Seedtime Publications / Scam and cheating!

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

A young friendly black women knocked on my door claiming to sell magazines and also asking for donations to provide magazines to inner city children. I even fed this girl a sandwich at my kitchen table when she claimed to be hungry after walking the area all day. Well, $152 and 6 months later, still no magazines and no means of contacting this organization.

I will not be duped like this again.

Va

More Seedtime Publications Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Zz
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I had the same experience. I will be filing a complaint with the SC better business bureau. Was completely scammed by this ### of the earth organization. Consider yourselves warned... stay away from SEEDTIME PUBLICATIONS, a total sham!

• Ti
      7th of Jan, 2008

This also happen to me in Grand Rapids Michigan, I talked to this guy for a while he told me how good i had it and bamm, check I wrote I just now searched seedtime and noticed all the complaints.
    Wont happen again.

• Ke
      9th of Jan, 2008

Beware of this scam by Seedtime. I purchased $160.00 from two polite young ladies that were good salespeople six months ago. They even spoke to my daughter about how difficult their lives where and how lucky she is to have a good home. I too, offered them a snack and let them in to cool down from the hot day. I did get a contact number to their boss, who I have since called. He promised that with his own money he would purchase the magizines to me. Also I keep emailing a lady called Margina Bravo who from time to time tells me my check is in the mail! Haven't heard from her lately and I am emailing her every day just to bug them!! I'm sure by now I'm in their trash file. I am so angry!! I do have an email address if you want it...

• Ke
      9th of Jan, 2008

Hey everyone. I was able to find a phone number for Seedtime, not that it will do any good, but a least you can call. The number is 803-684-5990 fax is 803684-5991. Good luck!

10th of Jan, 2008

I had the same experience. I was approached by a young black man who was very polite. He told me he was trying to make a living for himself and his daughter (picture) and that this job provided him invaluable training. Would I support him. Bang! Of course I would. I signed up for 2 publications - $120. I never got any magazines and when they respond to email they just thank me for the business. Dissappointing when individuals and companies exploit a natural good-will to help a fellow-human being.

19th of Jan, 2008

I, too, was approached last summer by two black girls who claimed that my buying their magazines would help them escape poverty and help them be responsible citizens. When they told me my total was going to be some ridiculous amount, I downsized to a smaller amount. Same story, 8 months later and still no magazines or refund check. Margina needs to be stopped. Can't we contact the police in South Carolina? I don't like to be duped - now I won't trust anyone who comes a-knockin'!

19th of Jan, 2008

I just contacted the Attorney General's Office of South Carolina where Seedtime is located. If everyone files a complaint, maybe we can see this "business" closed down. Don't assume you can't do anything - do SOMETHING! The email address is www.scattorneygeneral.com. Hit "Contact" in the upper left hand corner and then Consumer Complaint. At the bottom of that page is a spot to hit "Complaint Services". Hit Online Complaint Form and you can fill out your complaint and what you want to see happen.

Let's put this organization out of business!

• Ru
      22nd of Jan, 2008

This happened to me this past summer - a nice black girl who was going door to door -- and I helped her out with three magazine orders and a donation!!! I tried emailing the address and calling == can't get ahold of anyone !! Now I know why!! I will definitely contact office of Attorney General as suggested by previous writer !! How can the laws let people keep doing this if they know how crooked it is ?

• Ru
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I also filled out a complaint to the BBB of that part of South Carolina. Their e-mail address is:
    info@charlotte.bbb.org

• Ra
      23rd of Jan, 2008

This also happened to me in Allegan Michigan during the summer. I forgot all about it until I was going through my tax stuff and ran across the receipt. I guess I can consider myself fortunate because I only lost $50.00. I doubt it will do any good but I'm definitely calling them tomorrow.

• Ga
      28th of Jan, 2008
    Seedtime Publications - Paid for unreceived periodicals!
    Seedtime Publications
    2353 danfield way
    Macungie
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-442-7879

I paid $66 for three magazines to a salesrep who came to my door. This was on June 9, 2007. She was a young black woman, who said she was selling magazines to make a living. I have not received any of the magazines and cannot reach this company by phone or e mail.

• Ka
      6th of Feb, 2008

Ms. Tycie Godsey of Seedtime Publications came to our house selling magazine subscriptions. Usually these door-to-door sales are through honest people and organizations -- not this one. It is a complete scam. I allowed well over the 120-day period for delivery and still no magazines. I have called and emailed to request a refund, but there has been no response. I've filed complaints with the Charlote, NC BBB and with the SC Attorney General's office (as recommended by another consumer who filed a complaint re. this same company). The Better Business Bureau's report on this company is not favorable; obviously the owners, Mr. & Mrs. James Davis, ran this same sort of scam down in Florida, then moved up to South Carolina due to the multitude of consumer complaints in Florida. I don't expect to see the refund nor the magazines, but I hope that this company gets shut down for good.

• Br
      14th of Feb, 2008

I also purchased a magazine on 6/20/07 from a door-to-door salesman named Darryl Baker - representing Seedtime Publications. He said "if you don't want a magazine for yourself, how about a subscription to be sent overseas to our servicemen in Irac". He claimed several neighbors had purchased one like that. Well we ordered one magazine. Waited over 120 days & nothing. Called January 14, 2008 and requested a refund. Was told it would be processed 2/1/8 & we would have it 3-5 days. Nothing! Called 2/13/8 and was assured "we'll look into this and get back to you". Nothing! Why are business like this allowed to continue? It's fraud & they should be procecuted!

• Ta
      26th of Feb, 2008

I too was scammed by this company. One hot day in June a young black girl and her trainee a young black man hoping to escape poverty came to my door. I gave them bottled water and freshly made chocolate chip cookies. Bought a magazine that I did not want for $42.00 plus $10 handling and processing. Now 8 months later no magazine. I sent a letter asking for my refund, which is what they say is required, no response. I acutally spoke with someone on a Thursday, was promised a call back on Friday, no call, so I called again left a message, no return call, called Tuesday the number is now disconneted, big surprise. I will never purchase anything from anyone who comes to my door again. So sad for the honest people out there.

• So
      2nd of Mar, 2008

My husband and I ordered subscriptions from a overweight, black man, on 8/25/07. He appeared to be exhausted & overheated. Like many of you, we invited him in our home to cool off & gave beverages. This crook's story he was trying to obtain a quoto for sales, and helping with college. This same joker told my neighbor the lie about helping inner city kids go to camp. The phone number listed on the receipt is no longer in service. The BBB of SC has been contacted.We were taken for $80 & my neighbor $50. I'm not sure how many others in our development he scammed. They seem to target affluent areas.

5th of Mar, 2008
    Seedtime Publications - Scam and fraud!
    Seedtime Publications
    Michigan

I purchased two magazine subscriptions from this company when they came to my door on 06/23/07 .I waited patiently before trying to call them. Giving them the benefit of doubt. Then I decided to check the complaints. There were so many. I lost fifty dollars on that sale and magazines for my new grand daughter.

• Da
      19th of Mar, 2008

SAME HERE!!! VICTORIA SMITH, A NICE BLACK LADY, KNOCKED ON MY DOOR AND SOLD ME 162.00 FOR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS. I STILL HAVE THE RECEIPT AND NEVER GOT A MAGAZINE. AND THAT WAS ORDERED 02-20-2007.

• Am
      21st of Mar, 2008

A friendly black man came to my office, I sell car insurance, and told me he worked to help inner city children. He had a brochure, and a slick line about how black people don't get ahead in the world. I felt bad for him and bought (THANK GOD) only 30 dollars worth of Savuer. After I refused to pay 640 dollars for 10 magazines for 5 years. I ordered my "magazines" on 06/29/2007 and its now March 21, 2008. No magazines.

27th of Mar, 2008

Can't wait for the next person to come by ringing my doorbell to sell magazines -- they'll be in for a surpise!!! Same situation, young black guy telling me about his unfortunate life, and his quest to get off the streets and make a living. After 40 minutes of hearing his smooth talking tale he was able to squeeze out $30.00 for a magazine. Kept calling Seedtime after 120 days when no magazine arrived and was told the publishers were swamped with orders -- eventually asked for a refund. Promised that on 3/14 -- now their numbers are disconnected!! Hope they all rot!!!

• Ms
      2nd of May, 2008
    Seedtime Publications - No periodicals
    Seedtime Publications, LLC
    1735 Heckle Blvd., Suite 111 #220
    Rock Hill
    South Carolina
    Phone: 803-684-5990

On July 6, 2007 a young "Christian" black man came to my door. I bought two magazines $86.
    I called and left a message sometime in March 2008.
    I haven't heard a thing May 2, 2008 Phone is disconnected.
    I've learned and shame on them.