Service Magic / Business ethics/ moral

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I am glad I am not the only one that has complaints about Service Magic. I spent $11, 000 in adversting with them and they dropped me like a wet noodle. They do not support contractors at all and are a rip off with leads. We need to stop this company and make contractors and consumers aware of what a scam they are running. The leads are a joke, yes we received some legigite leads, but what a battle it was when we hit the dead end ones, or the contact information was incorrect. what have you. They will give you a replacement lead but never your money back!
Contractors beware and exam and quesiton every lead.
Consumers know that we pay a fee for you lead information and most of the times it is not cheap. 9 out 10 leads I spoke to had no clue that we get charged for there information (which is not a problem, but the amount we are charged is) watch out if it is an exclusive lead that you as the contractor are the only person who receives that information. Ask the consumer if anyone else has called them, they will tell you the truth.

Am

Comments

• Sm
      30th of Nov, 2010

Hello Amimi-
    My name is Angela Doss and I work in customer service here at ServiceMagic. Thank you for your feedback, I'd like to have the opportunity to speak with you in regards to your situation with us. If you could please contact me directly at 303.963.8125 or at adoss@servicemagic.com; that would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    -Angela Doss

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2011

I aggree, We as "Quality contractor" need to do something. This service is hoorible and is designed for small companies with no over head that can absorb such a cost. I hate them but the internet as we all know difficult to get 1st position on google...blah blah blah...They are eveywhere "Service Magic" they seem to have a unlimited budget, and they are seen on every directory, first page on my search engines...its like a monopoly...Im tired of them... It would be different if the quality of the leads were better...but most are tire kickers...or you cant reach them and I call them as soon as I receive them...Ever thought of this...T
    hey are using your website to advertise throughout the internet...who knows if you are getting those leads? They are suppose to be exclusive t=for those...I doubt it.

• Hi
      22nd of Feb, 2011

So true! I wish I had read up on their complaints before I signed up with them.
    They gave me bad leads, told me I hadn't followed up on leads they never gave me.
    I was extremely responsive with anything that came through. My response time to contact a potential client was on average about 3 minutes. Not one lead turned into a qualified potential client.
    Then, when I stopped my contract with them, they continued to advertise their number, website and contact info next to my business name. I have repeatedly called and emailed them to rectify this issue. They tell me someone will call within the hour, but no-one calls back.
    One Year after stopping service, I still have their number next to my company name all over the web.
    DO NOT sign up as a contractor with this company.