Sendmemobile.com / unauthorized mobile charge

Mobile scam!! Unauthorized charges to your cell phone bill. I took a test on facebook and to get your answer textd to you, you of course you had to supply your cell#. I am by nature a skeptic and the only reason I moved forward was that I was on FB. So peeved! I checked my verizon bill and found $30.00 extra charge. The Verizon tech showed me how to cancel service of Sendmemobile, but are not responsible for refunds. I have a feeling that disputing these charges with Sendmemobile.com will be futile, but I'll try.

Comments

• Tb
      21st of Sep, 2009

They scammed me for two subscriptions: sendmemobile, and solow...twenty buck a month. And when I told them that no adult in my house subscribed, they agreed to send me the money back. I'm trying to lodge a complaint with facebook...and warn as many as I can.

• Ju
      1st of Oct, 2009

I have been scammed by sendmemobile.com and solow.com at $20 per month for 5 months on my Verizon account.
    It seems they both started this craziness in May 2009.
    I was out of the country for 3 months and came home to overdue Verizon bills, late charges and the addtional text message chargers for 2 companies I have never done business with.

In fact the 23687 for solow
    and the 77899 for sendmemobile are nothing I have ever punched into my phone.
    They sent me the text message and i am charged.
    Verizon should take responsibility as a fraud case and refund these unauthorized.charges
    I will try to get a refund from both companies and it not successful will file a complaint with the attorney generals office

• My
      15th of Oct, 2009

call 1-877 3736363 and they will refund your money as long as you (or the one that authorized the text message) are below 18.

• Sc
      23rd of Oct, 2009

They refunded me the full amount as long as the person was under 18...1-877-373-6363

• St
      17th of Dec, 2009

These guys are a total scam. I was billed for a year 9.99/month until I discovered it!! I only got one month credited. I was on AT&T. I will not do business with AT&T again. AT&T was sued for this unfortunatedly from 2004 to May 2008 is the only dates you can claim in this lawsuit. My illegal charges began Oct 2008 so I cannot apply. Also unfortunately they had to pay only triple what they illegally billed. This is not enough to hurt them into stopping this scam practice. Make them pay 100 times the illegal charges will make them stop.

Steve Bollinger

• Su
      14th of Jan, 2010

They got me too. Bad bad company

• Ni
      1st of Mar, 2010
    Sendmemobile.com - unauthorized mobile charges

have consistently taken money from my mobile account without my authority. i have stop subscribtion charges various times. i don't know how they came across my number but i will like something to be done. www.solow.com is the website they are using which is the text that came up as a message on my phone. Send me mobile is the web site that thay gave me when i contacted them over the phone at the toll free number 1 877 402 3687.

• Be
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Scammers!! I just called their 877 number and they "cancelled my subscription" and will be refunding me. I hope they follow through...so horrible to see that on my TMobile bill!

• Co
      23rd of Mar, 2010

lets send these ### back to africa to steal coconuts from monkey!

• Ki
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I am really disappointed in my verizon cell phone. Reason why is Verizon keeps trying to scam this # subscribing me to trivia, music, ETC, things I did'nt even subscribe to. I even called verizon and told them. I dont want trivia, music, like this wasting my minutes. It stopped for a couple of days. And then it started again renewing me more trivia. I did not agree to any renewing. I don't know why Verizon try's to get away with taking your minutes. I have a prepaid Phone and I try to use my minutes wisely. I barely have enough to get by and their pulling scams billing me $9.99 a month. Why and how can they get away with this?

• St
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I posted the original compplaint. To cancel you must follow the instructions below. I did and it worked. I no longer saw the $ 9.99 monthly charge. I don't know why they get away with this B.S. I guess partly because people are not checking their phone bills and they are probably "Legally" riding a fine line until a class action law suite takes place. http://classactionconnect.com/cell_phone_issues/2008/04/18/sendme-inc-sendme-mobile-77899/

How To Cancel SendMe, Inc. | SendMe Mobile
    Mobile Content Subscriptions and Services :

According to its website, “To cancel one of your subscriptions just text “STOP” (without the quotation marks) to 77899 and we’ll stop your subscription if you have only one or ask you which you want to stop if you have multiple subscriptions. To cancel all subscription you have with SendMe Mobile, just text “STOP ALL” (without the quotation marks) to 77899 at any time. We’ll send a reply message with a confirmation of your cancellation(s).”

• Si
      10th of Apr, 2010

Luckily I found this site and found out how to stop this ###. I never signed up for it and I never answered any questions but I have a feeling someone put my # into one of the sites or some crap cause it was on my bill and I check my bill thoroughly every month because T-Mobile loves to screw it up. I will have to call T-Mobile in the morning to complain about that $9.99 charge from these idiots.

• Le
      1st of May, 2010

Man what a load of BS! I think someone put my cell phone number into a website. I called sendmemobile and they said that once they have my number that they sent a text with an authorization code to my phone, then that code is used to sign into the website, but I told the person on the phone that that sounded great but I don't think their system is working properly because I don't recall signing up for any website and I certainly did not receive and then put any code into their website.

It is messed up because they are saying I signed up for ringtone downloads, but I NEVER DOWNLOADED ANY RINGTONES!! Luckily this person can see that I never downloaded anything so they are going to send me a refund, so I can't complain about them completely, unless I don't see that refund check. I will try to be back on this site to update the status of my refund, but if you don't hear from me than no news is good news.

T-Mobile sucks! They told me that they will take 2-3 billing cycles to refund me and that they can only refund me for the charges from the past 30 days. What a load of BS! They could not even tell me who or how or why this occurred but obviously they are making money off of it too because this was on my account for several months (more than 3) before I noticed.

- Lesson Learned -

• Ap
      23rd of May, 2010

I WORK FOR VZW CUSTOMER CARE AND I GET APPROX 4 CALLS PER DAY REG. PREM SMS. I HAVE 600 CO WORKERS, IMAGINE OF EVERYONE GETS 4+ PER DAY COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS ISSUE! I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR YOU GUYS. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS LEGAL BECAUSE U ENTERED YOUR # SOMEWHERE (I.E. FACEBOOK) AND DID NOT READ THE FINE PRINT. ):
    I THINK VZW IS IN THE MIDDLE OF FILING SUITE AGAINST THESE COMPANIES BECAUSE WE ARE THE ONES GETTING THE BAD NAME FOR THEIR 'TRICKY' TACTICS. WE (NOW) ARE PROACTIVELY OFFERING THE PREMIUM SMS BLOCK FOR CUSTOMERS. ALSO, TEXT THE 5-6 DIGIT CODE BACK "STOP/UNSUBSCRIBE", THEY WILL TEXT YOU 1 MORE TIME TO CONFIRM YOU ARE OFF THEIR LIST-KEEP THAT FOR YOUR RECORDS!
    AND PLEASE DO NOT BE UPSET W/THE CELL PHONE COMPANIES, DO YOU REALLY THINK $9.99 IS WORTH MAKING YOU GUYS UPSET???? NOT TO US IT ISN'T!

• Ap
      23rd of May, 2010

P.S..THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT COMPANIES THAT OFFER PREMIUM TEXT MESSAGING. THEY HAVE ALERTS FOR WEATHER, TRAFFIC, HORROSCOPES, SPORTS SCORES, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS, MUSIC, TRIVIA, ETC... WE HONESTLY DO NOT HAVE A WAY TO GET THIER CONTACT INFORMATION!!! SOME OF THEM OFFER A WEB ADDRESS, BUT THATS ALL WE GET AND YOU CAN SEE THE SAME INFORMATION BY LOGGING INTO YOUR MYVERIZON AT WWW.VERIZONWIRELESS.COM. THE ONLY WAY WE WILL LEARN MORE IS IF WE LOG INTO THE WEBSITES ON OUR PERSONAL TIME AND LEARN MORE~~ JUST LIKE YOU CAN.
    HOPE THIS HELPS.

• To
      24th of May, 2010

I too got a prem charge from this company and also fylcell after I filled in my cell number on http://www.searchworklistings.net/jobs/sp_zip.jsp . I called the 877-373-6363 to cancel the service I didn't ask for plus they promised to may me a refund in 4 weeks. They both denied being associated with searchworklistings.net. flycell also promised to mail me a refund in 4 to 6 weeks.

• Er
      21st of Jun, 2010

sendmemobile.com scammed my daughter causing verizon to bill me $22
    this type of charge should be illegal

• Le
      22nd of Aug, 2010

SendMeMobile did send me a refund check a few months back. I don't think I ever got any refund from T Mobile though, and I imagine they get calls about this all the time. Now that I think about it there was some IQ quiz I started to do online many months ago. It asked for my cell # to send me "free ringtones" but that sounded shady so I never entered it and I honestly have no idea how they got my number and started texting me.

• Th
      6th of Sep, 2010
    Sendmemobile.com - These people repeatedly took money from my mobile phone account without authorization
    Powhatan
    Virginia
    Phone: (804)-350-3417

These people repeatedly removed money from my mobile phone account without authorization. And have failed to return said money. This amounts to larceny, and the people resoponsible should be prosecuted accordingly.

• Ju
      2nd of Apr, 2011

I'm sorry, this can't possibly be legal. Even if it is, it's clearly, obviously, blatantly dishonest, inappropriate and fraudulent for any company wishing to have any respect and rapport with their clients. I wonder how many real clients this company really has. Probably none.

They sent me a refund check for $19, 98 that bounced and my bank charged me $10 for the returned check. There isn't one bit of honest is in this business. I called Sendme Mobile to complain about the bounced check and they asked for my bank information to verify. If they managed to charge me $9.99 EVERY MONTH for months, can you imagine what they'd do with my bank information???