Select Comfort Bed / mold issue with the foam

1 30 Forest CtSan Anselmo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-499-1221

The interior of my Select Comfort Bed is moldy. I asked for a replacement foam insert and they want to charge me $650.00 to replace the moldy parts. This appears to be a common problem with their beds. I have been sick sleeping on the bed but did not know why until we took it apart to move.

PFM

Comments

• Ia
      4th of Jun, 2008

Hi Penina,

I'm Ian from Select Comfort, creators of the Sleep Number bed. Our record indicates you emailed stating you needed to purchase a new pilowtop mattress cover and that your foam topper pad was moldy. When we offered to ship any affected parts for free, you said "I am very happy with your solution. The parts that are moldy are the two air chambers and the foam insert." We then shipped a free foam topper pad and two free treated air chambers to the address you gave us. I am sorry for any misunderstanding. In order to reach customer service, please do feel free to call 800-472-7185 or email customerservice@selectcomfort.com anytime.

Sleep well,

Ian

My Sleep Number is 60

• Ji
      20th of Nov, 2008

Ian,
    I had mold on my bladders and foam, which I discovered after ordering replacement foam. Not only did I not get something for free, but now I'm told I can't even return the foam for credit - and I never even opened the box!!!
    Jim Wilson