SeattleCoffeeDirect aka CoffeeRoastersDirect aka GlobalCoffeeDirect aka MetroCoffeeDirect / Fraudulent Transactions

1 Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-217-2233

We didn't do enough research and got "stung" by their newest offer. We signed up for the $5.00 intro offer on 5/16/2009 believing their statement in their terms that the first shipment would not occur for a month, allowing us to cancel should be not like the coffee. However, on 5/18/2009, before the intro offer ever arrived, we were charged for the first of 4 UNAUTHORIZED shipments. Each shipment was billed at $38.96 (12-oz bags at $12.50 + 6.98 for each of 2 bags) for a total FRAUDULENT charge of almost $160! We canceled, returned the coffee, and have requested both our bank and VISA to reverse the charges. Since then, I discovered that “SEATTLECOFFEEDIRECT.com” is also known as “METROCOFFEEDIRECT.com”, “GLOBALCOFFEEDIRECT.com”, and “COFFEEROASTERSDIRECT.com”! It’s obvious (at least to me) that they are an “agile” company in today’s rapidly changing e-business environment — they change their name frequently to HIDE . . .

Ri

Comments

• Ka
      24th of May, 2009

Mate,
    Welcome to the club! I to fell for the $5.00 "promo" offer...only to find out the were charging my Bank account like crazy. I was able to email them, they said they would credit my bank account the $98.95 within 3-5 business days. I'm still waiting 2 months later. I had to cancel my credit card and have a new one issued because they would not stop charging my account.
    Never again will I buy anything on line again. What a shame for all the legit business out there, people like Seattle Coffee Direct to scam people out of hard earned money!

• Ri
      29th of May, 2009

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org

We got ALL of our money back, including the cost of the trial package.

• Ri
      29th of May, 2009

Seattle Coffee Direct also operates as
    * Coffee Roasters Direct
    * Global Coffee Direct
    * Metro Coffee Direct
    * Belleza Coffee & Tea
    * Peel, Inc

All use the following info:
    990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
    888-217-2233
    Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, 847-424-0954 ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
    We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2009

It's about time someone has gotten to these thieves and people are getting their money back.

This is the guy I dealt with directly and it took 3 days to put the money back in my account after I contacted him.

Jeff Berman