Semi-Custom Victory Field Boots / Boots made incorrectly- no attempt to fix mistake.

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I ordered a pair of Semi-Custom Victory Field Boots off of ridersmall.com and payed $375 for them. I first bought the boots and was told an e-mail would be sent to me with a measurements form and I never got the email. So I contacted ridersmall and was then sent the form. I submitted the order form and waited and waited on confirmation. After two e-mails they finally sent me a confirmation e-mail and told me I would receive my boots within a month to two months. I recieved the boots on time, which is the only thing that has happened correctly. I got them out of the box (they were shipped from Pakistan with a $20 customs value) and tried them on. To my extreme disapointment the calf was grossly misshaped and deformed. They also did not have spur rests which I had specified in my order. I immediately called the owner of the company, Sam, and was told to take picture and send to him. After I sent them, he requested more and more pictures. After about two weeks of chasing him around with pictures and complaints, he told me to be patient and they would investigate the situation. After two weeks I sent him an e-mail asking for a response and he said that they would send me another pair of boots and send me a return shipping label in a week or so. I asked for them to simply refund my money as I no longer believed they could make a correctly shaped pair of boots and he refused to do this, at the same time saying I would be "100% Satisfied". After several e-mails on my part he simply quit responding to my e-mails and made no attempt to fix the mistakes his company made. I am very disapointed with this company and very angry. I payed good money for these boots and they are of no use to me because of mistakes made on the part of the company, and the company does not make any attempts to correct their mistakes.

I also found out that all of the different companies selling these boots are really just Sam as he asked me from which website I bought his boots and listed the ones I have included. It has been nearly a month since he last contacted me and I am no longer going to sit by and be taken advantage of. He took my money and did not provide the product he promised to make. End of story.

Comments

• Pe
      8th of May, 2009

I have an awfully hard time finding tall boots to fit my large calves (19"). A satisfied fellow trainer told me to try Hispar riding boots. Such a please it was to find out reasonably priced boots that can be custom made in the calf area. I got my customized calf boots in less then 2 weeks and I was amazed seeing the wormanship and fitment. So, I do not agree with the person complaining. The representative at RidersMall was very helpful in guiding and helping me throughout the process and I feel very positively recommending them to any one who need hard to find boots.

• Da
      22nd of Sep, 2009

My experience with Hispar is quite different. I have had problems with Ariat Challenge field boots. My first pair after about a 3 months old, the sole at the toe started to separate. I took them back to tack store and although I did not have my original bill, they replaced them. The same thing happened with the second pair and about the same time period, I again took them back to the tack store and this time I didn't got any replacement but had a long discussing with the tack store owner. He said as a store owner they're also disgusted because they're dealing with most of the complaints and there is nothing they can do other than contacting the company and playing middleman. Which they have to do over and over again. A time/money waster on their end because when it is a brand name, they pretty much have to carry the product even though they know there will be a number of complaints. He told me about the Hispar.

I contacted hispar and without any hassle ordered my Hispar Victory field boots about 2 1/2 years ago now, and I still feel they're the best boots I've ever had. I only use them for showing which might attest to them holding up so well, but I've never had a problem with them. I've shown every CW Trillium show for the past 2 1/2 years and they were really easy to break in, the zippers are still perfect, the leather has held up really well, and I could spend all day in them they're that comfortable. My hispar paddock boots have held up equally as well and they're about 1 1/2 years old too. Have done well in such a low price.

I am pretty sure about what I'll do when it comes time to replace both my paddock and my field boots. I love Hispar. They fit me so well!

• Re
      5th of Nov, 2010

I ordered a pair of hispar dressage boots with zippers. The zipper stopped just about my heel, impossible to get foot into boot. The boot appeared that it would fit my large calves quite comfotably. I call Sam and was told that to have a "full" length zipper I would need to pay for "semi" custom boots. I pad the extra $$; shipped the boots back and another pair arrived in two weeks - very quickly. Now I could get my foot into the boot, really like the padded ankle, BUT this pair the top of the boot is almost an inch smaller -- so foot in but can't zip the boot all the way up. Needed the boots for a horse show, used my old comfortable Mountain Horse boots instead. I didn't complain again in hopes that I could stretch the tops. If you can get a proper fit, believe are a good alternative forthose of us with large calves.

• Bh
      24th of Nov, 2012

This was an overall miserable experience. I will take partial responsibility for being naive enough to order boots online. I got them from Ridersmall.com, when they came in, I put them on and couldn't get them off. The measurements on their site are off - especially the calf measurements, which is vital when choosing a boot without a zipper. I returned them quickly - or as quickly as possible since it took forever to receive a "Return Authorization Number" from the website. They state that it will take up to 15 business days from the time of the accepted return to receive the refund. That is ridiculous, first of all, but then on day 16 I began to contact them. I sent 3 emails to their customer service department and called to speak to a man who was of no help. I tried again the next day. I also explained to them that the debit card that I used to purchase was actually stolen and closed so I needed them to refund to my new debit card. Finally today I see that they are attempting to refund - which by they way is less a 15% restocking fee - and they are trying to put it on the closed card that I asked them not to use because it won't work. I don't foresee this being resolved any time soon. It was a total mistake ordering from this website. Never again.

• Ho
      15th of Nov, 2013

Anyone that is posting a complement to Hispar is a representative falsely posting. I have actually prepared a small claims lawsuit which will be filed in my state. I am sure this is not thier true name but I feel confident that will come out at the end of the day. They do no warranty their boots for 3 months. They fell apart and were not misused as they stated. I went to a very trusted cobbler and he said they were basically just horribly made. All I asked was for a replacement. Now I will ask for Court cost, interest and anything else I can get.