Security One / Be careful what you sign, especially if the idiot who showed up my door knocks on yours.

United States Review updated:

The representative from this company was a big liar. He said we could upgrade our system at no charge which was false. He also said we could cancel the service at any time which was not true. We are now stuck with this useless service for 5 years. Be careful what you sign, especially if the idiot who showed up my door knocks on yours. His name is Ali Batiari.
Va

More Security One Complaints & Reviews

Comments

14th of Sep, 2008
Stuck with his service for the next five years. Dude, have you ever heard of snowballing someone, just bin whatever he's lumbered you with and change your house number and if he ever comes calling, get someone he dosnt know to answer the door and say "What!?" when he starts dribbling on you just say "Maybe, with old house owner, me new house owner, old one moved away!" when he asks "where" You say I dont know ask the estate agent and give him a card from some estate agents. Problem solved!
  14th of Sep, 2008
Or failing that change all the door locks and telephone line and get a Doberman pincher or big german shepherd and cancel whatever direct debit you have allowed with this guy. You want security, buy an attack dog and put it in the front yard with orders to kill the guy from security one.
  14th of Sep, 2008
You want to see how good your new alarm system really is, go find the main circuit breaker for your house.. The main fuse panel, now cut the power, look at that, your flash new alarm system, didn't even fart!
  14th of Sep, 2008
Sometimes they go off on back-up batteries but those are dead in five minutes. I seriously doubt the system they've installed and upgraded would even be that hi-tech.

If you cut the power that usually kills the alarm.
  14th of Sep, 2008
You've bought a squeaky box with a flashing light, impressive!!!
  14th of Sep, 2008
I guess this is the idiot you really should be calling to complain, he owns the company!

Security One
Reiner Neumann
363 Eugenie St East
Windsor, Ontario N8X 2Y2
CA
  14th of Sep, 2008
Now you know why security officers carry a torch!!! If the powers out, the alarm does nothing! You just cant beat a Remington 12* gauge shotgun and a bloody big dog preferably a very hungry Alaskan timber wolf raised from a puppy with a mean streak and nicknamed killer!
  14th of Sep, 2008
Not all the people who would attempt to burgle your house will be outsiders. 45% of robberies are committed by people you've met and allowed into your home. All the more chance for the ones who know how to commit the crime, to observe where your alarm box is and more importantly where the phone lines and main circuit breaker are located within your house.

This is how a professional cat burgler robs you blind when you least expect it.
  14th of Sep, 2008
25 or 30 Seconds to turn off the Alarm, is all the time they need to cut the power and pleasurably take there time about looking threw your belongings...
Se
  7th of Feb, 2011
I have had a great experience with company. In fact they have been my provider for over 10 years and they always respond with great customer service. As what I have experienced, it's all I can say. They have the great customer service and even recommended it to my friends.
Ch
  24th of Feb, 2011
Security One promise to its customers to deliver a premium state-of-the-art security service protection and peace of mind, and it's true. They had the best service for your security protection.
This article is to inform everyone to be careful to this kind of person. This is a big problem that we are facing now, they are lying just to get paid or money. So be careful.
Fr
  24th of Nov, 2011
Security One is a big joke. I made the mistake of switching from ADT to this inferior company. It has been a mess from the very beginning. I received a cold call and was told that Security One is associated with GE and Honeywell who is the maker of the alarm panel that I currently have installed, and they could offer me the same service as ADT for less money. No muss no fuss. Yeah Right!! My hearing impaired daughter recently moved in with me and I asked Security One if they could modify my system to include a flashing light of some type so that she would know if the alarm was tripped. The rep made inquiries and came back and said OH YES we can install a strobe light that should take care of this situation and the best part is "we can install it at no cost". Lower monthly payment and upgrades for free, great sounds good to me, let do it. Well of course they have to send out a tech to check my system etc. He comes out and does not have the strobe light and appears to not know anything about it. Well after a month of the light it on order etc. they finally send an idiot to install the strobe. The light was installed but does not work properly because it is not compatible to my alarm panel. I am being told that I need a new updated alarm panel and the strobe should work right. NOW I am being told that I need to pay $199.00 for the panel inorder to make this work right and to get what I was promised for FREE. The tech that installed the strobe could care less that is was not working right and lied to his boss and said it was working right and that the problem was that it is not working the way I want it to work. HUH. He basically told me that his job was to install the strobe and his job was done!! I am still not sure how they expect this thing to wake anyone up if it only flashes 8 times and stops. We tested it at least 5 times and each time it flashed 8 times and stopped. Silly me I thought the thing should flash until someone resets/disarms the alarm system. WHAT A MESS!! I wish I had checked the reviews if I had I would have never got involved with this company.
Ha
  23rd of May, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Simply stated...THIS COMPANY (SECURITY ONE) IS A RIP OFF! Buyer beware, they will not live up to there agreement!
Ra
  18th of Oct, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It's true. We were suckered by this company and a rep named Ali Batiari. Same lie as the man noted above. We contacted the owner in Utah and were told in a letter we were let go from the contract. Three years later we found out they had been taking the $40 month charge our of our checking account--of which we weren't aware--for three years. And we are just now hearing the company made a response to the BBB in Utah--three years after we first complained, and after they got all of their money. DO NOT use this company! They are not reputable and their agents LIE!
Al
  1st of Apr, 2016
I am writing in my horrible experience with Security One Security System/Safe Home Security. I recently had to cancel my 3 year contract with them for several reasons. The first one being I was never noticed by the owner (the first one I initially spoke with to set up services for my home) or the technician who installed the system our home that there was a contract involved with their service prior to signing up. I only was notified after it was installed in our home and the contract was already signed. In addition, I was just notified yesterday by another representative that there is no service warranty with my current contract. I was never notified that I needed one neither was it discussed with my husband and myself at all. I only found out when I called back to verify if there was a technician charge for a technician coming to our home due to their lack of detail. We recently found out on our own that 2 doors in our home does not have any sensors at all. I called to have someone come out as soon as possible to look into the issue and correct as soon as possible because this is a huge whole in their security system. We are paying for a system where anyone can walk into our home and the alarms would not even sound. We have had a multitude of break ins in our area and they stated it would take a week for them to come out and even look at our system. They told me that there would be an $89/hr charge for the technician to come to the home and $198 to correct the issue. It is unfair to me as a paying customer to try and be charged services that they are not issue sure what the issue is or even entails. I have been transferred several time and on hold for extended periods of time and even after all of that my issue is still not resolved. The representatives have been extremely rude and disrespectful. I asked to be transferred to a Supervisor on multiple occasions and I have never spoken with one. I was even told by one representative, “I will not honor your request to speak with a supervisor. You will deal directly with me!” I had to search back to my very first email prior to signing up with the company and locate the owner’s/president (Claudio Roy Hand) of the company email and telephone number. I called him on several occasions due to the urgent matter. His voicemail is always full and he is extremely hard to get a hold of. I finally was able to speak with him and his attitude is worse than the representatives. I attempted to explain my situation to him and he cut me short every single time I tried to speak and told me on several occasions that I was trying to pull a fast one on him! I feel completely disrespected and someone truly needs to look into this fraudulent company and their fraudulent and negligent practices. I finally paid my way out of the contract because I refuse to continue services with a company where my family life is in danger because they refuse to expedite services in which they were at fault for not installing all of the censors from the beginning, disrespecting me as a customer and family and having to deal with a company “owner” who basically calls me a liar to my face without even researching the issue. I had to pay my way out of a contract that I was not even aware of until after the fact which was $1534. Also, I was just informed that even though they have my money and received my official letter to cancel services it is STILL going to take 30 days to deactivate my system!!! So basically, if someone were to break into my home and my alarm “sounded” the security company would not even contact me because my account is closed in their system!!! They took my money unfairly and I will never ever do business with this company or affiliate companies ever again. I should have known better not to associate with a company that was previously sued by ADT.
Co
  19th of Sep, 2016
This is a warning for anyone considering Security One monitoring services. I signed up in December 2014, and everything seemed to be going ok until I had some equipment malfunctions one year into my three-year contract. It took six weeks to get someone out to replace a battery, which was causing a warning to go off every twelve hours (and which required keypad input each time). This warning started happening at 2pm and 2am every night, so I had to disable the alarm myself from the control panel (no help at all from Security One support, whom said only a technician could help, but couldn’t seem to get one out). Then it took five months to replace a faulty door sensor, which caused a false alarm three days in a row (in perfect weather), and brought the police out. In order to avoid a ticket from the police, I had to stop using the alarm entirely until Security One were able to come out and replace the sensor (this was the recommended action according to the Security One technical support people). Over that five months I had multiple cancellations, no-shows, and technicians showing up with the wrong equipment. All of this to replace a single wireless door sensor stuck to the door; this was not a complex issue requiring hours of troubleshooting. And when all was said and done, Security One refused to give me a refund for the five months where I was not receiving any monitoring service. I even volunteered to extend my contract by the same period, but they told me I was under contract to pay for monitoring services - whether or not I had a working alarm. According to their website they are five star, and “take our rating very seriously”. Over that five months I have written letters to the corporate office, local office, left voicemail messages, and sent in numerous requests over the website, first requesting help escalating the issue, then requesting a refund of unused services. The only response I got is from accounting, once I put a stop payment on my credit card (this was after three months of no alarm, and their inability to get anyone out). Needless to say, customer service is non-existent, and if you want to choose a lower-cost monitoring service, just cross your fingers that you don’t have any issues with your equipment.
Ra
  17th of May, 2017
Worst security company I have ever had. Alarms go off for no reason waking you up in the middle of the night. Customer service is terrible. Horrible horrible experience