SeattleCoffeeDirect.com / BEWARE OF ONLINE SCAM

1 990 Grove StreetEvanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-217-2233

4/2/09

Just a follow up warning to all those who have been victims of unauthorized charges...I just wanted to share with everyone the other names SeattleCoffeeDirect.com uses to charge our credit and debit cards. These are the following names they used to charge my debit card:
Metro Coffee Roast, Bellezza Coffee, CoffeeRoastersDirect.com, and SeattleCoffeeDirect.com. Also I did make a complaint to the Illinois better business bureau on 4/1/09. The website address for complaints is: www.chicago.bbb.org and email is: info@chicago.bbb.org. Phone [protected] and Fax: [protected].

If anyone is interested in SeattleCoffeeDirect's address it is: SeattleCoffeeDirect, 990 Grove Street, Suite 204, Evanston, IL 60201 and customer service is [protected] from 10am-6pm Monday through Friday.

I hope that everyone on here will make a complaint to the BBB of Illinois about these SCAM ARTISTS!

4/1/09
This company is the biggest scam ever! I ordered a free trial offer that wasn't really free! It first cost me $25 for 2 mugs, 2 travel mugs, and one bag of coffee, which wasn't a bad deal. The scam was that the company IMMEDIATELY started CHARGING me for shipments of coffee every 2-3 days, charging my credit card $38.95 three times in six days! I called immediately and told them that I didn't order all that coffee and I wanted the charges credited right away. I still have NOT received my credit of $116.85! Everytime I call, which has been MULTIPLE times, I am told "It takes 10-14 days to receive a credit." And, not one person I have talked to had an EXPLANATION why they were CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MULTIPLE TIMES! Well, it didn't take 10-14 days for them to receive the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM ME! I didn't order their products then decided that I didn't want them! THEY JUST CHARGED MY CARD 3 TIMES FOR COFFEE I THAT I DID NOT ORDER! I called again tonight and left a message on their machine again! They NEVER call back. So, I will call in the morning again! BEWARE OF SEATTLECOFFEEDIRECT.COM, THEY ARE HUGE SCAM ARTISTS. They should NOT be allowed to do business!

Comments

• Va
      22nd of May, 2008
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com - Overcharged!
    990 West Grove
    Phone: 888-217-cafe
    www.SeattleCoffeeDirect.com

I ordered two bags of coffee from them and they sent it to me and then charged me accordingly, but after that with no written notice they charged me 48.95 i called them and they said that when i ordered the first two bags i joined a membership. I did not want a membership and canceled it on the phone they said they would return my money when i returned two more bags of coffee that they never sent me but eventually did. After i canceled the membership and am currently in the process of returning the two more bags of coffee they charged me again 48.95 and no coffee and after canceling any other shipments.

29th of May, 2008
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com - Ripoff artists
    Seattle Coffee Direct
    990 West Grove
    Phone: 888-217-2233
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

On their website they offered two ceramic mugs two travel mugs and two bags of coffee for five dollars. One week later I received two bags of coffee and was billed 48.95 off my debit card totally unauthorized. When I called the company to cancell the order they told me they billed me 25.00 for the first order and 48.95 for the second order.I sent the second order back! Consumers beware, this company is a ripoff! They illigally charge your account.Also if you do return the items for a refund send them back to Seattle Coffee Direct 5603 W. Howard St. Niles Ill. 60714. Not the adress thats on the package they send the coffee in! Ive reported them to the Better Business Bureau and filed a police report. This company is a scam! Stay away from them at all costs!

• Li
      4th of Jun, 2008

they sent me bags and bags of coffee i never ordered.they better not charge me!!!

• Ol
      10th of Jul, 2008

I was billed $48.95 for coffee on July 1st and again on July 8th. I wish to cancel all shipments and a refund of the extra $48.95 I was billed eroneously. I only ordered coffee once and I have not received but the one order. If I am charged anymore I will be forced to charge Seattle Coffee with credit card fraud.

Olen Domon

• Ki
      14th of Jul, 2008

The same thing happened to me that I've been reading about now, unauthorized charging and sending coffee after I ordered the initial $25 package. I noticed it on my bank statement, on 7/07 $48.95 and again on 7/13 $48.95...I haven't even had time to decide that I like it or to use it, and I never agreed to a membership!!!

• Bf
      15th of Jul, 2008

I just got off the phone with my bank I put in a dispute on coffee charges I have not recieved any coffee call your bank dipute the charges and get your money back.

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2008

This very thing happened to me as well!! I ordered two bags and they kept sending more and more at the price of $48.95 a bag taken directly out of my bank account. When I called them and told them to stop sending coffee, they told me to simple return the product and I would be reimbursed my money. MANY months later I have yet to see my money!! I did not sign up for any membership! This company is a ripoff!!!

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2008

I would like to know if anyone actually got a resolution and thier money back??

• Je
      4th of Nov, 2008

Dear Mark,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably discontinue service and provide return shipping information. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    jberman@seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Br
      4th of Nov, 2008

I signed up for this as well. It does state that you are signing up for a membership but that it is monthly:
    "Each month, you will receive your two monthly selections."
    qualified with the following
    "Monthly shipments are an estimate. They may be more or less frequent."

I was out of town for about two months and was irritated to find I had received (and been charged for) 8 shipments. I just got off the phone with customer service and they were polite enough, offering to refund any shipments I had not opened - which I plan to take advantage of.

Honestly I would have kept the membership if it had been monthly, but regardless of whether this was intentional or a mistake - it's simply too expensive at a weekly rate.

• Je
      13th of Nov, 2008

Dear Tomhas,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Seattle Coffee Direct. Please call 888-217-CAFE to ensure your account has been canceled. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Jeff Berman

Seattle Coffee Direct
    990 Grove street 60201
    Phone: 18882172233
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com

Yes, I ordered coffee one (1) time from them. I wasn't happy with the choices of coffee. They continued to send the same coffee as a token of thanks. Now I find my credit card being charged $38.00 for two bags of coffee that I did not order, not once but twice. It was a two to go coffee mugs, two regular coffee mugs and two bags of 12 oz coffee for $5.0o. It was my understanding that the other coffee was a thank you token for your order.

• Do
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I signed up to do a survey and I was to be given a free coffee and mug and $1.000 gift card from Walmart. I never got the gift card.
    when I notice on my bank statement that I was charged for more coffee, I called the company to cancel all transactions. On Jan. 22, 2009, I notice again I am being charged again for tha coffee $38.95. I called the company and they claimed that I did not cancel this action. Tey assured me that as of this date Jan. 22, 2009, they cancel this account and my money will be refunded within 5-7 business days. Hopefully this will stop.

• Ri
      27th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a 25.00 set of mug and coffee from them and was billed on 12/13. I canceled the order and they billed me for 38.00 on 12/17 after I canceled.

Now they will not send me a return address label and expect me to pay for shipping. The trial period is 7 days. They say to drop it into the USPS box and mark return to sender, but USPS said they will deliver it back to me.

• De
      28th of Feb, 2009
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com - Seattle Coffee Direct Scam - Unauthorized Charges
    Seattlecoffeedirect.com
    990 Grove Street
    Phone: 888-217-2233
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

Watch out for Seattlecoffeedirect.com. They are scamming consumers. They posted two separate fraudulent charges to my account. These charges stemmed from a purchase which was only supposed to be a one-time charge of $5.00 for 2 bags of coffee and two travel mugs and two coffee mugs as the advertisement stated. The advertisement was on the Facebook.com game Pirates which required trying a product to complete an offer. Instead I got coffee that wasn't very good (highly acidic tasting), I did not receive the flavors that I asked for, and had two unauthorized charges to my debit card for $38.95 (Total of $77.90) under two different company names (hides their charges), “seattlecoffee.com” and “metro coffee”. When I went online to do some research about them, I found tons of complaints about them on all the scam boards. The BBB processed a total of 550 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. The BBB rating stated the following:

“Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to a pattern of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

Consumer complaints allege undisclosed or unauthorized charges, lack of clearly disclosed shipping and/or membership fees, and deceptive advertising. Consumers further allege receiving multiple orders of merchandise that has not been ordered and/or authorized, and subsequent difficulties obtaining refunds.”

Furthermore, many complainants allege purchasing posters from posterpass.com at a particular price, and report having been charged a much higher price and allegedly unknown fees for the transaction.”

The full report can be found at: http://chicago.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=46&bbb=0654&firm=36000239

I am also filing complaints for fraud with:

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection Consumer Response Center

Illinois Attorney General Consumer Fraud Bureau

If you have been ripped off by theses crooks you should file complaints too. Maybe if enough of us do they will put a stop to another unethical and dishonest company.

Nathan

• Pa
      6th of Mar, 2009

Last November I ordered a "free sample" of Seattle Coffee Direct's nicro coffee, I just had to pay for s/h. I had a trial period, but I call to cancel the exact same week. In late December, 12/26/08 and early January, 1/2/09 I noticed there were debits to my account in the amount of $38.95 each. I had not received any other product from them since the free sample. I called the company requesting an explaination and requesting my money be refunded. In less than a week I received a notice from UPS that I had two packages from Seattle Coffee, I refused shipment and these products were returned. I contacted Seattle Coffee again informing them I had sent the product back, since I had already cancelled my subscription at the very beginning of the trial period and I had never placed another order, nor would I ever and I wanted my money refunded. I was assured I would see the credits to my account immediately, I have yet to have received any credits and I can't seem to get anyone on the phone. Is there anyway you can assist me and possibly others?

• Mi
      9th of Mar, 2009
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com - Unauthorized charges
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

I ordered a advertised offer of coffee . It was reasonable. Coffee and mugs for $25. Received my order and had open the pkgs. Two days later a ppkg arrived from them I had no idea what it was so I opened and it was 2 more bags of coffee. I immediately cked my credit card online and found they had charged me $38.95 for 2 12oz bags of coffee. I then called their 800 # to discover that I was in a 'coffee club' and this was my first shipment. I sent back the coffee 3/5/09 and am awaiting my credit card credit.

• Cy
      2nd of Apr, 2009

They got me too...under the pretense of a $5 trial basis, which turned into a $38.98 monthly debit for 2 pounds of coffee.

Called them, told them to send no more coffee. Had UPS return package refused. Called them about refund, said they had JUST gotten the coffee back (unopened) and my credit would be on my account the next day. That was 10 days ago & nothing.

• Ri
      29th of May, 2009

Seattle Coffee Direct also operates as
    * Coffee Roasters Direct
    * Global Coffee Direct
    * Metro Coffee Direct
    * Peel, Inc

All use the following info:
    990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
    888-217-2233
    Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, 847-424-0954 ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
    We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Mu
      15th of Jul, 2009
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.com - Failure to refund money for coffee returned unopened
    seattle coffee direct
    990 grove st.
    Phone: 1-888-217-2233
    coffeedirect.com

They offer a cheap intro offer but BE AWARE! they double and triple charge you the shipments. I paid almost $100 within 2 days of the first trial order! They DO NOT accept returns and DO NOT give refunds! Beware==do not order from them unless you don't love your money...My bank is going after them now.