Seller Networks / phone solicitation

Calabasas, CA, US Review updated:

I received a call from a representative of this company Seller Networks, 3-19-15 offering their services to help sell a car that I had listed on Craigslist.org. I asked the representative, Ken at phone number [protected], why he is calling me when my ad states "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers". Ken said he would put my number on the do not call list. The issue is why did this company representative contact me? After multiple attempts to answer this question there are no legitimate reasons other than they put me on the list not to call in the future. This kind of business is disrespectful of my request not to contact me for services so I can see why so many people posted complaints about this company. My phone numbers are on the national do not call registery which they do not honor. I am glad not to have started to do business with these people and hope that others realize that when a company engages in poor business practices like this they usually are not a good quality business.

Dd
Mar 19, 2015

Comments

• Sy
      May 30, 2015

Employees of this company are paid to do a job. The job is to answer the phone and offer a service to private sellers. The advertising and financing they do for the vehicles they list (RVs, autos, power sports, boats, classics, and motorcycles) are tools previously inaccessible to private sellers that have changed classified advertising online in a revolutionary way. Bonnier Media recently made Seller Networks/Outdoor Motor Ads its online classifieds provider for classics, boats, and bikes! Regardless of their service, the dialer their computer uses is not the best around. Calls are randomized. Employees DO disposition the calls as DNCs but they have absolutely no control over the calls that are generated at random through their phone. After many weeks and months of not being able to sell their vehicle we have DNCs call in quite frequently and ask about the program, which put their number back into the leadpool. So by you calling back in, you are actually removing yourself from the DNC list. Anyhow, it is a business. And the first part of selling is persistence. Their reps do not call uninterested people of their own volition. Having the dialer bring DNCs onto their phones is never something they want. The company isn't aiming to harass anyone, but they have to market their services in some kind of way. And I'm sure if they could choose their calls that come in, things like this would never happen.

• Bl
      Apr 25, 2016

4/25/16. Received unsolicited call from this same company, also after posting a craigslist ad to sell my car. To the responder above, neither my phone number nor the original poster's number were automatically generated. They were pulled from a craigslist ad that specifically said not to call the poster of the ad with solicitations. The ad is posted to sell a car, not to invite a solicitation from someone offering to help sell the car for a fee.
    So they ignored the "no solicitations" AND the national DNC. It doesn't matter that their intentions are good and all the blah blah blah you wrote. Irrelevant to the complaints here. Don't effin call people who post ads to sell them other ads when they say "no solicitations". That's the complaint. Got it?

• 52
      Aug 14, 2019

This is our exact experience. Stay clear of this company!