Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed / Sunken in Center

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Bought Select Comfort Sleep Number bed. Have had only a few years and mattress is badly sunken in center. Really disappointed. I'm a senior with bad back and this has only made condition worse. Stay away from this product.

Pj

Comments

• St
      9th of Mar, 2010

Hello there. I’m Stephanie and I work for a member of Select Comfort’s online customer service team. I wanted to apologize for the issue you are experiencing. While this issue is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered under warranty, Select Comfort does offer a foam enhancement that would resolve this issue for a small cost. To receive more information, please call customer service at 1-800-472-7185.

• Tc
      21st of Jan, 2015

I have had the same issue. Sunken in the middle. Called them regarding the warranty. They pro-rated the warranty and we paid the $400+ to get the foam rails and divider replaced (via said prorated warranty). We did this first after talking to the customer service folks and heeding their recommendation to do so, thinking this would solve the issue. It didn't.

Called customer service again, and again they pro-rated the warranty and said it would cost me almost $600 to get a replacement zipper enclosure for the air chambers. (Expanded Queen, model 7000, purchased for $3200+ in 2006) No other options provided.

Customer service also said "I see you used your warranty to get the replacement foam rails/divider. So you should be familiar with how we pro-rate the cost..." So they can see your account when you call in. BEWARE!

So, that would come to around $1, 000 FOR WARRANTY WORK!! I could buy a higher end box and mattress set and have money left over for that amount for WARRANTY work!!

I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a year... 20 Year Warranty, my eye... what a racket!!! If I knew back in 2006 what I know now about this company, I wouldn't have purchased this bed! I hope, at least, that the saleslady got a good commission!!

BE AWARE!!