Secure Gas Redemption Gift Cards / Doesn't delivered what was promised

1 14100 Walsingham Road Ste 36 #12Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-514-0366

This past winter I purchased tires at Big O Tires and entered into this $500 free gas redemption process. The understanding was that I send in $100 in receipts each month for 20 months and receive each month a $25 gift card to the gas station of my choice. I began submitting receipts in April 2008. I received one gift card in June 2008. I have received nothing since. Although the company is responsive to my emails, there is always an excuse why the cards haven't been mailed: they haven't received them yet, they're waiting in the mailroom, apologies for the delay, etc. I'm beginning to think this is a scam or they are just counting on people to become frustrated and quit the process. The original process was to take approximately 20 months or so to complete; at this rate, we'll be using alternative fuels before it's finished. Moral of the story: Don't make a purchase based on this "rebate" process. It seems it's not really legit.

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008

I have also been sending in receipts since April - and I have gotten NOTHING! Someone needs to look into this company.

• Be
      30th of Sep, 2008

This company is a fraud! I have been sending in receipts since June of 2008 and received NO vouchers at all! You are right! There is always an excuse! What a total waste of time!

7th of Oct, 2008

I have been jumping through thier hoops also since March 2008 and have not seen anything from them. I am keeping a digital copy of everything I send them every month and what little email they answer. I will continue to do this. The way I look at it if enough people are getting scammed by this outfit then a class action lawsuit might happen. I bought tires from Big-O also mainly for the $500 in Freebee Gas certificates.

• C
      12th of Oct, 2008

I can't believe they are still in business. There are many other blogs concerning this issue on this same site. Definitely a scam. I've been sending in receipts since last year. I received 1 card after threatening to go to the attorney general. I filed a complaint with the BBB which the company did not respond to, and finally filed with the attorney general in fl in August who stated they have received many complaints. I would advise you to contact the attorney general and file. The more complaints the better the chance to put this co out of business. I can't believe Big O continues to participate. Maybe we should file a complaint against them. They certainly know it's not valid after a year.

18th of Oct, 2008

Yep big ripoffs I have been sending in my receipts since june of 2008 No gas card yet mailing to Florida Attorney Generals Office all correspondence so far on Monday.

• Ci
      19th of Nov, 2008

We Purchased tires from Tire Kingdom in Salisbury, NC this summer. I too, have been sending in the receipts for the past two months. When it was time to submit this months receipts I decided to do some checking and found this website. I believe I will complain to Tire Kingdom as well.

• Am
      9th of Jan, 2009

I think the companies handing out this freudulent information are just as guilty if not more for not doing their homework. I'm ready to blow the whistle and find a way to go after the companies who are handing these out to unsuspecting people.

• Am
      9th of Jan, 2009

How does this get by a reputable company's marketing department? Really?

29th of Jan, 2009

I purchased a car at Hasset Subaru in Wantagh, NY on September 2008 and got $500.00 free gas redemption application. I kept sending the receipts and have been receiving acknowledgement from Gasoline Redemption Center in Largo, Florida that all documents are in order and that I will be receiving my monthly $25.00 free Sunoco gas coupon. So far, I have not received anything and cannot contact them by phone. How do we stop and put these scammers in jail! They are the ### of the earth and someone has to stop them!

6th of Feb, 2009

This is all so frustrating!!! The last $25 gift card I received was in July 08!!! I am not happy about all this! It seems so SHADY!!! The currently own me for the last 7 months!

7th of Feb, 2009

Contact the businesses that sold you on this marketing ploy. Let them know that you are complaining with your State Attorney General's Offices.

Then, file a complaint (on-line) with your State Attorney General.

Consider complainaing to the Federal Trade Commission, too.

Federal Trade Commission on-line complaint form:

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

State of Ohio Attorney Gemneral's Office on-line cunsumer compaint form:

Florida Attorney General's Office on-line complaint form:

http://myfloridalegal.com/__85256CC5006DFCC3.nsf/0/60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5?Open&Highlight=0, consumer, complaint

• Je
      9th of Feb, 2009

I have yet to send any receipts in. Mine was a Christmas gift from my husbands boss. I printed out a confirmation that the web site tells you to when you sign up. I was confused by what this stated vs. what the web site stated on how this program worked. So I decided to call them & get better answers. The phone number is not valid. I have sent them an email. But if you look at there web site now, it states that their phones lines are down, that 's why no one can get a hold of them. And they aren't receiving emails, due to their server sees them as spam mail. Sounds like a crock and I will not be sending them a thing. Crapy Christmas bonus.

• Au
      13th of Feb, 2009

I too, have been totally disappointed with this program. I signed up in April '08 after purchasing a new Dodge Nitro. This was and added incentive that the dealership included with the purchase.. I did receive the first (4) $25.00 gift cards but have not received any more since Sept.08. In January I called the redemption center only to be told that there was a major crash with their computers which was being corrected and would receive the girft cards. Now when I call the phone number is no longer in service and the web site is no longer valid. I have contacted my local police dept., which instructed me to file a complaint with the Attorney General and to inform the dealearship where I purchased the auto. I am also going to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General Office and The Federal Trade Commission. If enough people complain maybe they can file a class action lawsuit.

Audrey of PA.

• Up
      13th of Feb, 2009

look at bottom try calling tom gamble reginal dir for the compay
    call call call

all loook heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllab3a3

• Vl
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I to started with the program in April 2008. I have submitted my receipts each month and had them acknowledged. I received gift cards for April, May and June and then nothing. After several phone calls and several excuses I find the number to be disconnected and their website down. What to do! What to do!

• Ke
      14th of Mar, 2009

I started to send receipts in march of 2008. I only received three gift cards. Now when you call them the number is disconnected. This whole thing is a scam.