Second to None, Inc.scam; fraud

C Review updated:

This was a very polished presentation purporting to raise money for at risk teens through the sale of magazine subscriptions. The salesperson--self described as a beneficiary of the program, represented that the organization was a 501 (c) (3) and that the price in excess of the value of the magazine was tax deductible. I paid $75.00 for a subscription which never arrived. The company does not have a 501(c) (3).

This is an organized racketeering company, pure and simple. take down the name and address of the salesperson, have him sign a statement confirming his representation that it is a 501 (c) (3); get the name and address of his supervisor and do report it to your Attorney General's Office and to the IRS.

Comments

• B
      Oct 31, 2009

Yup! We are in Silver Spring, MD. I don't usually give these people the time of day, but I got caught off-guard when I was sick. Got suckered into buying 2 mag subscriptions for $110. That was 2months ago, was promised the first issues within 7-10 business days. These guys need to be stopped! They make it next to impossible for those who are truly in need or at risk to get assistance cause we start to think everything is a scam!

Wish I would have known about these guys sooner. I'm mad that I'm out that money and madder still that I believed him. Now I don't want to open my door to anybody!