Second Home / Stay away from them

1 Apopka, FL, United States Review updated:

I guess you get what you pay for! It's sad though this store offers a wonderful service to the public they just don't have what it takes to make it work!! In this store first time home owners can get all kinds of things cheap..they are supopose to be refurbished and in working order..they do offer a guarantee..sadly the items break down the day after the guarantee runs out..we have bought a washer that worked until the day after the guarantee ran out..now it stops on certains cycles and the only way to get it started again is to beat it across the top..so far the dryer works fine..we also bought a stove..well two, the first died a month after we bought it..sparks began to fly so I like a ### went back and bought a second stove..this one worked until the guarantee was up..now when I turn it on it smokes and stinks up the whole house it has been cleaned..so it's now a decoration in our kitchen until I can afford another one..last but not least our microwave, again it stopped working when the warranty expired..so we got rid of it and am now using our Friends who also got hers through second home..it also doesn't work right, but it works better then ours did..sadly second home wont see us again as customers for appliances maybe sheets and pillowcases, but that's a stretch my wife is soo angry she refuses to step foot inside that store again..Buyers beware stay out of Second Home you're better off renting to own just stay away from Aarons..

Va

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Aug, 2012

Be advised that the Second Home store acquires its inventory through donations. The staff has no way of knowing the items history or functionality other than what the person that donated it tells them. That is why they offer a guarantee. When you are buying a used item, there is probably a reason the previous owner got rid of it. If you had bought it directly from the previous owner you would have no guarantee at all. As your own opening line of your review states - you get what you pay for. If you are buying inexpensive used equipment you are buying at your own risk. Lighten up, they are raising money to help people.