Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. / liars!

1 200 west 50th streetNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212-725-3330

They are liars and try to steal your money. One time I was owed 80 hours of vacation and they only paid me 56 hours. I called up area coordinator Wendy Guillen-bank to resolve the situation [protected]) and she said it would be taken care of. Weeks went by and no money was returned for vacation. I called her back and she gave excuses and the runaround. I called up california corporate HQ and they stated that others have complaint about her too. I got my money back in 3 days. Them my supervisors complained to me that i caused problems for everybody at the office and that they admitted that the reason for the unpaid money was they wanted to take nm seniority away from me from the old company they bought out ( First security services). I am glad I left the company. now I do security in house at double the pay rate and quality benefits. Securities never wanted to promote me or give a pay raise even though I did an excellent job thought them for over 6 years. they now loose good customers and hire the worst people. They sometimes hire psychos and criminals as security officers. Many of them are lazy and don't take baths. Some of them do not speak english properly.

Comments

• Be
      25th of May, 2008

This guy is right on about Securitas. I worked for them for almost 8 years. I even worked 7 nights week for 18 months straight. Just to get screwed over

2nd of Jul, 2008

I hate Securitas. What a bunch of unorganized ###s! they think they are running a good company but the new HR person has no clue about HR! They lay off people for little things and she thinks she's all that by doing it. She needs to get a stick out of her ### and act like a normal person.

8th of Jul, 2008

I know the feeling. I was denied time off when my Grandmother passed away because I hadnt been with the company long enough as I was told. I worked @ the Microsoft site for a while and the turnover rate was so bad I ended up doing supervisor duties as well as Responder duties. I of course was not paid appropriatly for the extra duties. They lost my insurance papers as well so I had to do without. They also had some computers stolen from one of their sites with current employees as well as former employees information in them. They failed to inform us until a week and a half later. After all of this I left Microsoft and was placed at a site with no place to use a restroom and I lived in my car for 10 hours of each night. I finally had enough and quit. I told them why I quit. I asked them if they went out and checked the conditions of te sites before they do business with them I was told that it was the Officers job. If thats the case I wanna know where the Hell my money is for doing their job. Anyway, I filed my complaints on their alertline and it took a whole year for the Vice President of Human Resourses to contact me. The best they could do to justify their flaws was offer me a job back with them. I would rather shovel horse crap. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. I cannot stress this enough. Oh, and yes they do hire these freaks off of the street. I had a guy show up at Microsoft in uniform with white shoes on. Upper management is just looking to get your dollar.

• Mi
      28th of Aug, 2008

I worked for this shabby company for one year and realized that I wasted my time . my first post was in the hills at Edison electrical Plant, I stayed in a 4 x 6x 9wooden shelter in freezing conditions there was an outhouse about 30 feet away and the place was crawling with snakes and mountain lions. my second post I was the commanding guard at a hotel ...LOL after 9 drugged out guards I was suppose to train they sent me this lazy fat smelly girl who wore sandals.. she couldn't speak English or operate a radio...I caught her taking breaks sitting all night long . I informed the office numerous times and nothing ...4 years later I walked in to see who was working there and she was sitting at a table eating with her shoes off feet up on a chair ... I quit because of the ### promises of raises and moving up in the company
    the office big shots were arrested for stealing money from accounts it was a big mess glad to be out of there !!

24th of Sep, 2008

Have you never wondered how much profit those guys are making by screwing you all out of your pay for a few days or even in some cases upto a week, its theft, pure and simple, by doing that to say oh, 3000 employees, how much interest is that going to be in the company account and lets not forget they employ something like 350'000 people world wide. I bet their tax returns just dont add up!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/51b7a6820e.jpg <---ROFL

24th of Sep, 2008

They are all part of the same umbrella, they are part of Group4, Bell Security, Burns, Pinkertons, Niyasah etc, etc, they seem to have aggressively cornered the private security market so its no wonder they treat us all like we don't matter. One voice complaining out of the 350'000 is a small voice indeed.

6th of Oct, 2008

On 9-25-2008, I received a call for an interview from Briana at Securitas on 2480 N. First St, San Jose, Ca 95131. I applied for a lobby security officer position, for the last week, I have been trying to get a hold of lady named Liz, who is a scheduling manager, the reason I have been trying to contact her was because at my interview, Briana informed me to call Liz, that same day, I called Liz and left her numerous messages and she has not responded, I even called Briana and informed her that I hadn't been able to get a hold of Liz, and so far I have not received any phone calls from either one of them. I have eight years experience in security, and Front Lobby security, I have a certificate in Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Microsoft Office, BIS, CIT, Oracle and keyboarding, I graduated from Piedmont Hills High School on 6-10-1998 and I also attended Evergreen Valley College and received some computer skill training at the EDD.

• Ob
      14th of May, 2009

Get a life

• Ob
      14th of May, 2009

Get a Life!!!

5th of Jul, 2009

I WAS WITH THE CONSORTIUM( WELLS FARGO /BURNS /PINKERTON/ETC.-ETC.) THEY COULDN'T FIELD INNOVATIVE OR PROFITABLE BUSINESS OUT OF THE SAME MIAMI VENUE OVER THE YEARS..PLAYING MORE MONEY-GRUBBING TRICKS, AT THE GUARDS' EXPENSE, THEN "THE MAGICIANS' APPRENTICE"!THEN COMES SECURITAS SECURITY, SUPPOSEDLY A SOUND FOREIGN CORPORATE ENTITY, AND IT BUYS UP THE SURVIVORS OF THE PREVIOUS TITANIC EPISODE..THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO CHANGE THE DECK-CHAIRS..JUST SWITCHED THE RENTED OFFICE DOWN THE BLOCK AND AROUND THE CORNER. THE SAME WITCHCRAFT GAME BOOK ON" HOW TO PUMP-AND-DUMP" THE GUARDS REMAINED INTACT, AND ON THE MUSIC PLAYED! THEY ARE NOT MAKING CAREERS...THEY ARE MAKING CORPORATE VACCUM-CLEANERS WHICH SUCK THE MONEY AND TIME OUT OF THE POOR POPULATION, AND SIPHON OFF MONEY TO CORPORATE BIG-WHIGS SOMEWHERE ELSE.I PUT IN TIME WITH THE FORMER BUY-OUT COMPANIES AS UNARMED, ARMED, DISPATCHER, BANK ALARM CENTRAL MONITOR..JUST ABOUT EVERY JOB THEY OFFERED ON EARTH..NOT A ONE GOT ANY RESPECT, AND NO FILE EVER AMOUNTED TO ANYTHING POSITIVE TO HELP ONE GAIN A CAREER. ALL THE OUT-SOURCED SECURITY AGENCIES ARE FULL OF THE LOST, THE MENTALLY DERRANGED, AND IT IS ONE STEP OR CHECK BEYOND POVERTY..THE SYSTEM IS A SHAM; REALLY PATHETIC! WHAT YOU ALL NEED ARE UNIONS, BASE SALARY BOTTOM CAPS( THAT NO GUARD AGENCY MAY UNDERCUT!) AND MEDICAL BENEFITS WITH SUBSTANCE( NOT BUY A MEMBERSHIP AT SOME LAME SERVICES WELLNESS CONSORTIUM)..AND SOME CONTRACTS WITH CLIENTS WHO TAKE AN ACTIVE INTEREST IN PEOPLE WHO CARE TO SERVE AS SECURITY OFFICERS. YEH, I KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER END..THE LAZY, SUBSTANDARD GUARDS..BUT I LEARNED TO WORK WITH THEM ALSO..IT WAS, INDEED, AN EYE-OPENING LEARNING PROCESS OVER MY THIRTY YEAR RIDE!IF YOU HAVE A GRIPE, I'LL READ IT ON THE BLOGS ON THE INTERNET AND RESPOND. YOU ARE SPEAKING TO THE RINZINGRAND INSTITUTE, AND I CAN OFFER ADVISEMENT AND INSIGHTS AS A LONG-TERM ASSOCIATE..TRUST..I KNOW...!

5th of Jul, 2009

P.S. THE MANAGEMENT OF THESE COMPANIES REALLY HATED ME, DURING THE LONG-RUN I PUT OUT BECAUSE OF A FEW REASONS; I DIDN'T LIKE THE RULES, I OPERATED ON A FAR MORE HONEST LEVEL THEN THE REST OF THE AGENCY, AND I OFTEN PITCHED IN WHETHER IT WAS CLEAN-UP, MONEY-OUT-OF-POCKET TO GET A GUARD TO POST, OR JUST SOME HELPFUL ADVICE. THAT JUST ISN'T THE TYPE OF SELF-CENTERED SLOTH THAT INHABITS MIDDLE-MANAGEMENT IN THESE COMPANIES. YOU GO TO SCHOOL TO LEARN COHERENT AND LINEAR THINKING AND GAMELOGIC..AND IT JUST DOESN'T APPLY IN SECURITY. THE OFFICE IS ALL ABOUT THEMSELVES, THEIR VOICE-BOXES ARE FULL SO YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH..BUT GOD-HELP-YOU IF YOUR PHONE IS DISCONNECTED FOR LACK OF FUNDS AND IT IS THE ONE TIME IN A YEAR THEY DECIDE TO CALL YOU...WHAMO! THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL MADHATTERS...AND THIS IS THEIR WONDERLAND!EVEN IF YOU ATE IT, AND DRANK IT ALL DAY, YOU'D NEVER BE THE RIGHT SIZE TO FIT INTO THEIR PROGRAM..WHICH, AFTER THIRTY YEARS. I HAVE YET TO DEFINE OR FIGURE OUT! YES, OTHER FOLKS SEE YOUR POINTS..WE HEAR...WE SYMPATHIZE! SMALL MINDS RUN SMALL BUSINESS'..BUT MAKE LOTS OF NOISE AND TROUBLE. WHY WE, AS A SOCIETY, ALLOW THIS NONSENSE TO PERPETUATE, IS BEYOND THE PALE OF REASON. IT IS RUDE, ILL-MANNEREED, AND ATROCIOUS . SO THERE YOU HAVE IT..FROM THE INSIDE. SPEAK YOUR MINDS..WE LOVE TO HEAR IT!

6th of Jul, 2009

( WHY-THE-HELL WOULD I-OR ANYONE ELSE-WANT TO CARE IF WE MISSPELLED A WORD??!!DO YOU THINK PRESIDENT OBAMA CARES OR READS THIS BLOG?! DOES ANYONE IN AMERICA CARE???PLEASE REMOVE THE ANNOYING TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAIMATION POINT ABOVE...IT IS SO TRITE AND LUDICROUS!

6th of Jul, 2009

you are now amazed...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• La
      25th of Jul, 2009

securitas sucks, i work for them here in NYC and im quitting on monday morning, they are liars and thieves, , , all this company cares about is the bottom line of how much they can save by screwing thier guards over, , with the amount of duties that i do other companies have to hire 2 maybe three guards, i work 40 hours weeks and take home less than 300.00 dollars, in the meantime the charge the client, 55.60 an hour for every hour i work, , ( i know i saw the invoice), , , tuesday im filing a complaint with the dept of labor cause i worked on holidays, and was paid regular base pay when i asked my supervisor why, he said oh its in the clients contract, , im pretty friendly with a person i know in HR and she told me thats ### cause securitas charged them holiday pay ever holiday, , , , ,

• La
      25th of Jul, 2009

securitas has this little ### kissing ### called David Correa, they call him an Inspector i call him a glorified snicth, he goes around every site and tries to catch guards off guard, or not doing thier duties, , one night the little smuck asked me what i was doing outside, (not knowing i was on meal break) i respectetly told him i was on my own time and if he wanted to talk to me he head to wait till i was back on duty, , , next day i found out i was written up, , after that i got on his wrong side, , i cant wait to sue securitas and that little snitch for borderline harassment

• B3
      19th of Nov, 2009

Had this one boss name John Flores and he changed is name to John Miranda. He was a crook! Securitas hired him!!!

• Go
      17th of Jan, 2010

Richard who posted about "Briana" in San Jose California -

The reason the probably didn't hire you is because you have no clue what you are talking about! The Scheduling Manager is named "Brienne" and the HRG is "Liz". Maybe it was your inablility to follow instructions and keep names and titles straight that caused your lack of a phone call back.

If you are this big of a pain without being hired I can only imagine how usless you would be as an officer.

• Sk
      25th of Jan, 2010

Thanks everyone, I was just going to apply to this company in New York City West 50th Street. I was told by people that work for them, that the company is pretty good to them. Glad I read this site.

• Si
      16th of Feb, 2010

Well the districts in my state aren't any better. I worked security for power crews after an Ice storm hit . Had to camp out in my vehicle for a week was supposed to earn 18.00 an hour for anything over 12 hours. when I got my check it was nearly 400 dollars short. I went to my DM, He told me some ### line about i would be paid according to california pay scale and some other ###. Needless to say I never saw that damn money. C an't believe I'm still working for these [censored] thieves.