Security Networks / Stay away at all costs!
In 2002, we got Alarm-One security system installed in our home in Hoffman Estates (IL). The contract for the equipment was signed for 3 yrs, after which we were told we could cancel at any time. Now (May 2007) we have moved to New Jersey and want to cancel our service. But during this time the accounts in that area have been sold to another company called "Security Networks". We were advised by Alarm-One to now contact Security Networks to cancel. But the customer service at Security Networks told us different things to do every time we called in when the service was still not disconnected. We were told to send in mail, e-mails, fax and request cancellation. We have done all of the above but still they haven't taken any action. It has been months and since we are set-up for auto-payment Security Networks is still withdrawing $40 regularly from our account. Every time we call they make us hold for hours and then tell us to fax/e-mail again etc. Also, now they have come up with a new tactic, they are telling us that we are still under contract and we will owe the remainder of the term amount. In spite of the fact that we signed the contract in 2002 and it was over in 2005. In addition, we have been treated very badly by the customer-service dept. and have even been asked to "get off my (their) phone". This problem has lead to a wastage of a lot of time and money and not to mention the mental anguish.
If their is anyone planning to get a security system from "Security Networks" I want to warn you that DO NOT ever do that!!!
Hope this will help some innocent customer before he/she takes the bait.
More Security Networks Complaints & Reviews
- Security Networks - renuew of contracts 
- Security Networks - Harassment 
- Security Networks - Failed to Upgrade Primary Wireless Alarm System 
- Security Networks - Alarms 
- Security Networks - Fraud 
- Security Networks - WARNING!!!! Auto Renewal
- Security Networks - Fraudulant Practices
- Security Networks - Clause in Contract 
- Security Networks - dishonest representation and lack or response
- Security Networks - auto renewal