Sedgwick / workers compensation

Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:

A large box of 27 FULL 39-lb freon tanks opened up in the rear of my van and were rolling around. I pulled over on the highway and two of them rolled out onto the highway. When I went to pick them up, I heard/felt POP in my back. Now they're trying to say that it was pre-existing. Ridiculous.

I've done EXACTLY what they've instructed. Went to THEIR doctors who have all written that I'm not allowed to work but now @Sedgwick wants a second opinion -OF THEIR OWN DOCTOR -and is trying to say it's not work related even though the orthopedist clearly wrote "degenerative changes with inflammation and pain related to injury".

So, I can't go to work because the doctor wrote me out, but I can't afford to stay out of work. Ridiculous.

It can not be legal (and is certainly not ethical) to be told that you cannot go into your office because a doctor said you can't but also are not going to be paid for that time!

I have already filed complaints everywhere I can think. Any suggestions are welcomed. I absolutely plan to sue.

Re
Sep 12, 2016

Comments

• Re
      Sep 12, 2016
    Sedgwick claims management services, inc - Workers Compensation
    Memphis
    Tennessee
    sedgwick.com

•   Sep 12, 2016

I can see their point actually. How did you get injured by bending over to pick up something? It sounds as though you did not practice safe lifting.

• On
      Oct 24, 2016

Get a lawyer! Do not listen to anyone who says you do not have a claim. I'm interested in the know-it-all who comments "How did you get injured by bending over to pick up something?" This is not rocket science, but it definitely is pre-judging someone who is simply replaying what happened. A person transporting equipment behaves in a safe manner, pulling the truck to the side of the road, works quickly to get their tanks out of the middle of the road. Are they focused on good body mechanics? or getting the stuff out of harm's way? And what does it matter anyway? Workman's comp is in place to cover accidents. You figure the person planned this scenario? Give yourself a an A+ at being a jerk.