Setanta sports / No response

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Setanta sports have been fraudulently using my Visa card, I have Emailed setanta many many times -over the last two months to Cancel the service, and they have not had the decency to reply at all, you get an electronic message - telling you that they will get back to you within five days BUT THEY DO NOT REPLY AT ALL, SETANTA have also refused to acknowledge letters that have been sent, and i have had to put up with the height of abuse over the telephone, In the meantime setanta are fraudulently using my visa - against my wishes - and that is a criminal offense, I warned my visa company over two months ago - regarding my suspicion of future fraudulant abuse of my visa, because setante were deliberately with all the intent - ignoring every attempt i was making - in order to CANCEL the service.

Regards Peter King

The visa company told me that setanta will have to commit the fraudulant offense before they can respond, and that is exactly what happened.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      5th of Aug, 2008

Hi,
    Setanta sports are the worse, unethical and unprofessional channel I have ever come across. we can subscribe over phone but can never get rid of them on phone. You need to write to them to cancel account. In spite of giving 38 days notice they still charged my account. To claim I need to write to them again. phhhhh….. big mistake in life. Avoid them in at any cost.
    shareef

• Ga
      18th of Sep, 2008

there ### :)

• Ro
      8th of Oct, 2008

absolute scamming ###, I gave them the notice they required(to cancel account) and then said they didn't get letters even though in the previous calls they said they had them.

As previous poster said they are C U Next Tuesdays. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Sh
      25th of Oct, 2008

This last six weeks we have had also a very bad experience with setanta, they have taken out a 12 month subscription instead of the 1 month sub I requested. and we cannot get a refund. We are going to Ofcom. hass anyone else had the same experience?
    I think the more people going to Ofcom the better.

• Lo
      4th of Feb, 2009

i have been trying to cancel since november after unable to watch a match as no picture complained five times by ema il and phone calls Received email finally saying will cancel on 24 th December on half price offer at that point. Still collected December payment credit card company said unable to cancel my payment. Phoned
    last week to ask why we still receiving picture and finally cut us off. Checked with credit card they have taken full price for January
    My credit card company are trying to get money back.

Disgusting service I tried Ofcom before but they took details but have not come back to me. Left message with WatchDog but no reply

• Mi
      28th of Feb, 2009

I paid satanta sport up to January 7th. After this date they blocked my access to the channel. When I complained they told me to clean my viewing card. Even though I knew that this was not the problem I did so. I emailed them informing them that I was not getting the service I was paying for. I then told them they were in breach of contract and I was cancelling my subscription forthwith. I have had letters telephone calls and have been threatened with a debt collecting agency. On the 14th. February I contacted them in response to two letters and advised them of what had gone before. I was assured that I did not owe them any money and I was no longer a customer of theirs.
    I was asked if I would like to renew my membership I said no! I was assured that there would be no further demands and to ignore any computer generated letters.26th February a surly telephone call telling me I owed setanta money. I told him the story and told him to sto[p harrassing me and he said he couldn't guarantee that.
    I threatened to contact BBC watchdog

• Fa
      6th of Mar, 2009

anyone how is looking to cancel should read this as i have worked for setanta and i am going to tell u how to do it

1) ring setanta and findout when your next billing date and find out how much notice you have to give and ask then to look at the account
    to see if you have any shortfalls r money that you have to give them couse they will txt and call to get it from you and note the time and date that you called them on

2) write them a letter and say that you want to cancel send it by record delivery if you dont send then you have to go back to step 1
    this is because someone has to sign to say they have got the letter

3) when you no and the post have sayed that setanta have got the letter wait the number of days you were told by setanta that they need for you to cancel when this time has passed go to the bank and cancel the payments to setanta

4) this is very inportant be cam when you are talking with on the phone with setanta all calles are record yes all called and that is why you note what time and date you calles and get the name and number of the person you are talking to as the superviser can lessin in the what you and the other person were and dont f them off as part of your contract is the if you harass the called they can cancel you and if they owe you money you will forfit it

do follow all these steps and they can not say anything to you

• Ra
      4th of Jul, 2012

Similar story. Subscribed for a month to watch one game EURO 2012 and after my team was knocked out I didn't wanted to watch more games. Have sent several emails but received no response. Ringing the 1300 number gets me nowhere. Have cancelled my credit card as a result.