Senior Benefits of America / Diabetic Testing Supplies

Phone: 1-866-298-3358

I was contacted via phone on 8/6/09 by an unsolicited company claiming they had been authorized by Medicare to send diabetic testing supplies to diabetic seniors. After stating my name, my physicians name( they obviously had my phone number) they asked for my Medicare Claim Number for billing purposes. Medicare numbers are also social security numbers which have an alphabetical letter attached. Since they already knew I was a diabetic senior, and obviously had other pertinent information I was apprehensive about giving them my Medicare Claim Number. I felt that they should have had that information if in fact they were approved by Medicare. I contacted Medicare who had no record of this "supplier" and was told to report the information to the NJ Inspector General's Fraud Hotline for futher investigation, which I did. I also asked this "supplier" for their Medical Supplier Number which they were unable to give me. I really don't kow if this organization is legitimate or not but feel that it should be looked into and seniors should be cautious of this and any other unsolicited phone calls.

Tl

Comments

• Be
      28th of Aug, 2009

SBA IS A WONDERFUL COMPANY HELPING SENIORS TO GET THE MOST RECENT DIABETIC TESTING EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET TODAY. I RECENTLY RECEIVED A TESTING METER THAT WAS A GLUCOSE AND A BLOOD PRESSURE METER ALL IN ONE. BECAUSE I HAVE DIABETES AND MY DR. PRESCRIBED ME LISINORIL FOR BLOOD PRESSURE ISSUES, I NOW HAVE A METER THAT I CAN EASILY CHECK MY BLOOD PRESSURE ON MY WRIST. MY DR. TOLD ME THE METER THAT RELIABLE MEDICAL SUPPPLIES IN FLORIDA SENT ME (THE ADVOCATE DUO METER) WAS AS ACCURATE AS THE DR. OFFICE BP MONITOR. THANK YOU SENIOR BENEFITS OF AMERICA FOR GETTING THIS METER THAT NO COMPANY OFFERED TO ME ANYWHERE. THE SALESMAN AT RELIABLE THAT HELPED ME WAS BOBBY WEISENTHAL AND HE HIMSELF HAS DIABETES AND CARES FOR HIS 13 YEAR OLD SON BILLY WHO HAS HAD DIABETES SINCE HE WAS 16 MONTHS OLD. ALSO THANK-YOU BOBBY FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND PATIENCE TO HELP ME SET-UP METER. BOBBY # IS 800-240-8492 EXT.124

•   22nd of Jan, 2018

WE ARE SO TIRED OF THEM CALLING US ON OUR HOUSE PHONE AND CELL PHONE AT LEAST 5 OR MORE TIMES ADAY WE HAVE SAID STOP CALLING ETC AND EVEN RESORED TO CUSSING AT THEM TO NO AVAIL.