Serif Software Draw 8 / Bait and switch

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

They get you to download an obsolete version of their software for $9.99 and then call you up with the phone number you registered with to sell you a $99 working version of the same item. Very rude when I declined the software I couldn't afford. I had to call back to get the credit card charge deleted. As of now don't know if they did it.

Comments

• Di
      15th of Mar, 2010

I am also victim of bait and switch with Serif Photoplus Pro .
    I am just off the phone to Serif Monday 15 March 2010.
    I downloaded a free version of Serif Photoplus and then bought Serif Photoplus Pro for £9.99.
    About two days later I got a message from Emma who tried to sell me an upgrade to Serif Photoplus Pro and while she was polite, she was persistent and I had to politely terminate the call as I had no intention of buying software over the phone.
    I used Serif Photoplus Pro a few times but it was beginning to irritate me on two counts:
    1 When the software was launched it flagged up a message to register it
    2 When you open a JPG a windows message to say that file cannot be found appears.
    I called today to eliminate the registartion message and the guy who answered, while he was waiting an inordinately long time to get the registration code tried to sell me what Emma had previously failed to sell me. Serif seems to have difficulty understanding that NO means NO.
    can't something be done about this method of selling?