Section 8 Housing / No Response/Update on Application Process

Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:
I applied for Section 8 Housing on March 2007 and never got a call, mail, or anything regarding the process of the application. Around that time, I was pregnant and went to the office to make all the necessary changes such as additional family members, but never got an update or anything that would lead me to believe they were working on my case. First of all, the staff is very rude, lazy and unwilling to do their job as customer service representatives. I then tried making phonecalls and they NEVER PICK UP. Recently I visited one of the offices and waited for a long time until I was told that my case had been closed because I showed no interest and never went to my scheduled interview which was supposed to take place around 8 months ago!!! This is totally unbelievable, who applies to Section 8 and shows no interest?! If you apply is obviously because you need it. I'm currently doubled up in an appartment that is not mine with my two children (3 and 1 yr old) in one bedroom. My living conditions are so harsh I broke into tears when they said they couldn't do anything about my situation in such a cold manner. My complaint is as follows: 1. They never called me to update me on my application (which leads me to wonder what they use all the paperwork for if they are not even going to contact the applicants) 2. I NEVER RECEIVED a letter from them stating my appointment for the interview or any mail whatsoever 3. It is impossible to reach them unless one goes in person and deals with the wait and with people who do not want to do their job 4. They never take one's situation into consideration, not even when I was pregnant was I shown any sign of sympathy 5. They can never do anything about the application case even if one's situation is life threatening! 6. I never received any sort of warning about my case being closed! What kind of social service provider is this if they can never do anything for people who are really in need? Please help me. E-mail me at julissapena02@gmail.com. Your help will be honestly appreciated.
Ju

Comments

Da
  29th of Mar, 2010
Hello, my name is darrell pender i recently reported a complaint on the fraud hotline, i never got any respond back. i been leaving messages on that line for about one year now and i still having receive any respond to the complaint. There are kids living endanger of a home and some type of action needs to take place before someone get hurts. i have contacted the police for this matter and is waiting for the respond from section 8 housing. This complaint is dated 03/29/2010. You can reach me at 3053360922. Please contact me as soon as possible!