Seatwave.com / ticket scam

United States Review updated:

I recently bought a ticket from www.seatwave.com that claims to be an online ticket sharing website for fans to be able to sell on tickets for events that they 'can no longer go to' etc. Anyways, I bought a ticket for an AC Milan football match recently for £50 - when i picked it up, it had the price printed on it and it was worth £10!!! I would like to hear form anyone else who has had dealings with these people as i believe it to be a total scam and that they are conning people out of money!
DON'T BUY FROM THEM WHATEVER U DO!

also, it said 'only 45 remaining!' of course i was sceptical - but i bought it anyway, it said only 45 remaining for the next week :S suspicious?!!

Do

Comments

• Ab
      Jun 10, 2009

you are a frickin [censored].. seatwave is a peer to peer selling site.. which means people can mark up prices and sell at £50 even if the actual price is £10.

People like you need to be slapped

• Sy
      Dec 04, 2009

abhijitgupta there is no need to be so rude! People are entitled to their opionions! Seatwave, as well as other similar sites like Viagogo and getmein, are more or less touting websites and I don't believe that most of the tickets for sale on these sites are genuine 'fan to fan ticket exchanges' like the tag lines so often say. I don't believe they are scam sites, but I also don't think they are entirely ethical. How else is it possible that tickets for a popular gig can sell out in minutes on the official websites like ticket master, then an hour later you can get as many tickets as you want for same gig on Seatwave but you have to pay 5 times the price? These are not 'fans' selling tickets because they cannot go, just people trying to exploit fans to make money. It is highly unlikely that people will buy a ticket then decide half an hour later they cannot go. Personally I avoid these sites like the plague - I would rather not go to a gig than line the pockets of people who are just trying to exploit me!

• Gl
      Jul 01, 2011
    Seatwave.com - diabolical
    www.seatwave.com

**DO NOT USE THIS SERVIVE!!!**
    They tried to cancel our exchange for Foo Fighters Milton Keynes at the very last minute claiming that we had cancelled it when we had done no such thing. In fact we had already couriered the tickets by UPS to seatwave. By the time we realised what they were trying to do we had 50 minutes to dash across London to get hold of OUR tickets before it was too late to sell them to a friend. We had a legitimate reason not to go as my wife has had to have major spinal surgery. They tried to put every obstacle in our way. The staff were rude, ill informed and nearly cost us 130.00!
    ***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE POLICY OF MANY TICKET COMPANIES NOW IS TO SEND TICKETS OUT VERY CLOSE TO THE EVENT TO AVOID TOUTING AND THIS MAKES SELLING YOUR TICKETS ON SEATWAVE A VERY DANGEROUS UNDERTAKING AND WILL CARRY A VERY HIGH RISK OF ENDING UP WITH NOTHING. BETTER TO EITHER TRY AND SELL TO A FRIEND OR PAY ANY CANCELLATION PENALTIES THAN USE THIS DREADFUL SERVICE. IF YOU COME UP AGAINST A TIGHT DEADLINE THIS COMPANY WILL NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP YOU. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!*****

• Ba
      Mar 22, 2014

SEAT WAVE IS SCAM COMPANY-THEY LIE AND LIE AND LIE AGAIN-THEY JUST COST ME $4600 WHEN THEY DIDNT DELIVER SEATS ORDERED MONTHS AGO

Executive,

Tickets you had to fill my order today and many others in days previous View listedView sold
    Ticket TypeSoldQtyPrice
    • PistaToday1£464.89
    • Nivel 100 - Block 117Today1£179.46
    • Nivel 100 - Block 11719/03/20142£150.47
    • Pista19/03/20141£419.70
    • Nivel 100 - Block 12118/03/20142£272.00

When a seller signs up to sell –they sign up credit card to honour the deal. (Your Rules and Regulations)
    All other sites such as viagogo-stubhub-eimarketplace-ticketnetwork-razorgator and more---all of which I sell on and buy on in decent volumes as large seller.
    For many years – this is my 40th year in business and never have been treated like this EVER. And I have represented some of the biggest artists in the world in an Official capacity.
    I bought tickets for a Radio Station promotion moNths ago .
    You state on your website
    We make sure buying and selling tickets on seatwave is safe and easy. Our TicketIntegrity™ promise guarantees that buyers receive exactly the tickets they paid for and sellers (that's you) get paid on time. We ask you for card details in order to honour your part of this promise.

We ordered tickets months ago- your agents told me that they would supply by the 19th---- on the 21ST I was advised that by 4 pm that day if the seller didn’t supply tix that you would source out – you had tickets on your site at that time and could have filled the order. I advised you pista or stands would work and 2 pairs would work also
    Then on the 22nd u send me email stating sorry but cannot fill order… ??? forcing me to buy and pay $4600 to fill my order-including buying a ga on your site(which you charged me a fee to buy and I still have not received the etix)I have all the receipts from viagogo.
    The seller should have been penalized as other sites do-I was the only one penalized here- and my clients.
    If you don’t compensate me reasonably i will document all the facts and seek legal advice and proceed forthwidth against your company
    I look forward to a quick fair compensation.
    You never provided me the tix-nor the service - nor was it safe or easy.

It wasted many hours of my time and your competition Viagogo filled the orders at a huge cost to me.
    You never tried the best to get tickets for me as you falsey stated below.I GOT LOST IN THE SYSTEM AND YOU FOUND IT MORE CONVENIENT TO SLUFF ME OFF AND THROW ME UNDER THE BUS.
    IT IS NOT LIKE I DIDN’T TRY TO CONTACT YOU ----THERE WERE DAYS INBETWEEN YOUR CONTACT WITH ME AND I HAVE BEEN REASONABLE AND PAID FOR MY TICKETS MONTHS AGO!!!
    There were lots of tickets on your site available – you left me in the dust and ignored me.
    You had tickets on your site from 4 pm on on the 19th
    YOU SAY BELOW THE SELLER WILL BE BLACKLISTED – WHAT A JOKE- ANYONE CAN SIGNUP A NEW ACCOUNT OR MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS.
    IF I HAD DONE THIS I WOULD EXPECT A CHARGE AND CONSEQUENSES AND I WOULDN’T FLINCH-BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT THE CLIENT ALWAYS.
    IN THIS CASE YOU PROTECTED YOURSELVES AND THE SELLER – TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICE FROM ALL LEVELS.
    THIS WILL NOT BE THE END OF THIS SITUATION BY A LONG SHOT.
    YOUR EXECUTIVE NEEDS TO REVIEW THE WHOLE SCENARIO AND YOUR STAFF AND YOUR POLICIES AND YOUR BLATANT LIES.

Below is your email to me this morning:

Silviya (Seatwave Help)
    Mar 22 15:12
    Dear Bob,
    Thank you very much for your e-mail and apologize for not getting back to you earlier.
    Unfortunately, we need to be the bearer of the bad news. The seller informed us that they cannot provide the tickets you have purchased for the clients for the show on Monday.
    We have tried to source tickets for your clients, however, there are no available tickets listed on our website which we can source. In the case, please be advised that a full refund will be issued and you will receive the total purchase amount into the card used to purchase the tickets.
    I know that this is probably not the best experience you have had, however, I want to assure you that we really did our best to find tickets, however we can use the sources of the seller who work with us and the tickets listed on our website. The seller who failed to provide you with the tickets for the concert would be blacklisted and they would not be able to sell any more tickets on Seatwave website so they cannot disappoint any more customers of our company.
    Once again, on the behalf of Seatwave, please accept my apologize for this inconvenient situation.
    If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Kind Regards,
    Silviya I Customer Services Agent | seatwave.com I Please consider the environment before you print this email.

seatwave customer support (Seatwave Help)
    Mar 21 11:44
    Thanks for your email.
    Please excuse us for the delay in resolving this matter.
    We are waiting for the seller to provide us with the tracking number for the delivery. If we don't have the tracking number by 1600hrs CET today we will source replacement tickets for your customers. Once there is an update I will advise you immediately.
    Kind regards,
    Victor Fikovski | Customer Services Agent | seatwave.com
    P Please consider
    the environment before you print this email.

THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE TICKETS IN MY HAND AS PER YOUR DELIVERY DATE---LOTS OF TICKETS AVAILABLE ON YOUR SITE

seatwave customer support (Seatwave Help)
    Mar 19 11:32
    Thanks for your email.
    I have just spoken with the seller. They promised to provide me with a dispatch update tomorrow.
    Kind regards,
    Victor Fikovski | Customer Services Agent | seatwave.com
    P Please consider
    the environment before you print this email.

lies lies and more lies---never buy from seat wave- VIAGOGO LUCKILY HAD SEATS AND EVENTHOUGH IT COST ME THOUSANDS MORE THAN MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE- I KEPT A CLIENT----NO HELP FROM SEAT WAVE-JUST LIESLIESLIES

• He
      May 04, 2015

Same misery overhere...
    We flew to Madrid a month ago for a Real Madrid match, on arrival: NO TICKETS, so... NO GAME !!
    They're just a BIG SCAM !
    Been mailing for weeks with Victor Fikovski now, but all there is are just EMPTY PROMISES.
    Still waiting for a refund. It's all their fault... and the cost for the 4-days journey and hotel: for us !!

All we had is just a long-weekend with lots of stress, big spendings and no match/fun at all.

• Na
      Aug 21, 2018
    Seatwave - Tickets purchased for Andrea Bocelli for the 05/05/201£
    Levallois Perret
    France

I purchased 3 tickets for Andrea Bocelli concert on the 05/05/2018 and the seller is rescheduling for the 09/01/2019 !
    I am asking for my money back but it seems very complicated
    My references numbers are 2051305-2051401
    Can you please help us in getting a full refund ?
    My mail is [protected]@live.com

Much obliged
    Best regards

• Sh
      Sep 01, 2018
    Seatwave - e-tickets still not upload by the seller
    United Kingdom

i bought 2 tickets yesterdy 5/1/18 to laidy gaga show in barcelona on 14/1/18, in a week!! order number 2022163. total 133.73$ (dollars). when will i recived them??? do you charge my credit before or after i got my tickets??

• Id
      Sep 19, 2018
    Seatwave - tickets
    seatwave.com

I purchased tickets to see Real Madrid on August 27th. The seats I purchased were supposed to be in the 1st viewing tier. Instead I received seats in the last row of the stadium. I attempted to contact the company on 3 different occasions and never received a response. Worst business I have ever dealt with.

• Am
      Nov 14, 2018
    Seatwave - drake tickets
    Uk
    United Kingdom

I bought 2 tickets to see Drake for block 215. I spent almost £300 on these tickets for a good seat but when they arrived they are for block 212 with limited views. I have the confirmation of my booking and it clearly states block 215!!! Please help

I am so frustrated and have tried to contact somebody about this but havent got anywhere.

Nov 14, 2018
    Seatwave - bought 2 tickets for £201, when they came ticket face value £27.50, most expensive tickets direct £77
    United Kingdom

Don't mind paying extra to buy tickets but when I paid £201 to go to the spanish horse show at barclays arena birmingham, and the face value of them is only £27.50, i've tried getting hold of them and you can't email them and when you phone they keep saying line is busy, how convenient!! I want my money back!