seek.net / ripping off advertisers

11-13 widmore roadbromley, England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0208 315 5500
The company are publishing advertisements for businesses without their consent and also publishing ads that are inaccurate or do not contain information that has been specifically requested by the paying customers. They then try to charge for it when the advertisers are refusing to pay! they are also claiming to have copies of their books in every tesco store, wh smiths and other newsagents etc throughout the UK which is completely untrue. It is not for sale anywhere apart from the "bargain bins" on amazon.co.uk for 30 pence! Nobody wants to buy these books as they are a complete waste of time. The company is owned by a guy called Sami Muduroglu who is an undischarged bankrupt and not allowed to be involved in any company until 2010! He has been reported to the insolvency service by several dissatisfied consumers. The other directors of the company are Alper and Eren Muduroglu. They are trying to get money from advertisers by taking them to court for not paying for advertisements that they did not want printed in the first place, or that are wrong because they do not have any contact details on them. These people are bullies and are soon to be investigated by Bromley trading standards. The "business" is ran on widmore road from above a restaurant/takeaway! Do not buy any of the internet shoppers guides and do not advertise in it either. They are conmen and petty theives.

Comments

Ka
  3rd of Dec, 2008
this article is so true from my recent experience with them.I signed up with them then realised they were lying about Tesco, Google, etc... I cancel my payments, they took me to court. On the day of the trial, they were two other cases with them and Seek.net did not turn up. They use the small claim court to threaten you into paying them !!! I have reported them to trading standards. andd am about to write to Tesco.
He
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Well here am I another one who has been scammed I feel a real fool as not only did they take over one thousand sterling but one of the managers stayed in My Hotel free for a week to off set another two thousand.
I got nothing but you know in life when this happens yes of course I feel terrible and upset as I did not have the money and had to pay it bit by bit but what comes round goes round.
If anyone has any idea on how I can get the money back(perhaps a silly idea but still have to ask?)
How do they get away with it?
Le
  6th of Feb, 2009
Does anyone know whats going on with these people i to have paid over 1000 pounds for a jan release and as yet have nothing to show for it.
I have tried telephoning but no one answers the website is there still proper miffed really did not this
If anyone knows antything please let me know.
Ex
  18th of Feb, 2009
I used to work for Seek as a sales person and left because of the nature of the business and the fact the product doesnt work. They brainwash the sales team into believing the product works and actually argue that the click throughs have brought the customers business - when its blindingly obvious it doesnt. This does not work, anyone with half a brain can see this and I would strongly advise anyone not to go near them or pay a penny in advertising. I am so glad I have left and can honestly say that they recieved a mountain of complaints every day.

Please please please do not advertise in there, it doesnt work and the sales spiel although very believable - is all lies!
Pi
  13th of Nov, 2009
I was tidying out my office and found a 2004 Seek.net book. Jogged my memory of this bunch of scoundrels. It must have been November 2003 I had a call from someone who told me it was a web book targeting the affluent South East. Well we sell nice winter products online and today 2009 it is hugely successful. Seek.net said their book would be in every Menzies and WH Smiths. Big publication indeed everywhere. I happened to be in London Euston Station in the heart or their afflunt South East. Great ...I walked into menzis and looked for Seek. The staff had never heard of it! I called them...Someone answered and I told them it was unheard of and until it was in my local paper shop in the North of Scotland and on the shelves of book shops and supermarkets the length of the country I would not pay.
I suspected a SCAM. So they wanted £500. I told then to take a hike.
Some months later a dept collection agency called wanting money for seek .net. I told her that if she could find seek.net books in Menzies and WH Smiths across the country I would pay but not until then. She said I will speak to my supervisor. That was now 6 years ago. Never paid them a penny and never will.

What a shame I say that people find it impossible to make a living by being honest. Incidently if you type www.seek.net into your computer there is no website. I think I might register the name for myself and sell some advertising to a scruffy office above a takeaway and chip shop in Bromley, Kent.

The seek.net book is now being tossed into the bin!
Al
  11th of Dec, 2009
I'm not sure where all this started I think it began with a disgruntled advertiser (Dave - fab4dave) who I have spoken with over 18 months ago and established the problem that led to him posting stuff about SeeK.net and myself.
The truth is SeeK.net (SeeK Directory ltd) is a Company that was solely run by myself. I was the only Director the Company ever had and the only involvement my brother, Sami Muduroglu, had was as a founder shareholder.

I won't go in to the weaknesses or strengths of the Company as being honest I could post anything up here and as the comments are not vetted and very difficult to remove it would not really count for much. They are only my views.

For anyone who wants actual details about myself or the Company I would suggest contacting the official receiver as SeeK was forced in to liquidation after 9 years of trading due to bank funding being pulled. If details are required about complaints regarding the company or myself I have checked with Trading Standards and they had received 3 complaints during our 9 year history which I would estimate brought in over 15, 000 paying clients. They will be able to verify this.

I did give my personal email to forums such as this as I have no issue with people complaining if they feel aggrieved, but I never received one email. If any businesses did not generate the business they were expecting I am genuinely sorry for that, I know myself how difficult it is to set up and run your own Company but I never knowingly mis-sold and if I was guilty of anything it was a lack of Customer Services and over aggressive selling tactics which as the MD ultimately has to be my responsibility. Anyone who suffered because of that I sincerely apologise.

This is not a response to try and alleviate blame as if my products did not work for certain advertisers then I have to accept that and can only offer my apologies but the material that has been drawn to my attention is just factually incorrect.

Regards
Alper Muduroglu
Eu
  17th of Mar, 2012
It is now 2012 and they are still operating in exactly the same way. The sales methods they are using are unacceptable from any point of view. We thought of booking and ad but decided at last moment not to it because of the attitude of the sales people we started to realize there is something wrong. Never the less they try to force us into paying and involved a collection company but we are not going to pay them 1 penny. Please be warned never talk to this company they are just trouble. Regards Eugene Nijssen