Secure Gas Redemption Gift Cards / Doesn't delivered what was promised

14100 Walsingham Road Ste 36 #12Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-514-0366

This past winter I purchased tires at Big O Tires and entered into this $500 free gas redemption process. The understanding was that I send in $100 in receipts each month for 20 months and receive each month a $25 gift card to the gas station of my choice. I began submitting receipts in April 2008. I received one gift card in June 2008. I have received nothing since. Although the company is responsive to my emails, there is always an excuse why the cards haven't been mailed: they haven't received them yet, they're waiting in the mailroom, apologies for the delay, etc. I'm beginning to think this is a scam or they are just counting on people to become frustrated and quit the process. The original process was to take approximately 20 months or so to complete; at this rate, we'll be using alternative fuels before it's finished. Moral of the story: Don't make a purchase based on this "rebate" process. It seems it's not really legit.

Comments

Ja
  11th of Sep, 2008
I have also been sending in receipts since April - and I have gotten NOTHING! Someone needs to look into this company.
Be
  30th of Sep, 2008
This company is a fraud! I have been sending in receipts since June of 2008 and received NO vouchers at all! You are right! There is always an excuse! What a total waste of time!
Sa
  7th of Oct, 2008
I have been jumping through thier hoops also since March 2008 and have not seen anything from them. I am keeping a digital copy of everything I send them every month and what little email they answer. I will continue to do this. The way I look at it if enough people are getting scammed by this outfit then a class action lawsuit might happen. I bought tires from Big-O also mainly for the $500 in Freebee Gas certificates.
C
  12th of Oct, 2008
I can't believe they are still in business. There are many other blogs concerning this issue on this same site. Definitely a scam. I've been sending in receipts since last year. I received 1 card after threatening to go to the attorney general. I filed a complaint with the BBB which the company did not respond to, and finally filed with the attorney general in fl in August who stated they have received many complaints. I would advise you to contact the attorney general and file. The more complaints the better the chance to put this co out of business. I can't believe Big O continues to participate. Maybe we should file a complaint against them. They certainly know it's not valid after a year.
Jo
  18th of Oct, 2008
Yep big ripoffs I have been sending in my receipts since june of 2008 No gas card yet mailing to Florida Attorney Generals Office all correspondence so far on Monday.
Ci
  19th of Nov, 2008
We Purchased tires from Tire Kingdom in Salisbury, NC this summer. I too, have been sending in the receipts for the past two months. When it was time to submit this months receipts I decided to do some checking and found this website. I believe I will complain to Tire Kingdom as well.
Am
  9th of Jan, 2009
I think the companies handing out this freudulent information are just as guilty if not more for not doing their homework. I'm ready to blow the whistle and find a way to go after the companies who are handing these out to unsuspecting people.
Am
  9th of Jan, 2009
How does this get by a reputable company's marketing department? Really?
Ma
  29th of Jan, 2009
I purchased a car at Hasset Subaru in Wantagh, NY on September 2008 and got $500.00 free gas redemption application. I kept sending the receipts and have been receiving acknowledgement from Gasoline Redemption Center in Largo, Florida that all documents are in order and that I will be receiving my monthly $25.00 free Sunoco gas coupon. So far, I have not received anything and cannot contact them by phone. How do we stop and put these scammers in jail! They are the ### of the earth and someone has to stop them!
Sa
  6th of Feb, 2009
This is all so frustrating!!! The last $25 gift card I received was in July 08!!! I am not happy about all this! It seems so SHADY!!! The currently own me for the last 7 months!
  7th of Feb, 2009
Contact the businesses that sold you on this marketing ploy. Let them know that you are complaining with your State Attorney General's Offices.

Then, file a complaint (on-line) with your State Attorney General.

Consider complainaing to the Federal Trade Commission, too.
Federal Trade Commission on-line complaint form:

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

State of Ohio Attorney Gemneral's Office on-line cunsumer compaint form:

Florida Attorney General's Office on-line complaint form:

http://myfloridalegal.com/__85256CC5006DFCC3.nsf/0/60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5?Open&Highlight=0, consumer, complaint
Je
  9th of Feb, 2009
I have yet to send any receipts in. Mine was a Christmas gift from my husbands boss. I printed out a confirmation that the web site tells you to when you sign up. I was confused by what this stated vs. what the web site stated on how this program worked. So I decided to call them & get better answers. The phone number is not valid. I have sent them an email. But if you look at there web site now, it states that their phones lines are down, that 's why no one can get a hold of them. And they aren't receiving emails, due to their server sees them as spam mail. Sounds like a crock and I will not be sending them a thing. Crapy Christmas bonus.
Au
  13th of Feb, 2009
I too, have been totally disappointed with this program. I signed up in April '08 after purchasing a new Dodge Nitro. This was and added incentive that the dealership included with the purchase.. I did receive the first (4) $25.00 gift cards but have not received any more since Sept.08. In January I called the redemption center only to be told that there was a major crash with their computers which was being corrected and would receive the girft cards. Now when I call the phone number is no longer in service and the web site is no longer valid. I have contacted my local police dept., which instructed me to file a complaint with the Attorney General and to inform the dealearship where I purchased the auto. I am also going to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General Office and The Federal Trade Commission. If enough people complain maybe they can file a class action lawsuit.

Audrey of PA.
Up
  13th of Feb, 2009
look at bottom try calling tom gamble reginal dir for the compay
call call call

all loook heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllab3a3
Vl
  3rd of Mar, 2009
I to started with the program in April 2008. I have submitted my receipts each month and had them acknowledged. I received gift cards for April, May and June and then nothing. After several phone calls and several excuses I find the number to be disconnected and their website down. What to do! What to do!
Ke
  14th of Mar, 2009
I started to send receipts in march of 2008. I only received three gift cards. Now when you call them the number is disconnected. This whole thing is a scam.