Send Green Dot.com/ Greendot Grant Program / fraud /fake check

1 Clinton, NC, United States Review updated:

My husband recieved a check also in the mail for $935.50 last week July 10, 2009. The letter stated that it was some type of grant program ans to send back 10% of the money or he would be sent to collections. My husband cashed the check because he thought it was legit & he had already been looking into different grants and had filled out for some in recent months, so he thought it was ok. Now the bank is contacting him and with bad news about this matter. If anyone can help, how can he contact the proper people to take care of this matter and clear this up?. Please email at montasha7477@yahoo.com

Hi

Comments

• St
      18th of Aug, 2009

I ALSO GOT A CHECK FROM THE SO CALLED GRANT PROGRAM LOOKING FOR SOME MORE INFO I SAW YOUR STORY THE CHECK WILL BOUNCE BUT YOU SHOULD'NT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING IF YOU TALK TO YOUR BANK UNLESS YOU SPENT IT BEFORE IT CLEARD I WAS JUST GOING TO THE CHECK CASHING STORE TO CASH MY 952.75 CHECK SO THIS WAY I WON'T HAVE MY BANK INVOLVED GOOD LUCK BILL.

16th of Dec, 2009

i got the same check of 980.25 in dec.16, 2009 an i want to the bank an they told me that the check was fake. i thought i could of gave my kids a christmas that they will love.