Security Direct / Worst Service

1 PO box 1269,Barking EssexUnited Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08000560462

I order from Security Direct 5 boxes non-powdered gloves and other sanitary items for my chocolate business. The amount amounted to 146.04 pound.

I call the first time on the on the 9th December 2008 to check when my order will be dispatch.

A person by the name of Stacy said she cannot check my order but you can check your order by their tracking on line system on their website.

I did exactly what Stacy told but I did not get any respond. I call back again and Stacy told me it was not an instant but someone will contact me via email.

After waiting for 3 days no email or call. I call again to check and again Stacy pick up but this time I was little persuasive and ask to speak to someone that know about my order.
She was very reluctant to let me speak to anyone.

A person by the name Paul came on line.
I ask him when will my order will be dispatch? We need the glove badly. Paul said my order is not 7 working days yet so he cannot give me any answer when the order will be dispatched. I did 95% of all my buying via internet, from the smallest amount to the biggest amounts. (20, 000 pound)
I ask him if he can roughly give me any date, his answers; HE DOESN’T KNOW but just told me to wait.

No company ever said, they don’t know when my order will be dispatched.

Ok I thought, perhaps their policy is as such so I said ok. I will just wait as I was told.

On Saturday 13th I got my product with half wrong and some not delivered.

I wrote an email on the same day but no respond until today December 19th.

I call and spoke to Stacy on Monday 15th and told her they send me wrong products and some orders are missing.

She said, she would check and call me back.

She never call me back.

I call her the next day, she still doesn’t know anything.

I told Stacy, mistake could happen to anymore, I just want to know how the mistake can be corrected.

I have not being unreasonable or rude all this time. I just want to speak to someone who can solve my order problem.

At last, after being persistence with my request, I managed to speak to Paul again.

This time he promises to correct the problem and send me an email the same day on the Tuesday 16th and correct the problem.

I have not received any email or call from Paul until today December 19th.

I tried calling him and even ask my husband to call but I felt he been avoiding me.

He is always not around or when he is around, he is online.

I left him messages to call me back and he never did.

When I ask to speak to the Manager, he is not available either and when I ask for the manager name, it is the company policy; they cannot give the name of the manager.

What kind of business is this? No one wants to take the responsibility to solve my problem.

I just don’t know what to do now. Any help from anyone who knows what can done.
I know my amount is not huge but I don’t think it is fair to be treated like this.

I felt like the staffs are sabotaging their own company.

No one in the company are helpful are willing to help. If this how they treat their customers, soon they have no customers left.

Su

Comments

• Jw
      19th of Mar, 2009

I am having exactly the same problem. I made an order two weeks ago and it still has not arrived. I tried the online order tracker which is supposed to produce a response within 24 hours. No response received. I called customer services and they said they couldn't check the status at that moment but someone would call me back. Nobody called me back. I called them again and got through to this Stacy person. She also couldn't check my order status but said she would call me back tomorrow. I doubt very much that she will. Do not use this company unless you want to lose your money.

• Sw
      24th of Apr, 2009

I'm having the same problem as well. Only difference is, the customer services representative I've spoken to each time is called Laura. I've been e-mailing and calling since February when my order was placed. No reply to 5 e-mails. Fobbed off every time on the phone. Won't let me talk to someone senior such as a manager. Say they're unavailable each time. I finally lost my temper today and said I would be contacting Trading Standards (which I have). Their advice is to send a letter to Security Direct and send it by Recorded Delivery, so it has to be signed for and there is proof they have received it. When that's done they said to let them know and they'll tell me what to do next. I also phoned my bank today and they're sending me a form to fill out and then they said they will contact the company to try and get me a refund.

Here's the background to my problem: Ordered 2 boxes of 100 non powdered disposable gloves. A week later, message on my answerphone saying they were out of stock and they'd send me an alternative. Said to phone if any problems with that. I didn't pick up message until that evening. Sent them an e-mail saying I didn't want the alternative gloves but it was too late as they arrived the next morning. Sent 4 more e-mails saying I wanted to return them as they were not what I wanted or what I had ordered. No reply. Then started phoning. Was told they would send an e-mail with label for returning the gloves. After many more phone calls, they finally sent the e-mail with the label attached. I returned the gloves by post in March but no replacement sent/refund given since then. Keep phoning. Fobbed off every time by Laura saying she'll get someone to look into it. Nothing happens. As I said, today, I finally lost my temper with her. It was when she said "it looks like no one has got around to it yet", that I lost my temper! When I said I would now be contacting Trading Standards, there was no reaction from her whatsoever! Obviously not worried by that at all. I don't know why there isn't more protection for consumers.

I'm going to copy the other 2 complaints from this page and send them to Trading Standards (actually called Consumer Direct the people you contact for help), so that they know this hasn't just happened to me and maybe they'll be more likely to do something when they see it's happening to other people as well.

It only £11.01 I will have lost if I don't get a refund but I can't afford to lose even that much money, as I'm on a low income.

Sun and jwol, please don't let it go. Keep trying like I am to get your money back. Contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 and your bank if you paid by credit or debit card. Don't let Security Direct get away with this. Hopefully, if enough people report them, something will be done!

• Sw
      24th of Apr, 2009

PS Maybe we should all contact Watchdog on the tv as well! I bet this is happening to more people than just the 3 of us and if people see it on the tv, they'll contact Watchdog as well.

• Ur
      27th of May, 2009

Same here. Ordered items, chased delivery, finally got goods after a month but some missing and others incorrect. Sent 6 or 7 emails, phoned 3 times, getting nowhere. Am out of pocket by about £60. Will send a letter recorded delivery as advised.

• Ia
      9th of Mar, 2010

This is a complete rip off company (Security Direct). I also have an unfillfilled order, which they promised to later cancel and refund me for - what I surprise, they haven't either supplied the goods OR refunded me as promised. I won't bore you with the phone calls and emails and letters sent to them. I wonder how many people they have ripped off. In my own case, I will go for a Country Court small claims procedure if the local trading standards in Essex don't get back to me on them, as I have asked them to do.