selectyourgifts.com / Pay to get items

1 Williamston, NC, United States Review updated:

Car dealership offered a $1000 gift certificate when you test drive one of their vehicles. This is a gift certificate scam. You pay for every item you choose...Many of the charges are more than the item is worth...

Vi

More selectyourgifts.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009

I just got a $250 gift certificate for selectyourgifts.com. It seemed too good to be true, and was especially fishy when it stated "please do not go to a search engine to visit our site".

• Bu
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I just got the same certificate in the mail today. Naturally I went straight to the search engine (google) and lo and behold, nothing but [redacted]s, scams and complaints! HA I am going to complain to the car dealership that was promoting this too. It doesn't say much for McCotter Ford, Cheney Highway (highway 50) Titusville FL!! The mailer stated that there were Walmart, HomeDepot and Staples certificates but when you go to claim it there is only the Nascar Online left. Who knew!!
    I think people who recieve these should complain to the companies that promote them. I think it's bad business all the way around.

14th of Apr, 2009

I agree. I received the "Select Your Gifts" $1000.00 Gift Certificate from the GMC Dealership in Kilgore, TX. I went to the site and the prices for shipping are the prices that the product is worth. Plus you have to pay the shipping fee for every item. I mentioned this to the guy at the dealership and he was under the impression that you only have to pay one shipping fee, not one fee per item. I think the only way to stop this is to complain to the companies that promote this rip off, and let them know that it is bad business.

20th of May, 2009

This type of winner's scam reveals how untrustworthy advertising can be...and it really puts a damper on the reputation of the car dealership using this kind of "bait and switch scheme" to lure customers! I am very concerned and worried about the mechanics that this dealership would hire to maintain customer vehicles. If a dealership participates in false advertising, how can we trust their mechanics to properly maintain our vehicles?

• Rc
      7th of Aug, 2009

I checked it out and you are correct, you have to pay the shipping and hanlding fee as well as a one time "processing fee", it is all a scam to get you to thin that you won or received something for nothing, which we all know never happens. I hope everyone checks this out and reads this before failing into this scam. As soon as my neighbor told me about this and that he won a $1250.00 onlne shopping spree I knew there was a catch and when I looked it up it was just as I thought. Why would anyone want to pay the large fee to pay for the shipping when it is as much as the item itself. Then when you get the items if they don't work or are not what you thought you have to pay to ship it back, ridiculous. What will they think of next. "Winners" beware.

• Lw
      26th of Aug, 2009

i was on to them when they called. i told them i wanted to see the website first, they told me that was not possible (a lie) she kept acting like she didn't understand and that i was stupid for not wanting a $1000 shopping spree when she realized i wasn't going to purchase without proof that it was as wonderful as she was telling me it was she got pissed said bye and just hung up. she was trying to rip me off by selling me magazines i told her i did not want by using a misleading promotional gimmick and she is the one who got angry. sales tactics like this should be considered fraud . i am seeing a lot more of this type of sleazy solicitation i am sure they take advantage of a lot of honest hard working people. did you notice when you typed that web site in the search engine the first page was their information they hoped you would not look further.

• Da
      30th of Aug, 2009

I still have my certificate. What should I do with it? Dawn

• Up
      16th of Sep, 2009

i was stupid enough to agree to these magazines however when i calculated how much i would be spending on these magazines i appologized to the rep and told her i'd like to just cancel that order. she said that was not possible because i had already agreed to pay. she said i could cancel for half the subsciption costs. when i questioned this because i had not sent a payment and they had not sent any magazines she just became angry. when i went online to find the so called $1000 shopping spree...CRAP! all crap! stuff you could buy at a dollar general store for much cheaper. plus you're supposed to pay shipping and handling charges...which is just enough to cover the price of each piece of junk!! the better business bureau should know about all of these scams!!

12th of Oct, 2009

So, what do you do? Did you still get the certificate of the gift card?

12th of Oct, 2009

I agreed. I talked to a rep whose name is Jessica. She is just a bad rep. Here is my condition. I did the same thing. I saw a form said i was selected for the $1000.00 gift card from Walmart. I first filled out the form, it's said from Walmart. I think they are using Walmart to get people attraction. I think Walmart should do something if they don't want to lose their reputation. The next day, a lady called and congratulated me. She did not fully explained to me, about the price of the megazine from ESPN, Sports, and five other megazines, I will have to pay. I was impressed but had no doubt, and agreed to her. But latera minute talking with her, just the minutes after that, I requestioned her and calculated the price for 16 times $58.48, , , it's up to $900, and plus fee for the shipping, too for my order. It would exceed more than a thousand, so I told her to cancel at the time we were talking, and she said I couldn't. She tried to talk faster, saying I have only 2 minutes left to talk with her, and was pushing me over and over. She became angry, and complained to me how I wasted her time, and I apologized to her, but she got mad more and more. She said wait for your certificate giftcard. I really had a bad day and couldn't even go to my class. I strongly suggest that no consumers should ever work with this bad company, the worst one I have ever faced in life.

30th of Nov, 2009

I just talked to a rep who has my card no. But after reading the problems about the thousand dollar spending spree I think I'll decline, glad to have seen what I expected all along... (complaints).

30th of Nov, 2009

I won supposedly 1000.00 shopping spree.but I don'tand will not be a part anything that's not a hundred percent. So I'm out

30th of Nov, 2009

Do you know how hard it is live today and you think you can just waltz up and take money that me and my family needs...you're blessed that you haven't been dealt with the old American way... So called selectyour gifts.com

30th of Nov, 2009

This horse want pull the wagon... Think of something else..

• Pi
      4th of Dec, 2009

I thought I had won something for a change. This is the bigest crock of bull ### Ive ever seen. It all looks so innocent. These people will get what is comming to them!!!

• Rj
      4th of Dec, 2009

I just got the call today and said that i won $1000 gifts from walmart. but i was stupid enough to fall for it and called them and gave them all my card info and few phone numbers. it took me 5 minutes to get done talking to them. after i hung up, i search on google about 'selectyourgifts'. O my freaking god, I saw a freaking word that says "Scam, and forum for Complaints" about this business. now i wish would've search b4 i started talking to them. Is there a way to cancel it, or is it too late. I feel like sueing this people if they cant cancel it.

• Pi
      14th of Dec, 2009

I agree with everyone!!! I got a phone call a couple days ago and then twice this morning. i spoke to 2 different ppl and they told me that they would send me $1000.00 gift card to selectyourgifts.com and all i have to do is pay 2.85 a week or 12.60 a month for 5 different kinds of magazines. Once the 1st persone asked for my card information i told her to call back so i can do some research on this. Because someone had gotten a hold of my mother-in-laws card and charged over $5000.00 and her bank(m&t) didnt do ### and said thats theres nothing they can do, so i didnt want to end up like that . So i called mastercard and they said that they never heard of this promotion. So i called back and spoke to a different women she pretty much said the same ### i heard earlier and all...So I asked her if i would have to give out my card number ...she said no then put her supervisor on the phone to finished it all up and she started asking all my information again starting with my card number...I asked her why i have to give that out she said to make sure that i am a mastercard holder and to make sure that i am who i say i am(yeah like im the scammer) so like a [censored]!!! and i did somemore research and found this website and saw all these complaints...so thank god i work at my bank i am cancled my card so they will not have any access to my account ...EVERYONE BEWARE!!!IT IS A SCAM AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Ap
      17th of Dec, 2009

I just left Archer KIA, Houston, TX and recieved the select your gifts certificate, when i was really hoping for the $75 walmart card but I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM, before I even went online the only reason I went to car lot because it was 2 minutes from where I reside but out of curiosity i went online just to see what they have, the junk there trying to pass off you can find in our local 99 cent stores, and whats so ironic I was planning to buy a car from my wife from this particular car lot, when I recieve my tax return, you know the saying do not trust used car salesmen, well this scam this particular car lot is trying to pull off, do not pat fair with me, and I most definitly will not be buying a car from this lot, buyer beware, ARCHER KIA SOUTHWEST FREEWAY HOUSTON, TEXAS, IS RUNNING SCAM TO GET YOU IN THE DOOR, SO IF THIS IS HOW THEY DO BUSINESS, THAN THEY ARE MORE THAN LESS A LEMONADE STAND JUST WAITING TO SELL SOMEONE A LEMON, so do not believe the hype, Im out

• Ha
      6th of Jan, 2010

I GOT A 1100.00 SELECT YOUR GIFE CARD AND IT"S A RIPE OFF . WHEN YOU GO IN TO THE DEALER SHIPS THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT THE CARDS TO GET YOU TO BUY A VEHICAL . I THINK THEY NEED TO GIVE YOU THE MONEY FOR THE AMOUNT OF THE CARD YOU GOT

• Li
      17th of Jan, 2010

Hi,
    I did not win a gift, I won the Capital Trust debit card loaded with $10, 000. That's right, $10, 000. I did NOT get excited though. It was from Capital Trust and Honda of Greeley, CO.
    By instruction on the flyer, I was supposed to go to www.finalistlogin.com. Well, I searched it on my Norton [my security protection] search engine and it let me know that the website had computer threats and cautioned me about going there.
    So, curiously, I typed in selectyourgifts.com and saw a whole bunch of "scam, rip off, dealerships, etc. with awful stories about folks actually going to the dealerships and was led in circles. No real prize here. Talks about shipping costing more than the 'gifts' themselves. Oh, that's right here too!!.
    I NEVER thought that a reputable dealership would be so down & out to do this sort of scamming. I mean, years ago, I'd received a KEY glued to a flyer and you had to go in to see if it would start the car that they were giving away. Remember that?? This is worse. They both stink!!
    So, here I sit, looking at my $10, 000 debit card and wanting to laugh & cry at the same time.
    Geez, I hate these things.
    I love my Norton protection or I may have went there. I hope not too many people get ripped off.
    Thanks for letting me vent too!!