Setanta sports / cancellation problems

Setanta sports
I set up a monthly subscription with Setanta sports in mid 2008 but decided to cancel pretty soon after as I did not use the services enough to merit the amount spent on it each month. I rang the customer services September 2008 and requested cancellation. They informed me that I would have to provide my wish to cancel in writing via letter or e-mail, and that contact details for both were on the website. I proceeded to write a cancelation email and sent it to the address listed on the website but discovered a couple of months later that they were continuing to charge a monthly fee and taking it out of my account via the direct debit. I rang them again and they told me that they had no record of a cancellation email and that I would have redo this and so I sent the email again, checking the right email address with them. Some time later I realised they will still charging me and so I decided to cancel the direct debit with my bank. It is now April 2009 and setanta recently sent me a letter saying that I still had money due to them and that I should contact them and so they did. thay informed that it had still not been cancelled and that they requuired March 2009 payment. when I explained to them that I had already attempted twice to cancel the service they informed that I had been sending it to the wrong address aven though I had previously checked that I had the right one on the phone before and several times on their website. They said that this was not their responsibility and demanded that I pay for March, which I did. they then proceeded to tell me that they are now cancelling my account over the phone. I am extremely angry with this as the whole reason why I have been continuing to be charged is because they insisted on written cancelation and provided me with the wrong contact email address. their level of customer care and their cancellation policy is appalling and seems like a blatant attempt to get more money out of people who don't even want their services any more.

N  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
sorry about the spelling mistakes - have faulty keyboard
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by
Almost identical situation.
When I rang customer services, the response I got was rude to say the least and practically verging on aggressive. No wonder their in trouble!!