Secure Resolutions Inc. / IT DOESN'T WORK

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:

This company is not straight up. Evidently they don't really own an anti-virus, anti-spyware, or anti-anything. All they have is a wrap around updating and web console. According to there help desk they lost their contract to use Panda Software's (Spain) security product which they re-gifted and now they are trying to work with a Russian company. Why in the world would anyone in the use want security protection from a Russian product. Evidently they also have alot of unhappy employees, investors, and vendors. Web search secureresolutions. Caution

Bi

Comments

• Bo
      30th of Nov, 2008

I bought from these guys when I bought my laptop in L.A. What a mess to clean up and get rid of this program, it didnt work and it caused all kinds of problems with other programs. I agree - how funny I saw your complaint.

• Jd
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I had never heard of this company until Jeff Levy started taking about the product. I bought it trusting Levy, but honestly it caused a nighmare of issues with my laptop. I spent far to much time trying to fix the problems which was just upsettling because the store I bought it from couldn't fix the problem and I like Notebook but they just didn't know what to do. The company's support desk was just not capable of solving the problem their program caused. I not so sure about Levy's advice anymore. I think he's fallen and can't get up.

• Je
      4th of Dec, 2008

Sounds like this person who complained is not a happy camper. It sounds like this person who complained has emotional issues and low self esteem.

Here is a triva questions for everyone. How long was McAfee in the market known as an antivurus company before they owned their own antivirus engine? At least 10 years they finally purchased the Dr. Solomon engine and incorporated it around their owned products which they sold for years.

The customer is complained seems not to understand that right now this Russian comapny has the number one anti-malware engine in the world. And yes the engine itself belongs to Kasperky however everything around the engine belongs to the company which this unhappy person who complains is not infomred and only wants to spread false rumors... Oh yea and by the way if you want a version of the product wrapped around with the Panda engine this company still has a contract with Panda and it is still an active product.

I think this unhappy person should relax and perhap stay out of the kitchen if they do not know what they are talking about. This is my two cents.

Jennifer

• Zm
      5th of Dec, 2008
    Secure Resolutions Inc. - Poor Product
    Secure Resolutions
    Tempe
    Arizona
    secureresolutions.com

I bought their anti-virus product and it doesn't work and found out that t's not actually their product but some other companies that they retitled and resold - very misleading.

I've called their help desk but they can't resolve the problem. They won't give me my money back and now don't return my calls.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I never heard of them but got an email and it looked o.k; my mistake and won't ever buy an on-line product again. My credit card company is having problems getting a response but I'm sure I'm covered with the on-line scam insurance.

• Lo
      5th of Dec, 2008

Wow - this is intersting. I'm new to having to deal with these kind of things since my husband passed away. I've done quite a bit of research and have to agree some of these post except for Jennifer. I don't understand why someone would buy a Russion security product when it is very clear that it gives this company full access to your computer and the information within. We need to protect our information and the first step is to buy American and keep it in America. My goodness. We have a boarder problem so why would you virtually add to the problem buy letting our cold war enemy into your computer giving them access to your information. Thank goodness for the internet and the ability to research companies like Secure Resolutions and their AKA Kazpersky. Amerca beware!

Lois

9th of Dec, 2008

I am end-user of Secure Resolutions products. Let me first say I have not had a problem with their technology.

I also have been using anti-malware technology for 20 years and yes there are many companies in the USA that build the traditional anti-malware applications. However if you examine these companies most of all of them have partnership agreements with other companies outside of the United States.

Secure Resolutions is an American company and does filter and control all of their own technology themselves. All file and signature updates are controlled by Secure Resolutions and they do not allow any outside third party company to control their environment.

9th of Dec, 2008

This is the danger of people saying they are end users and claiming they have used anti-malware for 20 years. LOL - "anti-malware" hasn't technically been around for 20 years.

There is a difference in partnership agreements. In the case of this company, they don't actually have a proprietary anti-malware engine i.e. anti-virus, spyware, intrusion, firewall, etc, etc. They embed a second party product into their surface product which only provides "automatic updates" and a few other features for a third party provider which they try to call "managed security"; most of which the original providers actually already provide in their primary product line.

The fact that signuature updates are controlled by this company reduces the primary providers effeciency of the protection - this is extremely dangerous! It is very inaccurate to claim any outside third party company does not control their environment. The third party is the reseller or service provider who controls their client 's system; second party is the engine providers. In this case we understand that only Panda Software out of Spain and Kaspersky in Russion provide engines. Evidently Panda was provided the Secure Resolutions code, according to inside resources, and has full access to your system, contrary to the above author's claim. It is common that this company also provided Kaspersky with their code in order to create a second party agreement; hence, this permits full access to your systems information and control contrary to the "end-user's" claim.

While many companies have partnering agreements, this is not the same for this company as it does not control, or own, an actual anti-malware engine. They are simply a reseller of off-shored products. If you look closer at the actual Kaspersky engine which is the latest addition to their reseller line, it is an older outdated version, not the latest edition.

I agree with some of these posts regarding keeping it in America. It's too easy to access system information. Outsourcing is an unfortunate danger. It's better to know what you are dealing with so just keep it simple. Secure Resolutions appears to be an American company with about five employess. Unfortunately, they resell a repackaged product from Spain and Russia. Ironically, buying from Secure Resolutions doesn't actually support American jobs but builds upon off-shore jobs. Buy real American, not off-shoring pretenders to be an American company.

10th of Dec, 2008

Okay, I guess we need to go back to school and learn some history for everyone specific Mr. Dan. Let's first start with the definition of Malware:

Malware, a portmanteau from the words malicious and software, is software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.

Software is considered malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. Malware includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, most rootkits, spyware, dishonest adware, crimeware and other malicious and unwanted software.

Next, let's look at the time frame of the first computer virus. Twenty-six years ago, a 15-year-old high school freshman named Richard Skrenta wrote the world's first computer virus called Elk Cloner on an Apple II computer. What started as a teenage prank ended up infecting floppy disks where the machine's operating system resided.

Now let us look at the first anti-virus products. There are competing claims for the innovator of the first antivirus product. Perhaps the first publicly-known neutralization of a wild PC virus was performed by Bernt Fix (also Bernd) in early 1987. Fix neutralized an infection of the Vienna virus. The first edition of Polish antivirus software mks vir was released in 1987; the program was only available with a Polish interface. Autumn 1988 saw antivirus software Dr. Solomon's Anti-Virus Toolkit released by Briton Alan Solomon. Also in 1988 AIDSTEST and AntiVir were released.

Finally let's look at the other company that Dan and others are trying to rip.
    The company is called Secure Resolutions as I said I use their software and I don't have any problems with their technology it is cutting edge. If you take the time to investigate and learn you will see what they are doing in the Managed Security field is pretty cool technology which allows you to have an enterprise tool for the price which fits the SMB or SOHO markets. Further they do more than managed security software. They also develop and own Financial applications, which includes, warehouse management, inventory management, ecommerce, CRM, ERP and more.

This company also has approximatly 25+ employees and yes they do have partnerships around the world because they are a global technology company.
    It is a good company to get to know...

• Dd
      11th of Dec, 2008

I have to jump in on this conversation. I'm an investor in this company and unfortunately a very unhappy one. It's pretty evident that Fred is one of the 5 employees of this company, and assumably Douglas Cottle who we know is very untruthful. Several investors and former employees of this company have come together to put a stop to this dishonest actions. This is just gone too far. Fred if you are not an employee please post your contact information. Most investors in this company are naive of technology and that has been Doug's advantage until he crossed the bridge by entering the investment arena which will be his undoing and unfortunately those of us who invested in his lies. Fred's post reads like some of Doug's investor packets. He's overconfident and ignorant. Fred's last post, aka Doug Cottle, is a clip and paste of Wikipedia's definition of malware. Just go to Google and type in Wikipedia and search malware. Cottle's clearly a plagerist as investor documents also reflect. My issue with Fred's last post is that he claims to be an end user with experience in using malware for 20 years. "The first worms, network-borne infectious programs, originated not on personal computers, but on multitasking Unix systems. The first well-known worm was the Internet Worm of 1988 (exactly 20 years ago), which infected SunOS and VAX BSD systems. Unlike a virus, this worm did not insert itself into other programs. Instead, it exploited security holes in network server programs and started itself running as a separate process. This same behavior is used by today's worms as well". How many end-users today were applying malware products to Unix systems? Come on Fred...(I mean Doug, let's straighten up, we see you). Back then you were working for Word Perfect, rememeber? You advertised to investors and that Levy guy that you wrote the Word Perfect program - this will be a surprise when you see who's going to show what you actually were doing at Word Perfect. Fred claims that the company has 25 employess but as an investor I was recently provided (finally after many relentless requests) a "pathetic" p/l statement that doesn't support line item taxes for more than but a few employees for short of 25. Why this pretention that you have 25 employees? Tired of the continued lies Cottle. Some investors have posted on Ripp-Off Report and the Complaints board. Collectively we will reveal Cottle's mistruths and devious rippoff or our monies; clarity is slowly being posted including P/L statements, investor presentations by Cottle, notes, tapes, investigations, lawsuits, etc. to bring some clarity to all investors and individuals involved in this company since the Cottle's and Board Members have not been faithful, and honest. A final quick note is Fred's opener which says "We need to go back to school..." See the ripp-off report claim where different investors in the company have conflicting reports of Cottles education claim. This guy doesn't even have an accredited education. The company website says he has a computer science degree but doesn't privide the instituion nor date. My investor packest claims he went to BYU and others have presentations that he says he went to Utah State. Fred, we know who you are, give it up. Tick talk Tick talk. You are going to jail.

11th of Dec, 2008

There are some people that have a personal grudge against the company or employee's of the company I know nothing about the above statement. However to post such a statement shows the mentality of a FOOL. You did not stay on the subject or focused on the orignal comments which deals with the products of the Company. Instead this person thinks that he is judge, jury and executer of this company and he and now it looks like other in his group doing harm on purpose to hurt the company and all of there employees and shareholders.

Oh by the way, you wanted me to list my name, my name is Fred Smith, which is plain and simple but yet you list your identity as ddudemaui? Why are you hiding? why don't you say who you and who your group of bandits are? I pitty the company if they have to deal with people like yourself.

15th of Dec, 2008

It's obvious who the fool is. Anyone who would buy from this company as we all know they don't have a viable product let alone a computer science degree - you have got to be kidding! Go back to school Cottle after you get out of jail. LOL

• Ji
      17th of Dec, 2008

As far as the above comments I think “Fred” is right he showed that the first virus came approximately 26 years ago and yes the data he used can be found on Wikipedia's (I checked for myself) as well as the definition of malware which in today’s society includes the concept of viruses. – I think this is why he used Wikipedia's so other people can reference the truth.

He also showed that the first anti-malware or anti-virus company is indeed older than 20 years in a previous comment the person named "dan" said that information was not true because that technology has not been around that long but “Fred” was correct, in fact all of Fred's comments have been true. This would mean that “dan” and “ddude” are wrong in their statements, regarding the history of malware and anti-malware technology.

My last comment is that people on forums should stay to the subject. There was a question about this companies technology so I went to their site and purchased the product and tested the product specifically I was looking to see if “dan” and “ddude” had any truth to their story. I purchased the product online, I received my ecommerce receipt and all of their instructions to download and install their product. Everything work, I have been using it for a week now and it has updated every day with new signature files. It has reported statistical data to their back-end management console, so I can tell which machines are covered, which machines have been scanned for viruses and I can see all virus activity within their application. In fact, their technology is cool, I think I will keep it on my machine and not switch back to the other product I was using. I would recommend this software to other people.

6th of Feb, 2009

I would go with NOD32 compared to this. I've used both Kaspersky and NOD32, and NOD32 is faster and I deal with fewer viruses - less calls complaining about an infection. NOD32 also has a remote administration console, and the price isn't bad - $32.50 per computer per year if you buy it two years at a time.

I don't really care for/buy the whole "buy American" thing - if a company can deliver a good product at a good price with good service, I don't care where they're located. ESET is out of Slovakia but keeps offices around the world, including the US and delivers great support when you need it.

• Do
      14th of Mar, 2009

I have to agree with the opening statement - it doesn't work. On top of the fact that they won't give me my money back.

I also agree with part of the last comment that their are better products out there, obviously; but strongly agree with the anti-american comment. Don't buy security products from off-shore companies. Darkadvent must be a dual citizen green card holder or another illigal mexican hiding in Arizona. Careful Darkavent, Sheriff Joe's coming for you... Go home!

Don't buy from this company, Secure Resolutions, or any company pretending to be American or an American made product. It's a bunch of off-shored junk. Maybe their CEO wanaa be, Cottle, should seek dual citizenship since they'll soon be coming for him too.

8th of Jul, 2009

This company now has "morphed" into 2 others to try to hide from their customers, investors FBI and the IRS!!! They are doing business in Mesa, Phoenix and Gilbert AZ as ResloutionsMSP, LLC and AntiCyberCrime, LLC.

Fraud Investigation - Important Information

The Arizona Corporation Commission's investigation into Secure Resolutions and the Cottles is not a confidential matter. The only thing considered confidential is the contents of the investigation itself. The ACC has moved past investigation and into action by filing against Secure Resolutions Inc., Douglas Cottle, Kyla Cottle, and the marriage community of Cottle and K. Cottle through a PROPOSED ORDER TO CEASE AND DESIST, ORDER FOR RESTITUION, FOR ADMINSTRATIVE PENALTIES, AND FOR OTHER AFIRMATIVE ACTION. This is public information supported by Arizona tax payers and made available in full docket tracking and document review at:

Select eDocket Subscription Services
    At the top of the page find icons: Search, Reports, and Calendar; select Search.
    Select the Company Search tab
    In Company Name field enter “Secure Resolutions", press on the Search button.
    Select the Documents tab and press enter.
    Select any case document you wish to review.

The latest action includes a Pre-hearing conference scheduled for July 23, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at the Commission's office, 1200 West Washington Street, Hearing Room 1, Phoenix, AZ.

Bill's assumption above is absolutely correct regarding tax evasion. The IRS filed 4 tax liens against Secure Resolutions for $1, 405, 615.23 for failure to pay payroll and unemployment taxes due since March 2004 through December 2008 – 5 years straight. Would you have invested in this company had this been disclosed? Visit:

Enter “Secure Resolutions" in the Business Name field and press the Search tab.

A “credited investors" who willfully signs a Credited Investor Acknowledgement agreement expects that an organization selling the securities will provide true and accurate financial disclosures and business development statements. Omitting information such as failure to register securities, tax evasion and making incorrect statements surrounding stock value, sales contracts, etc. carries heavy penalties through the ACC and Attorney General when criminal action is sought. Securities law is really a very simple and not as confusing as this company's CEO attempts to make it through disinformation.

Most investors will never physically visit an organizations physical address or attend a shareholder's meeting. In this case, it will be shown that the shareholder meetings were not properly called according to the company bylaws for deceptive voting purposes but of most alarming fact, the company is not actually present at the address provided on the ACC's corporate status inquiry site, investor packet information, the company website, etc.
    The recorded and advertised address is a vacant suite. Our Private Investigator believes the company has skipped the state and/or is temporarily working out of the Cottle's private residence located at 2792 E. Santa Rosa Drive Gilbert, AZ 85234

For posted address information visit:

1. The ACC Public Access System:

Domestic Address
    (Vacant Suite)
    1921 South Alma School Road
    Suite 201, Mesa, AZ 85210

Also, Click on the Check Corporate Status button.

The ACC says the company is not in good standing for failure to file the annual report due on 5/19/2009.

2. The company's “About Us" own webpage:

Drag the curser over the About Us tab
    Click on the Contact Us link to see:

(Vacant Suite)
    Secure Resolutions, Inc
    1921 South Alma School Road
    Suite 201, Mesa, AZ 85210

3. Check your investor presentation material, stock certificates, etc. for the company's physical address.

The Arizona Domestic address is a vacant suite and the Foreign address where the company is registered in Oregon is an old decrepit house rented to an elderly lady.

All concerned investors are encouraged to contact the Arizona Corporation Investigator and/or Attorney as noted in early posts above. We encourage the sharing of your experience on this website and to the ACC. Defamation of character claims require one to show that they have character before it can be defamed so feel free to openly share your experience with this company.

2nd of Feb, 2010

Certificate of Revocation here

Secure Resolutions is out of business but beware of ResolutionsMSP, AntiCybercrime as they are run by the same people for now until they go to jail for stealing, falsifying documents, not paying taxes, etc.

2nd of Feb, 2010

Certificate of Business Revocation by the State of Arizona

• Go
      4th of Feb, 2011

So can anyone tell me how to get Secure Resolution's "Anti-Cybercrime off my computer without a complete reload. This stuff is nothing but "Malware"

• Sr
      17th of Sep, 2012

There is too much information about Secure Resolutions, Doug
    Cottle, Kyla Cottle, and the ResolutionsMSP Scam to detail here. I have started
    a site where I will post all the details. http://ResolutionsMSP-Scam.com