Select Portfolio Servicing / Unauthorized billing

This company uses it's power to add fees regarding (late fees that were already paid) or insurance that was paid and even after proof would not *** the fees. Also, was charged about four thousand dollars for one letter from their lawyer regarding late payments and warning of foreclosure. When I called the letter and inquired about the exorbitant charges. He just said pay it or I'll start foreclosing. Because of low credit score, they take advantage of you because they realize that you will have difficulty in obtaining another mortgage and that it would be difficult for you pay attorney fees.

We should all get together and fight them.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Apr, 2009

REPORT THEM TO FTC. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE ON PROBATION. THEY ARE VIOLATING THE TERMS OF THEIR PROBATION.

• Sl
      30th of Sep, 2009

I sold my home in April 2009 - not a short sale, not a foreclosure. We paid the loan off in full and netted money to boot. We are now ready to but another house and when we approached a lender and he ran our credit - all three bureaus had foreclosure, amount settled (ie:short sale) and 90 days late - $532, 000 still owed. I faxed all paperwork proving up my case including the HUD which staed what we netted and I still had some agent come back and say "but you did short sale right"!! I asked the idiot how does one short or foreclose and still get money fropm the escrow company? He said "I don't know?' This is full mis -anagement of my account and it is stopping us from buying. An attorney is the next step -

• Dp
      21st of Mar, 2016

This company is not competent to handle loan processing. I have automatic draft and they drafted my account several months and then ceased drafting it without telling me, and then charged a late fee. They also misapplied $6, 995 and then created and escrow shortage which I had to protest only to see them cause more problems. Calling them does no good nor does talking to a supervisor. People need to let HUD know and file complaints.