SeattleCoffeeDirect / Business methods!

1 990 Grove St. Suite 204Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888217CAFE

Anyone complaining about this company needs to dot the i's and cross the t's. That is how this company survives. Knowing I would be charged the $25 on top of the $9 offer was known. But this company measures "monthly" any way they want. Hence, the immediate shipment of a second box of coffee only 5 DAYS after the first. This allows you no time to make any changes or even be aware that you will have a another charge on your credit card. Again, read the fine print. Monthly to them is "Monthly shipments are an estimate. They may be more or less frequent." This is straight from their fine details. Upon noticing the additional charges, I immediately called their 888 number and asked for an explanation. Then I requested a cancellation of the "club" and no more orders have been shipped.

Once the second "monthly" shipment arrived I repackaged it in the same shipping container they had used. Included in the package my name and address. Went to SCD's web site, Refund Policy, to get the return address. Then to USPS office to ship with Delivery Confirmation Receipt. SCD received the product on 3/27/08.

Called 4/9/08 to get status on refund since nothing had appeared on my credit card. Was asked the following...
Did you use "Return to Sender"... No
Did you pay for shipping to return product... Yes
Did you ship via USPS... Yes
Did you request Delivery Confirmation... Yes

Again, you must dot the i's and cross the t's to win against this company. At this point, I was told the shipment arrived as the Confirmation indicated but at the Corporate office. They don't handle the refunds or product. Mmmm... This is the address found on their Return Policy. I was told the product was forwarded to the warehouse and a refund would be processed in 3-5 business days. This act of the corporate office is only to delay processing the refund. I did not think to ask where is the warehouse.

Another item about the shipments from SCD. There is no packing slip. Your charges are not detailed, no information about refund or returning the product, how you paid, etc. So when I returned the shipment I included my name and address since I could see no way they would know to whom to process the refund. But think about how this is run. Only if you have a Confirmation of Delivery will they even process your refund so they don't care or need to know where the product came from.

If you search through the other complaints about SCD, you will find a posting supposedly containing the owner's name and email address. Also, if you plan to take AG action against this company, you must have all your ducks in a row. Suspect they know very well how to slip out of direct trouble.

Please advise everyone you know to not do business with this company. There are far better.

Bj

Comments

• Di
      21st of May, 2008

I had a similar experience and have called to cancel my account but they have already shipped a second box within 10 days of my introductory offer.

These people need to be stopped.

• Ri
      3rd of Sep, 2008
    SeattleCoffeeDirect - double billed
    Seattle Coffee Direct

double charged on my credit card great free gifts but coffee has bitter after taste, should've just went to target and bought starbucks at discount!!! Beware

• Va
      6th of Nov, 2008
    SeattleCoffeeDirect - Overcharged
    SeattleCoffeeDirect
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

I ordered two types of coffee (one pouch of each). I have never received a conformation email, much less a delivery conformation. When I ordered the coffee they said the total cost was approximately $14.95 for the two pouches.This was supposed to be a one time offer and order. I was billed $38.95! Four days later they billed me another $38.95! The next day I received another shipment of coffee. I never received a notice of shipment from them AND I never ordered the second shipment. As others have reported the second order put my account in the negative and I was charged for that overdraft. After calling them they said the did send a welcome email. They did not! I searched over 2700 trashed and scammed email looking for any thing from them but to no avail! They told that they would give me a full refund after I returned the order. They will not recoup any bank charges that have incurred from the over billing.

10th of Nov, 2008

Dear Nancy,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Seattle Coffee Direct. If you need any further assistance, please call 888-217-CAFE and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

10th of Nov, 2008

Dear Richard,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Seattle Coffee
    Direct, and I believe I can help you to rectify this situation. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE as soon as possible. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your membership and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

13th of Nov, 2008

Dear Andy,

3rd of Dec, 2008

I like to cancel my account here, asap

• Ir
      27th of Mar, 2009
    10011/4 chestnut st.
    Camden
    New Jersey
    Phone: 8569634370

Ibuy a coffee with price of $5.00 dollars, they charge me two payments of $12.00, one of $25.00.How this is possible if you tring tobuy deals, because the high cost of live, and those companies do that.

• Ev
      15th of Apr, 2009
    SeattleCoffeeDirect - coffee not requested
    seattlecoffeedirest

i did not ask for a second shipment of coffee...you took it out of my bank account...i singed up for one shipment..there is no way i can drink that much coffee in a month...please STOP...evelyn goins

• Ri
      29th of May, 2009

Seattle Coffee Direct also operates as
    * Coffee Roasters Direct
    * Global Coffee Direct
    * Metro Coffee Direct
    * Peel, Inc

All use the following info:
    990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
    888-217-2233
    Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, 847-424-0954 ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
    We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Yc
      1st of Oct, 2009
    seattlecoffeedirect
    Louisiana

I received coffee I did not ordered. I paid to send it back UPS. That was in April. I have called several times. I have yet to get my 78.00 refund.

10th of Nov, 2009
    SeattleCoffeeDirect.Com
    Evanston
    Illinois
    Phone: 1800-217-2233
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

Like an Idiot, early last year I bit on an add in an oline survey for this company. I recevied the first order along with the to crappy Stainless Steel Mugs and withing a week had a second order for two more bags of coffee both shipments did not have the type of coffee that I ordered and within three weeks I received two more bags of coffee. This was a lot quicker than the once a month I supposed to get shipments and since I don't drink those sissy flavored types of coffee like Hazelnut, I was stuck with three bags of coffee that no one around here wanted. This is WV and coffee had better tast like coffee. The Columbian coffee that I did order really had no great taste. In fact the Folgers Columbian that I do drink every morning when I am not near a Starbucks has a better taste. I called and canceled the service and now almost a full year later, I have received a charge for $79.00 on credit card, no merchandise and no explanation. Forget calling them, I spent a whole day trying yesterday, most of which was either listening to ring tones or on until you die hold, which every now and then someone would disconect you and you had to go through the process again.

I guess this will go on this list of other complaints and I hope someone will shut this operation down, If the coffee was as good as the screwing I got from these folks, I might still be drinking it.