Section 8 / Not doing there Job

Section 8 never pick up their phones and if they do they say to wait leave you waiting and hang up.when you get thru if you do they treat you nasty foul loud language and then hang the phone, section 8 trats their clients like they garbage.and thats the honest truth.

Comments

• Li
      22nd of Apr, 2009

First of all you should be more educated and not judge others.
    and yes I do agree that most section 8 are garbage and NO I'm not getting a free ride I pay rent money and section 8 does not pay all of it so educated yourself before pointing fingers.
    section 8 is the biggest piece of S#&* there is.
    is just a name SECTION 8 who doesn't care about their clients who many are DECENT people.I live in a building section 8, full of trouble makers whom even the Landlord is scare of these people.playing loud music at all times, trowing their garbage and dog waste to other tenants balconies, harrasing and assaulting the disabled and this people you go to section 8 to report them and section 8 does not want to hear this.
    Many of section 8 tenants are garbage but also the whole section 8 is a big pile of garbage and NO I'm not getting a free ride but rather suffering in this hell hole building waiting for my lease to expired.

• Ly
      4th of Jun, 2018

@lisa You made no sense True love said they treat them like Garbage not they are so how do they need to judge. You aint even address the issue, no one cares whether you pay or not, why you responding if it aint to the question.

• Ok
      31st of Jul, 2009

Well you call most Section 8 ppl. garbage and spoke of free ride.well I say section 8 sucks and yes I complained and many do also.And you did call most section 8 FOLKS garbage OK.I'm not GARBAGE just a simple person that cannot afford to pay the whole RENT.You are Lucky maybe living like a rich person and you don't need the section 8, So before calling many Section 8 ppl.Garbage judge yourself first, Oh I forgot only GOD can Judge you are nobody to talk about section 8 Because you sure don't know how this system work. your comments sucks just like you.
    CIAO

• Te
      27th of Aug, 2009

this is one senseless and at the least, ignorant, argument i have heard in a long while. there should be no one judging anybody because of their financial situation. thats so tacky and childish. secondly, i dont give a damn if its a free service that is being offered. it doesnt give them the right of way to treat people like crap. what these workers fail to remember is, they personally are not the ones that are offering the free service. the city is! im sure they dont get paid any more or less for being an ###. their are alot of tax paying people on gov programs so cut it out with all of the foolishness about your tax paying dollars paying for someone to get a so called "free ride". lets hope life has mercy on u and youll never become "garbage" as you so eloquently put it. i prey u never need help, cause if you ever do, i would love to be there to make you eat your words.

• St
      27th of Aug, 2009

Forget the name section 8. We can be poor but we dont have to make problems in a neighborhood that has been used by long time residents.Section 8 does not check the homes and children of their applicants.The home should be checked monthly along with the progress of the children in their care.

• Fu
      30th of Aug, 2009

twitter u just SUCK, plain and simple SUCK.
    go eat clams out of season and tell ur parole officer u r just a sucker for SOCIETY.woo-hoo
    Now If I'm garbage u are the Bag that eats all the Garbage hahahahahahaha.

• Ca
      29th of Jul, 2017

@FUB I had anscpeaion thursday. And failed cuz of roahes that i been doing my best to get rid of them i even showed. Proof and he didnt care i was so upset. And still is i worked so hard geting my house in order. And didnt mater. And he was so in a bad mood and took, it out on me. Sham on him

• Wr
      4th of Sep, 2009

As a former long time employee of AT&T and Lucent Technologies I myself am current recipient of Section 8.

Some workers I have had at Section 8 are demeaning and rude, often times having the mindset that I am uneducated and that it is okay to devalue me and attempt to make me feel less than I am simply because I am a Section 8 recipient. Thank goodness that I know who I am as a person, because often times, people makes assumptions that are invalid.

Some of the expletives seen in the above posts are exactly what many people feel whether they be true or false. Also, many assumptions made about some recipients could also be said about individuals who live in an affluent neighborhooda in a private house, co-op or even a condominium, but because of laws and by laws in place, such behavior would not be tolerated. The same could be found in any environment.

For me Section 8 is a bridge and I am currently walking towards ending my relationship with Section 8 and using all of the horrible negative discriminatory experiences as well as the good experiences I have encountered to change me for the better. I am single with no dependants and my heavily taxed dollars have helped many people and I am glad I could be of assistance, and I did not pick and choose the recipients. If people are helped, I'm very happy to able to do so, as long as the recipients dont have to go through what I have had to encounter in order to get the help that they truly may need. I want to give with a "Servants Heart", I just dont want to be treated as the Government is my Master and that I have never contributed anything for the good of anyone, because that would be absolutely false.

• Ed
      15th of Sep, 2009

Way to go Twitter -

I agree. I am sickend going to work everday so my neighbor can live rent free in a $2500.00 a month home while I go to work and pay taxes for her "free ride".

• Un
      26th of Oct, 2009

I am not a receiver of section 8, but I do not beleive a program represents who you are. There are section 8 homes in suburban areas. Very Beautiful, that you would not know the residents receive section 8.

Every person in the world dictates their own lifestyle. Just because you live in a jungle does not mean that you act like Tarzan.

Remeber, Doctors, Lawyers, Rappers, Singers, Poets, Teachers, Presidents, etc, come from these section 8 houses.

So that very small ratio that you are talking about does not always come out of the projects. Their are people (trouble makers) that live in well established neighborhoods, that are killing one another. Drugs and Alchol play an important element in this factor.

So both of you stop arguing back and forth it is pointless and the rocks that you are getting off is not benefiting anyone.

If you don't want to keep paying taxes to help support the homeless or the lazy. Then offer your services. Maybe in financial counseling, work forces, educational resources, etc.

Offer her a job that would make her sufficent enough to pay her own rent. Offer opportunities that can help her through her struggle. Instead of playing on her intellectual level and making yourself look like the educated, well rounded person of a unstabalized society.

Life is short and everyone needs a second chance. I hope you both can come to a mutual understanding. I take both of your comments into consideration.

Good Luck!

• Aw
      24th of Nov, 2009

IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MESS THE WORLD UP WITH ALL YOUR SO CALL JOKES. IT'S A BIG CIRCLE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES BACK AROUND.ALL THAT TAX STUFF THE GOVERMENT IS GETTING OVER ON US ANYWAY YOU GET TAXES TAKING OUT OF TAXES MEANING HARD AS SOMEBODY WORK AT THE END OF THE YEAR WHEN YOU WORKED HARD THREW THAT YEAR THEY STILL TAKE TAXES OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR FROM BUT WHERE IAM FROM ITS A TRAP THEY PUT A SIGN UP IN THE LOW INCOME NEGHBORHOOD AND START DOING SATAN WORK INSTEAD OF GOD'S WORK YOU CAN HAVE A NICE HOUSE NICE YARD FOR YOUR KIDS BUT WILL BE FAR OUT FROM YOUR LOVED ONES AND EVERYBODY WHO CARES CAUSE THE GOVERMENT DON'T IAM BE MORE PACIFIC IAM AFICIAN AMERICAN WE LIVE IN THE CITY PART THE GOVERMENT WANT US (MEANING) AFICIAN AMERICAN TO MOVE OUT FAR FROM THE JOBS SO THAT THE WHITE PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL FAR TO GO TO WORK IN OTHER WORDS WE LIVE WHERE THEY WORK SO PUT US OUT FAR CAUSE WE BEEN BRAIN WASH BY THE GOVERMENT FOR SO LONG AND BEEN TOLD WE ANIT ### IT FELL EXCITING TO A LOW INCOME PERSON TO HAVE A NICE HOUSE BUT NO JOB IT DONE GOT SO BAD POLICE IS PUTTING GUNS IN THE STREET THEMSELFS TO GIVE PEOPLE CASES SO THEY CAN'T GET A JOB OR TO MAKE MONEY THAT THEY DONE LOSS STEALING IT FOR THEMSELFS ARE GOVERNOR ROBBED US FOR ARE MONEY WENT TO JAIL FOR A YEAR NOW BACK OUT AND HE IS STILL GOT A POSTION IN THE OFFICE SO HELL YEAH THEY OWE US SOMETHING IF IT IS PAYING ARE RENT (ETC)...AND YEAH SOME ARE JERKS I KNOW A LADY THAT 'S ON SECTION 8 GOT BURNT OUT HER HOUSE WITH 7 KIDS AND NOW HOMELESS CAUSE THEIR NEVER IN THE OFFICE TO ANSWER THE SHE WENT TO THE OFFICE THE WHOLE MONTH HER WORKER WASN'T NEVER THEREBUT SHE IS ON THE PAYROLL SO I WOUNDER WHO IS HER BOSS AND HOW DO YOU APPLY FOR THAT JOB IF YOU CAN SIT HOME WHILE YOU HAVE WORK THAT HAVE TO GET DONE SEND ME AN APP.

30th of Mar, 2010

Well get a load of this. I am a disabled person living across the street from two households that are on secton 8. Because I am home a lot, they assumed that I must be on section 8 as well. However, after some time I started attending school and started back working part-time. Ever since then the section 8ers have been pretending to work. Now somehow they all go to work at the same time I do. And the whole idea is to "pretend" to work rather than actually getting a job. Someone may say that they might have a job and how do I know? Well, it was only after the lady saw what time I went to work that she started leaving at that time of morning, before that she "went" to work at a different time. Also, her grown children stay at home lounging all day while she plays the hardworking single mother role.

More they make noises all day and night to disturb my rest, and somehow even on the days that she's supposedly at work someone is still making these noises all day long. Come to find out the two households are working together. They'd rather pretend to work and harass others rather than get a real job.

I had never been in contact with section 8 but the downturn in the economy it has reached the suburbs where I live. I have nothing against anyone needing a second chance. I've been sick since I was 23, and without betraying knowledge of how old I am, I have always at least tried to work part time even with a neurological disorder. SOME of these people are trash that don't want anything out of life and only want to pull others down into their muck.

I am very perturbed as a single disabled mother to now have to deal with this riff-raff.

26th of Jul, 2010

I think Twitter must have got rejected when it applied for sec 8!! Super ignorant! I know Twitter is WHITE!! Has know idea the struggles us black folk have been through...Twitter said it best...they would hire a person with a neurological disorder over a smart educated black person...GOD I hope our president makes those changes sooner than later!!! Keep your head up Teilah.

• We
      6th of Aug, 2010

Its a shame that people don't understand that they are on welfare just like section 8 people, when you get hurt you get workers compensation WELFARE, when you get old you get social security WELFARE when fema helps anyone its WELFARE when you need help with your mortgage WELFARE. Section 8 is just a cheaper form of welfare but before you judge welfare you better remember you will need WELFARE YOURSELVES ONE DAY!!!

• Mi
      26th of Aug, 2010

This whole thread is full of ignorance.
    I am a 29 year old smart, caring, beautiful mom of 2 children.
    I also work full time, but fell in love with the wrong guy at 17, and had my son. Then tried a second time at 26 and had my daughter. Thats right, my kids are very far apart in age.
    So I am not a "Overweight leach of tax dollars who wont quit having kids".
    As I only recieve child support for one of my children, its hard to make ends meet by myself.
    I am on section 8, and have a beautiful home that I PAY rent for, based on my income.
    I keep a SPOTLESS, let me say it one more time... SPOTLESS house, as I cant think with a messy home. And anyone who has kids knows that it is chaotic with them alone, letalone a messy house on top of it.
    I am also sick of the comments of "my tax dollars paying for THEIR free ride". I am not getting a FREE RIDE, nor am I even on welfare! Welfare is when the Government GIVES you cash. I recieve no cash, I get help with my rent, money that I never see.
    Also, to the disabled jerk who thinks that she is better then the sec. 8 people who live next door... give me a break. Your getting some form of government money yourself if you are disabled. And even being "disabled" has a stigma. Lazy, uses a sickness/disease to not have to work.
    So, hopefully you can realize, that the single moms you are critisizing are the SAME cute girls you are asking out on dates. Or your sister, or your cousin, or your childs mom. So think twice before you think its all "troublemakers, and leaches".

• Ea
      17th of Nov, 2010

After reading all of the posts...it looks like some of these people could have been out putting in applications for a job. Even though half f the can spell for [censor]. Section 8, Welfare or what ever "label" you want to put on it...is a helping hand for some and a "free ride" for others. I have always worked and paid my own way. The economy being what it is today I'm sure that more and more people are finding themselves applying for assistance. I have no problem with that at all. But then there is a much larger group and class of people that have no intention of ever getting out on their own and their offspring end up doing the same. LAZY. There are those that not only get section 8, but a check, medical assistance, food stamps, daycare, and other things that working people can't even afford without working 2 or more jobs. That ol' "single parent" [censor] really needs to be put to rest. I have worked 2 jobs when my son was small just to provide. Who cares about what [censor] you decided to "hook-up" with or marry. That shouldn't be societys problem. But some have made it our problem. To many people that could work are just to damned lazy. For those that have found themselves in desperate times, they have most likely worked all their lives. Now, they need alittle help. I have no problem with them as they will be happy to get back to work as soon as possible as they can't live the live they'd like with just public assistance. I only happened on this site trying to find how to file a complain against someone collecting welfare, including section 8 that doesn't think it's necessary to report $3, 000.00 as income. [censor]! It is income. There are people out there that abuse and EXPECT others to pay their way forever!

• Be
      14th of Feb, 2011

THIS IS VERY SAD THAT THE HUMAN RACE CAN BE SO UNEDUCATED ABOUT PROGRAMS AND PEOPLE.ITS ASHAME THAT U CAN JUDGE ONE ANOTHER.EVERYONE SHOULD MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, ABOUT WHAT THE NEXT HOUSEHOLD IS DOING.AS LONG AS THEY ARENT KILLING THEIR PARENTS OR HUSBAND, WIFE OR THEIR CHIDREN.ITS SO SAD THAT PEOPLE CAN SAY BAD THINGS FROM THEIR MOUTH BUT WHAT HAVE U DONE LATELY TO MAKE THINGS POSITIVE, LIKE GETTING IN INVOLVED IN YOUR COMMUNITY SO THE NEXT CHILD DONT TURN DEAD, PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN SURROUNDING.EVERYONE ON THESE PROGRAMS DONT SIT AROUND THE HOUSE, ALOT ARE IN SCHOOL OR WORKING TO SUPPORT THRIE FAMILY.THE PROGRAM IS TO HELP SOMEONE THATS LESS FORTUNATE DO TO MISTAKES IN THEIR LIFE OR SOMETHING THEY WENT THROUGH IN LIFE, JUST LIKE A ALCOHOLIC OR A DRUG USER, PEOLE ALL IM SAYING PLEASE DONT BE QUIT TO JUDGE ANYONE, BECAUSE U NEVER KNOW IT CAN BE U OR FAMILY MEMBER GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING.NO ONE IS GOD SO BECAREFUL WHAT U SAY OUT YOUR MOUTH ESPECIALLY THE ONE THAT THINK THEY ARE ON A HIGH HORSE AND NOTHING CAN KNOCK THEM DOWN.EVERYONE NEEDS SOME KIND OF ASSISTANCE, IT CAN BE COLLEGE STUDENT LOANS, MORTGAGE LOANS, MONEY LOANS ETC.IN LIFE U NEVER KNOW WHAT TURN U MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE.

• Ka
      5th of Mar, 2011

I agree that this is just another thing they made up to distract us from the main focus ! they (section8) are not worried about the tenants nor non-tenants that are being affected by them not doing there jobs right ! we all are just another person complaining to them . when they need to really hear us ! and do something about it . Instead they like the violence people result to or some destroy there property not realizing that it is not even there property, and there making it hard for the ones that are very grateful and keep there homes clean and there surroundings clean they represent them in a positive way but that is when the violence starts because people start feeling like it does not pay to do right and pay your bills and live in peace .WE HAVE TO SETTLE FOR LESS TO GET THE HELP !!! AND I AM ONE OF THEM THAT PAYS ALL OF MY RENT EXCEPT FIFTY DOLLARS !!! AND I PAY MY TAXES TOO SO I AM PAYING THAT PORTION TO WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE HUH!!!

• Af
      19th of Mar, 2011

Twitter, you rock! I agree with every word you said! I found this site wanting to learn more about Section 8 as I just discovered that a home across the street from me in the next neighborhood over is Section 8. I live in the suburbs and though I'm not surprised that some homes in my 40 year old neighborhood had be become Section 8 housing over the years, I am surprised that the neighborhood next to mine also have Section 8 housing as it's only 15 years old and much more modern than my neighborhood. Why do I care that I found out that this house was Section 8? Probably because gun fire has errupted 2 different times over their over the past couple of weeks right in between two different homes with families with young kids both of which do contribute positively to our society and hold full time jobs and are liked by their neighbors. I've lived in my neighboorhood for 32 years and I've seen a lot of changes and a lot of crap over the years. Funny think is, every time the cops are called, violence errupts, meth labs or growing operations are busted with swat teams and now gun fire errupts, yup you guessed it, it's almost always the section 8 homes where these activities takes place. I know there are always exceptions to every rule, and i know that some of you are not abusing the system but for once I wish those who defend themselves who are upstanding citizens could admit that the mojority of the people in section 8 are those who stir up trouble.

• Dm
      25th of Jun, 2011

We live in a quiet nice neighborhood and have a section 8 house across the steet. these people have been here for about 6 months and they are destroying our neighborhood. Every single house on our street keeps yard in good shape and respects everyones property. These people keep trash and junk all over their yard and play loud music all night long. They dont work and i know they sell and do drugs. I just think its people like this that are making a bad name for those others that do need the help and are trying to make it in life. We call the cops on them all the time, hopefully it will get bad enough where they move out. All i want is for them to keep their ### clean and keep the noise down, especially at night when those who do work for a living are trying to sleep.

• Pa
      23rd of Sep, 2011

Every section 8 piece of trash on our street owns at least three cars or a brand new cadillac, if you cant afford your rent move but every penny you take, handout nation, is a penny us hard working people have to pay for your ### to live, [censored] you LOSERS!!!

• Ea
      24th of Sep, 2011

Dear Pathetic World ... I 100 percent agree with you. I complain constantly about the leaches of the world. I don't have a problem helping people in need...but not for a lifetime, nor while they churn out kid after kid, and those kids grow up thinking it's OK too...and round and round we go. I have always worked. I make good money. I live check to almost check. My rent and bills (utilities and car payment) then buy food with whats left. I have no credit card debt. So it really does erk me when I see some getting everything handed to them on a silver platter. All they have to do is keep having kids and the freebees just keep rollin in. but you know what...at least we appreciate what we have because we have earned it. Best of luck to you.