Serta Mattress / Sears Home Delivery Customer Service is incompetent!

1 Lake Forest, CA, United States Review updated:

DO NOT buy anything from Sears that needs to be home delivered!!! My husband and I bought a king size mattress and it was supposed to be delivered on August 1st, well...it never came. We called the next day and the person with home delivery customer service said they would reschedule the delivery to Monday August 4th. We never received a phone call the night before about the time it was going to be delivered, so my husband called to ask what was the time frame of delivery. The person he spoke to said that he couldn't find our information in the system. I am extremely confidant that Sears home delivery customer service has not one competent person working there. After talking on the phone for about 30 minutes we found someone who could pull up our order in their system. They told us that we would be getting our mattress on August 4th but they couldn't give us a time frame. So...Monday the 4th comes, and guess what!!! NO MATTRESS!! So by the time my husband comes home, we call again to find out what's going on. They tell us that they had to reschedule the delivery for Wednesday the 6th. So again, I sit around and wait all day at our apartment for the mattress...and NO MATTRESS COMES!!! By this time, my husband and I are pretty livid. We call again, and they tell us the same crap. "oh sorry, there wasn't a truck en route for your area for delivery, we can reschedule you for Friday the 8th." Friday the 8th!! So, already our mattress is a week late. So my husband and I had little hope that we would receive our mattress on Friday (and we didn't ). We went to the Sears in our area and spoke to a manager (who was very helpful). She spent about 45 minutes on the phone talking with a "specialist". Why they are called specialists, I don't know, because not one person can do the job right!! The manager of the Sears store tells us that she cleared everything up for us and that we should expect our mattress to be delivered on August 13th. So again we wait...and now it's August 14th and still we have no mattress!!!I have talked to 5 different people on the phone with Sears home delivery customer service and no one has given me a straight story. They take my phone number and address and then say "please hold, I'm going to transfer you to a specialist." Then I'm on hold, and no one ever picks up. I called back a last time and told the woman not to transfer me, and if she can't help me, then I'm just going to hang up because I've had it. She then said "please stay on the phone with me, I'm going to have a specialist help you." I don't understand why they have to keep transferring me to a specialist. They should just have a specialist answer the phone to begin with instead of wasting my time having someone else trying to help me. I'm taking the time to type this so whomever is reading it will take my advice. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS THAT NEEDS DELIVERY!! I would hate for someone else to go through what my husband and I have gone through. We spent a considerable amount of money on this mattress and have made payments on it, yet we don't have it in our possession. We're going back to Sears this weekend and getting our money back and purchasing a mattress elsewhere.

Comments

• Ko
      14th of Aug, 2008

• Lo
      6th of Oct, 2008

Sears: I have a mattresse with the warranty cod: TR#111576475 689221 070. Reg no.62A9070 C 01483. Made in Canada. I bought this box spring and mattress from Sears Catalogue around 4 or 5 years ago. I have been very disappointed with it. When I bought it, it was on sale for $700.00 which I paid as this was supposed to be a very comfortable mattress. This was my first complaint to Sears for anything as I find Sears have great products which stand up, but this mattress hasn't. I would like to have a reply back. My gmail address is loretta484@gmail.com. What can I do? Thanking you in advance for your utmost immediate attention.. The consumer number on top is 080650 SZ60. Thanks. Loretta M. Wight

• Ar
      30th of Jul, 2011

Two weeks ago I was expecting a full mattress set and frame to be delivered. We received a call the night before to expect the delivery between 7 a.m and 10 a.m.

The delivery truck arrives with only the box spring. Customer "service" informed us that we should have received a robo call informing us that the delivery was incomplete. The representative was impatient with me and completely unsympathetic about the situation. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she told me that she didn't have one. When I asked to speak to another rep. she became angry and told me that I would only get the same response from another person. I told her to put me through to the next rep, she put me on hold and 40 minutes later I was disconnected. By the way, she refused to tell me her name and even refused to tell me the part of the country she was located in (turns out she mentioned they were an hour off from my time zone when she acted exasperated that she had to field this call at such an early hour-----early: tell me about it!

I too, will never buy another Sears delivery item. They were completely uncaring and rude. Shear incompetence! It felt like one of the old Saturday Night Live skits about uncaring bureaucrats from hell.