the service, none of the movies that were on top of my movie queue were ever sent to me. For the next month, they harassed me with innumerable calls for the 200 bucks renewal fees but sent nobody to collect it! And now when I want to discontinue my subscription, I've made calls, sent an email but there is no response from them on the refund amount of 1000 bucks!!! Their customer services execs are useless and inefficient. Don't make the mistake of subscribing to Seventymm!!

• Ra
      29th of Oct, 2007

Even my refund money is still pending. Whenever I call them they promise to get back to me and nobody does.

I got very irritated and sent them an email where I copied my lawyer and said that I'm going to court. Then, I further called them and now they claim that the cheque has been sent yesterday (very convenient), but they don't have a courier tracking (very convenient again), but she's more than willing to give me the cheque details (of a cheque which is not with me).

These frauds should be taken to court and not allowed to ruin our country.

• Va
      7th of Nov, 2007
    Seventymm - Most irresponsible organization ever

Seventymm - www.seventymm.com

This company involved in the business of cd / dvd circulation is the most irresponsible organization ever.

It appears the organization is basically a front for duping the public by attracting subscribers and then leaving them high and dry.

A national " F R A U D ".

• Eu
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Seventymm - Bad Service

My membership no. with seventymm is 37444. I want to terminate the same and have given them all the required notices. It has been nearly a month but they still won't return my deposit. The receipt no. is 917 of my deposit of Rs.999 paid on 8/6/07.

Their customer service is so unhelpful and keep giving me foolish execuses which can only irritate a customer. I have spent over 4000/- with them in just 9 months on rentals where the quality of the dvds were bad, the delivery and pick up service was bad and so on.

I urge anyone else considering joining seventymm to be careful with these crooks.

• Sh
      26th of Aug, 2008

Pls file a complaint at http://demotemp41.nic.in/guest/complaint/default.asp

They are govt agency and they are every effective and fight the case on your behalf. The more the no of complaints, the stronger our case becomes.

All it takes is one complaint logged online

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

THE WORST SERVICE IN HISTORY.

these guys are now blaming me for a loss of one of their DVD'S . a packet had 2 dvd's and they tell me that i have only returned one.

i checked my place it wasnt there. their new policy is to kindly blame the last person who has seen the movie.

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

it takes like 1 hour to reach them by phone.

the worst is u call one a day and cd u will get next day.

so crap, so dam crap.

• Gu
      20th of Jun, 2009

I took this "1-DVD Unlimited 3 Months Plan" for Rs. 849/- after I got a sales call for this. I was told that I'll be eligible for 1-DVD daily, provided I send an sms between 11:30 pm and early morning 4:40 am.

Now after 55 days since I took this service, I have been delivered only 35 movies till date. Every week, despite of sending sms (5757570) on time, I'm not delivered movies for at least 2 days every week. In between there was 3 days when I didn't got any delivery of movies.

I've been following up with your Customer Care (+011 - 6060 0070), and I'm told every time that there were some technical issues, and this issue will not happen again, but it happens every week.

And after the pathetic service, the Customer Care Executives are more pathetic.
    Today (10-Jun-09) I called up the Customer Care Executive and the person spoke very unprofessionally and rudely.
    He bluntly said - "we have provided 35 movies till date and it is a very good service we have provided to you and you will not find this kind of excellent service anywhere".
    When I said I'm not going to renew this plan if this kind of service continues, he said - "If you are not happy with the service, then we'll our self cancel this plan, once 90 days are over and we will not let you renew any service with us".
    I'm just wandering if he is doing any good to your company or harming the company's reputation. Well, with this kind of setup and behavior, I don't think your company is here to provide some good service to people. I think as I have been sms-ing every day, the company is not co-operating and not willing to extend any support to a customer like me.
    The Customer Care Executive added - "The company has already spent more than Rs.1000/- in delivering movies to you", which clearly indicated that I should not expect any more good service.

So I would request anybody and everybody never ever do any business with seventymm.com

Thanks

Avijit

• Pu
      30th of Jul, 2010
    Seventymm - Their customer is very rude and keeps me on hold without giving me any reply
    Seventymm
    seventymm.com

My membership number with Seventymm is 37444. I want to terminate the same. I have given all the required notices and I have not yet heard from them nor received the deposit of Rs.999. They dont have a straighforward answer. All our payments are upto date as per the agreement and now that I have stopped renting from them I just want my deposit back. Their customer is very rude and keeps me on hold without giving me any reply. It is very frustrating the way they treat people.

• Ab
      16th of Aug, 2011

I am facing the same issue for the past one month. By the way, it has been only one month since I subscribed for their services and I have not received my first order till date. And just like others experience they either talk ### or tell me it is not going to happen again or promise me to call me back in five days(which never happens). Companies like these should be barred from any kind of trade in this country.

Thanks

John

• Va
      4th of Sep, 2011
    Seventymm - Pathetic service!
    India

please take your refund because the company SEVENTYMM is going out of business and is closing down
    no movies are being delivered and there is no one sitiing answering complaints

• Sr
      2nd of Nov, 2011

SeventyMM really sucks - Their customer is very rude and keeps me on hold without giving me any reply and Pathetic service!