Serenity Travel / Fraud

1 Newark, DE, United States Review updated:

To follow your gut, thanks for your honesty. We too were victims of this travel scam. Anyone who experiences this should immediately contact DELAWARE'S Consumer Fraud and Protection agency at Attorney General Biden's Office [protected]. You can also go on line to get a complaint form at http://www.attorneygeneral.delaware.gov. Look for the red box marked complaints on the right side of the page. GOOD LUCK!

Comments

27th of Aug, 2009

Yep... They got us too. $4K out the window and nothing to show for it. Did they "magically" open a BofA credit card for you too? We never filled out a BofA application but managed to get a card... Spread the word.. BEWARE of these people and their "claims"

• Cj
      27th of Aug, 2009

Fortunately I tried to do the subscription through AMEX, which was unacceptable to that company, as I am not from the US. I went through the whole advert, and a similar one, but nowhere on any of these will you find a phone no. where you can speak to a live person. What's more, the same "Fat Burner" secrets supposedly been "discovered" by each of these people. Is it the same scam as filling envelopes from home, or chain letters of old? I am trying out one where NO personal banking detail is requested, and where "free" email info is given, so I will see what that gives.
    CJM, Canada

14th of Sep, 2009

I disagree with what you said about SERENITY TRAVEL CLUB. I got a hotel booked in Memphis, at a great discount, and the people at Serenity travel are very nice.

• Sc
      19th of Sep, 2009

We were ready to send the $100 for the two free airline vouchers given out at the membership presentation (Away We Go Promotions), but after reading the terms again are skeptical since there are no phones #s and they are requiring a money order.
    Any experience with this?
    Thanks

24th of Sep, 2009

Destination Vacations International Reviews Top Five Travel Complaints

DVI Understands There Are No Shortage of Complaints when it Comes to Travel Concerns!
    Complaints, Complaints, Complaints...Members Only Travel Club, Destination Vacations International tabulates the top five travel complaints.

1. The number one complaint among all air travelers is the unacceptable size of airline seats. Scientists and health officials report the increasing girth of US citizens yet most airlines continue to offer the same unacceptable seat. Travelers need not be obese to take issue with the size of an airline seat, even healthy weight individuals express dissatisfaction. “I’m petite, yet I can’t get comfortable in the space US airline carriers assign. I feel like I have to keep my arms tight against my body.”

2. Lost luggage landed in the second spot among Destination Vacations International members’ complaints. A vacation can be totally ruined by lost or delayed luggage. One traveler reported: “We were so excited to start our ski trip. We never dreamed of a ‘sick-out’ among baggage handlers would cause our luggage to be left behind in Philadelphia. The luggage was delayed for 2 days. I think the airline offered $100 per traveler, not nearly enough to get boots, hats, gloves and rent ski equipment. We lost two days of our vacation.”

3. Complaints about airport delays and cancelled flights ranked third. Complaints on this issue rated highly among Destination Vacations International members because they often feel helpless when faced with delayed and/or cancelled flights. In some cases travelers are at the mercy of Mother Nature as storms, ice or fog delay the start of their vacation plans. Frustration levels run high when air carriers cancel flights forcing hundreds to the understaffed customer service desk to make other plans.
    4. Destination Vacations International members reported unanticipated seat assignment changes as their fourth biggest travel complaint. As airlines make equipment changes on routes, previously assigned seats can be automatically reassigned when a new class of aircraft is used. This affects vacationers traveling with small children the most as they are often no longer sitting together. Unfortunately, busy stewards/stewardesses distance themselves from the very problem they created. One angry customer explains: “I presented my confirmation which clearly showed my family seat assignments next to one another. The stewardess said there was nothing she could do but that I should try to trade seats with other passengers. I paid them for a product that included seats together. They don’t provide the product they sold me and I have to be the one to beg passengers to trade? It’s ridiculous and bordering on fraudulent.”

5. Customers really dislike being put in “prison on the tarmac”, which earned final spot on the DVI list of common travel complaints. The proposal of a traveler’s bill of rights was a hot topic after public outrage regarding numerous incidents of flyers being forced to remain on the tarmac in their seatbelts with no access to restrooms, water or food. Most incidents are not as egregious as this but even an extra hour taxing or waiting in line on the tarmac can be stressful. The department of transportation and the avation consumer protection division has developed a 58 page document entitled “Development of Contingency Plans for Lengthy Airline On-Board Ground Delays”. This document spells out for the airline industry the basic needs of passengers including food, hydration, clean environment, access to lavatory facilities, information and the ability to communicate.

2nd of Dec, 2009

I have to disagree with you; the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU has recently rated SERENITY TRAVEL CLUB, 875 AAA Blvd. Newark, DE 19713 as an A+ business. A+ Business - A+ Business A+ BUSINESS!!! Why do people post anonymously on the web, or is it LAWYERS trying to drum up ### BUSINESS??? Hey, maybe there is a "sucker born every minute"??? Ask the lawyers!!!

OR, you could ask a reputable organization, such as the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Don't be a sucker!

• Xi
      19th of Dec, 2009

Folks - this is tied too tightly to Dreamworks Travel, 5 points travel, La Bonne Vie travel and most recently - Modern Destinations Unlimited. The NJ State Attorney General is suing these people and the purported ringleader Daryl Turner.

There is a very active group in NJ who is pursuing litigation against these people - please look here for information on their experiences and techniques for getting your money back: http://travelclubscams.blogspot.com/

You MUST dispute with your credit card company, here is the most effective way to do so:

You can contact us through the blog site.

• Mi
      3rd of Jan, 2010

RE: Destination TRavel In't
    (Maybe AKA MDU, 5 points and Dreamworks travel )

I just got a opportunity to interview with Destination Travel Int'l in Valencia, CA and I need to know ASAP if this is a scam. Most things on the internet are saying that DVI (Destination travel Int'l) is different from Dreamworks which has a law suit- is this true or not?

Also, why is a upscale vacation company going to Valencia, CA, why not in LA or Orange County where people have money? I mean Valencia is where people go to raise families.

Help?

12th of Jan, 2010

I am a member of the Serenity Travel Club and happen to enjoy their discounts on travel. If you don't travel... don't join a travel club.

7th of Feb, 2010

This is bull. They just put this there because they know most of the companies that sold their products are being sued by the attorney general in new jersey and the delaware company called serenity travel is being heavily investigated by the ag there. THey also have had the bbb accredation pulled and are now rated a C. Not that the rating really means much. they also do this so when people search for the name they wont see all the horror storeis of people who feel they have thousands of dollars ripped off from them. The website mydvi.com links to free websites anyone can use.

Beware serenity travel, beware dvi, there is much more to this than meets the eye.

• Sc
      12th of Feb, 2010

As a victim of Five Points travel, back in Feb-2009, I can tell you that this is ALL a scam. There have been hundreds of filings placed with the NJ Division of Customer Complaints, so many that they will tell you that they cannot handle the volume, let alone handling the scemantics of Daryl Turner. They said that they had to turn this over to the FBI. Unfortunately, I have not heard any developments from this. How is the Fed protecting all of us in this, this seems like a simple case of Fraud by Desception. He is out there and now I understand that he might be in CA. And let me tell you, once the Feds go after him, he will go, not to a different Country, but a different State in the US, that how the States are lacking in the area of protecting Consumers. Since my filings I have noticed that hundreds of people have been scammed. No results ...

Go to your local State Agency and Demand that this company with Daryl T. Turner be taken for trial.

15th of Feb, 2010

My husband and I went to a seminar Saturday and it was a crock of bull. Did not sign up for anything nor sent any $99 deposit, so please don't give these crooks your hard earn money. Don't sign the bank of America application at all.

18th of Feb, 2010

anise did they have at your meeting they they are still A+ by the better business Beareu, or have they finally come clean about being delisted

24th of Feb, 2010

I was to attend on of these 90 minute presentation for free cruise. I traveled 1 hour to get there and ran into constrcution travel and arrived 15 minutes late and they said I could not attend that presentation but could wait 2 hours for the next.
    I walked out of there, never had good feeling to begin with.

• Ic
      24th of Feb, 2010

A picket will be outside their office this Saturday

• Au
      27th of Feb, 2010

My husband & I wasted two hours with Serenity Travel this afternoon. The personal salesman who came to talk with us after the main pitch by Richard Shane Clark--if that was his name--was verbally abusive. He couldn't believe we would not want to take cruises or feel a vacation could be visiting a relative. A young woman took over and assured us we would be getting the free airline tickets and the other prizes offered. Nonsense! The office was obviously rented for a short period by the furnishings. The salespeople were hardsell asking for just short of $10, 000, or, finally, $1475 today, for a three year membership. I'm so glad we didn't agree to anything, but sorry we wasted our time.
    We're not sending $100 to some address with no assurance we would ever get anything for it. Serenity or Millennium is just another scam as far as we're concerned.

• Rs
      4th of Mar, 2010

The above statement is a FALSE statement. Why I know this? Well, this is Richard Shane Clark and if anyone has ever met me knows I am not verbally abusive and I would never tell them they were pathetic for vacationing with there family. I did do the presentation that week at Serenity Travel and when I was told about my name being used on this website, well obviously, I'm outraged. It amazes me that people will come in for a free gift and then complain that it wasn't free b/c they would have to pay the taxes on the gift. And then they go on to a web site like this and bash me personally. I am going to contact AutunMoon(Individual who wrote the above statement) and give he/she a piece of my mind. BTW anyone who is invited in, they do record the conversation. So, if you were misled, well, the conversation is recorded. And please note all the complaints are coming from NON-members. I'm sure if we gave out free cars, someone would complain about the color car we gave them. Our program is about usage and customer service towards Travel. If you like to Travel and Save $$ then you should consider becoming a member, that's if you get invited in. Richard Shane Clark

14th of Mar, 2010

shane you are full of ###. You did my presenatation as well, and while you were very cordial during the presentation dk, chuck and the rest of larry, moe and curly are blatantly lying and ripping people off. I would be happy to discuss that with you anytime if you think an error is made, but when you guys pull a no recission crap and then penny takes weeks to call people that does nto look good. Neighter does the fact peple are still being told you have an A+ rating when you have a C- and are heavily being investigated the the ag office. yes every business gets complaints, but they dont all get a special investigator. The company i going down and i hope many people involved get jail time for fraud.

The above poster saved herself alot of heartache by not buying. Also most complaints are over people not getting their trips and eventhough they claim no relations to the companies in new jersey being sued the company is owned by eric turner who worked for or was a princial of one of Daryl turners comapnies. That is the guy in jersey the attorney general has actually sued. Serenity actually was using one of his companies ( away we go promotions) for those free airlines you get. I know for a fact ( seeing documents) that turner owns that comapny

14th of Mar, 2010

shane is also a liar about if you get invited. I am a member ( reluctently and am using all legal means to void the contract since they did not live up to the terms like charging me for a website that has the same information as free websites and the same prices) SO the complaints are not all from non-members.

If you want to get ripped off join. If you dont get invited consider yourself lucky. also they are not good marketing. I am a real thorn in their side ( like that C- chuck) and they have sent me two more invitations since i began the dispute and legal processes with them.

• Dr
      14th of Mar, 2010

Based on our experience, Serenity has serviced our travel needs, we stayed at a ski resort at the Marriott vail colorado. I have to agree might be a portion of people that are working at serenity, are not returning calls or don't know what they are doing. We have finally spoken to a gentelman named "DK' and he has put our reservation @ X-mass week the vail colorado, even "DK" said to us he doesn't deal with traveling.
    There some good people that know what to do and how get things done. We paid our contract prices so our discounted rate was 1/2 the price we could get our own. We have no issue wit our service, we find out who talk to at this organization.
    Dr. in Delaware.