Secure Tactics / Rip off

I purchased SpyRecon software from Secure Tactics and attempted to download the product which claimed to be a very simple installation. As soon as I attempted to download the product, my anti-virus protection notified me that the download contained a virus. I contacted the company's customer service via e-mail and they responded that I should disable my anti-virus protection and any other security software and then download the product. I have purchased and downloaded software on-line many times in the past and have never had a problem with my anti-virus program detecting viruses in any legitimate products.

I told the company that I refused to disable my anti-virus protection for the download and was very wary about the legitimacy of their product after I did some research and found many reports by other consumers about having problems downloading the product, lack of customer service and support from the company and various other problems. I asked for a refund and they refused.

I informed them that I will be filing a chargeback with my credit card company since I was not able to recieve the product that I purchased.

An

Comments

De
  17th of Nov, 2008

Have an unauthorized charge on my credit card

Sc
  2nd of Jun, 2009

Don't let this sour you on all such software. The industry leader, SpectorSoft, has a great reputation and real time tech support.

Sm
  4th of Jul, 2010

I wish I would have did my research before trying to purchase this software. I to filed a complaint and disputed the charges from Secure Tactics. I'm waiting for the charge to post and then my Credit Card company said they will disput the charges and go after Secure Tactics. My next step is filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office in Nevada!