Select Portfolio / Dishonest/Deceptive Practices

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I have attempted for over six months to arrange a loan modification on my mortgage with this company, due my debt picture. I have complied with every request, jumped through every hoop they have created, filled out financial data on line at their website multiple times, gone through an intercessor to try and make them understand my need to restructure my mortgage. I have been promised innumberable times, "We are almost ready to send it to the underwriters". "We are just about there --We just need to you do do one more thing" - only each time to be asked to jump through another hoop, with no result at the end but to be given other stall tactics to avoid compliance on their part.

They are a dishonest and unscrupulous organization, deceptive and balatantly corrupt in their business practices and relationships to their customers. This company gives all mortgage companies a bad name and is a prime example of why the President has had to personally get involved in an investigation of the the industry. I would warn any customer of this company to find another company to represent their interest. This company is definitely not trustworthy.

Comments

• Dr
      25th of Sep, 2009

Select Portfolio is basically a bad company to be with. We wound up with them by default after the other horrible loan company we were with sold our loan seven times in as many months. Select Portfolio keeps raising our payment, charges us for insurance even though we have insurance of our own on the house, and would not send me a the payoff amount I requested. Had I gotten that, we could have been finished with this rotten company while we still had the money to pay off the loan. My advice..stay away from them, although it's not always up to you if your loan company decides to sell you to them. Something's wrong with that practice if you ask me.