Seattle Direct Coffee / Overshipment and Ripoff

1 Mt Clemens, MI, United States Review updated:

I saw an add for 2 coffee cups, 2 travel mugs, and 2lbs of coffee for 5 dollars on Facebook... I followed the link and signed up for Seattle Direct Coffee. A few days later I had the offer arrive at my house... a few days later I had the same 2lbs of coffee I already received arrive at my house... a few days later (within 10 days) another 2lbs of coffee came... HOW COULD ANYONE USE THIS MUCH... I looked online at my bank statement... I had been charged 9.99, 26.00 and 34.00 for each of these shipments...WHAT HAPPENED TO FIVE DOLLARS

I canceled my subscription with them immediately but wanted to warn others that this company is like a Columbia House/BMG Music for coffee and they will simply charge you for the coffee they ship. I have been told I will receive a refund when i return the shipments.

Thanks for the overdraft charges SDC, I really need that right now!

Da

More Seattle Direct Coffee Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Sep, 2007
    Seattle Direct Coffee - Unauthorized billing!

They are making unauthorized charges to my bank account. I am trying to get the charges reversed, but will probably have to cancel my current card and get a new one to stop them completely. Someone should stop these people!!!

• Gl
    Huntington Station
    New York
    Phone: 631673-2944
    www.seattlecoffeedirect.com

This company is charging me for coffee that I have not received for 2 months. But they continue to charge to my checking account. The number that they have listed is not even working.

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2008
    Seattle Direct Coffee - Multiple charges and shippings of coffee
    Seattle Direct
    7840 W. 139th Street
    Orland Park
    Illinois

I signed up for a free coffee grinder and coffee at 9.00 per month. I have now received 3 shipments of coffee in the last two weeks and charges for those at 38.95 each. Ludicrous!

• Da
      21st of May, 2008

I did not think there would be any harm in sending off for $5.00 worth of coffee and mugs. I did not realize what I was getting into with this piece of work company. I called over a week ago and the company rep. NATE told me he would cancel my order. Well, I just received another order. Called Nate again, who told me that as part of agreement I had to pay for this new order. When I told the dude I did not enter into any contract he became extremely beligerent arguing that I had. This is a pathetic way to conduct business. What a bunch of scam artist.

• Da
      21st of May, 2008

I too, foolishly signed up for a $5.00 coffee promotion. Little did I know that this company would continue to take debits from account. Yesterday, they delivered to me a package, I have yet to open. I contacted my bank and they had debited $48.95 from my account.
    How can these people get away with this.

How many different ways can you spell FRAUD, SCAM. This company has fraudulently taken funds our of my debit account.

In order to stop any further transactions, I had to cancell my debit card. I am also submitting a consumer complaint to the Illinois Attorney General's Office. I found this info on ine.

• He
      10th of Aug, 2008

I too fell for the 5.00 offer of coffee and mugs. Only to recieve another shipment of 2 lbs of the same coffee for 38.95 ..2 weeks later. This is a load of crap. I used my paypal account and now have to wait for the transaction to complete to file a complaint with them..only problem is that payment overdrafted my account. When I did the 5 dollar I made dang sure it wasn't one of the those monthly things no agreement of ne kind ne where on that offer...NOW I am stuck with 40.00 charge PLUS the charge from my bank. Ain't America great that a bizzness can run like this and screw so many ppl ...and yet no one shuts them down???? How many more ppl r going to get sucked into this before it stops???

• Le
      13th of Aug, 2008
    Seattle Direct Coffee - Multiple Shipments
    Redwood City
    California
    bloglines.com

I too received charges for a second order within 4 days of the first. I have a cancellation number. They are refunding the second charge. I didn't see this page before I ordered. I just wondered how many of you were going for something like 5 for $5? And was the real reason you ordered was to qualify for some other prize (like silver, gold, etc. qualifications groups).

• Su
      25th of Oct, 2008
    Seattle Direct Coffee - over draft charges from late refund
    seattle deirect coffee
    990 grove st suite 204
    Evanston
    Phone: 888 217 cafe

i responded to an offer and ended up with that offer and a charge of 25 dolllars pluss receiving two unauthorized shipments of their coffee totaling another sevety dollars. now my bank account it over drawn and has overdraft charges due to their lack of timeliness to refund, in the amount of two hundred dollars. THIS SUCKS...

14th of Nov, 2008

I had enough and cancelled two months ago and then recently they started taking money out again. I called yesterday and cancelled again and told them I was not putting anymore money in that account. Big surprise that late night they took more money out of my account. I am going to cancel my card, put in a fraud complaint at my bank, and turn them into the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorney General (these things I mostly learned on this site!). This will make my life inconvient for awhile. The number that works for me is 1-888-217-2233. Their address has multiple business for that site. Total scam. You wonder how much money they are raking in daily, weekly, and monthly. Someone else on this site posted email and phone numbers for the "mother" company. 1-877-807-2929, 888-624-2877. [protected]@peel.com (Ben Wu Business Develop person), [protected]@peel.com (2 Exec officers Brian Dale and Eric Flippo). That person suggested we repeatily email and phone to show our unappreciation for their stealing from our accounts. Sounds good to me. Hope this helps.

14th of Nov, 2008

Someone at this site contacted the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorney General and got all their money back. I am going to do the same and will cancel my card at my bank and put in fraud paperwork at my bank also. Someone at this site found email and phone numbers for their mother corporation. I did a reversed look-up on their address and found a lot of other businesses with complaints. Most time you get the services that you sign up for but these people were scamming from the beginning. Sorry this happened to all of us. I think others are right about us emailing and calling them on a regular basis so they know how we feel. There is only so much people can get away with when their customers start complaining. Good luck to all of us.

14th of Nov, 2008

I am sorry about this. Others on this site have good advice. One person contacted the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorny General and got all their money back. If you used your debit card you will need to cancel it and turn in fraud paperwork at your bank. If you used a credit card turn in the fraud to the business the card goes through. I will have to do the same thing and am not happy about it. Someone else on this site found emails and phone numbers for the main company. Good luck. It is not fair that they are running this scam. Hope this helps.

• Ic
      19th of Dec, 2008
    Seattle Direct Coffee - FRAUD
    Seattle Direct Coffee
    Illinois

They dont tell you all you need to know, like they send the coffee every week at almost $40 bucks per shipment, and even after you cancel the membership and return the unopened packages they refuse to refund your money. They are LIAR's and CHEAT's, I am letting my Credit Card Company Deal with them now, It's called FRAUD, buyer BEWARE

• Am
      8th of Jan, 2009
    Seattle Direct Coffee - won't refund charges
    Seattle Coffee Direct
    Pennsylvania

I agreed to an introductory offer, with a promise of no further obligation. Every week I received a package of coffee in which they charged $38.95 for. I sent every package back, with "return to sender", and have seen NO REFUNDS! It has been over 2 months since I sent the last package back. When I call them, they put me off, claiming it takes 4-6 weeks for a credit, etc. Don't order from Seattle Coffee Direct!!!

• Ro
      28th of Jan, 2009

Same thing with me. I called Seattle Direct coffee and canceled the order and am still getting the pkgs. It's a total rip off and a huge LIE!!!

• Re
      12th of Feb, 2009

I was charged two times also but the Number to call is no good.
    Do you have a number for them??

• Be
      26th of Feb, 2009

I have had the EXACT same problem w/ this company! They are complete scam artists and its crap that this many people can have the exact same complaint and nothing will get done about it. There is NO "fine" print and the webpage I was on sent me immediately to another page when the process was done so if there had been I wouldn't have seen it. I've gotten no purchase or invoice numbers either which basically means you have to wait til the bill starts coming in to file any kind of fraud charges. Isn't the Attorny General supposed to be protecting citizens from creeps like this?!?!
    Good Luck to anyone else who gets caught up in this scam !

• Mo
      8th of May, 2009
    Seattle Direct Coffee - refund runaround

After returning the coffee which was charged to my account immediately with the trial, I was told it would be 10 to 12 days after the return which took 2 weeks. They charge you immediately but take their sweet time refunding your money. So now it is the 12th day and no refund. Customer service gives you a lot of sorrow but no timely action, promising another 3 to 5 days for my refund.

• Wa
      23rd of May, 2009

i have had the same issue i tried their promotional offer, and "mistakenly" was put on their weekly delivery plan...after sending the unwanted packages back, i waited for the refund to show up in my account and it's been 3 months now and still nothing...i called them and they said it way approved and pending...but that was 6 weeks ago...

• Di
      29th of May, 2009

Outrageous ! I'm in the middle of going thru the Seattle Coffee nightmare myself now... I took the trial offer of 2bags of coffee, 2 coffee mugs and 2 travel mugs for $5. - not only did they charge me $25. but they also sent out 3 more shipments at $38.95 apiece -within THE SAME WEEK ! They literally emptied my bank account in 5 DAYS ! And of course I've incurred some outlandish overdraft fees because of it. At this point, I've had to change my debit/credit account (only way to stop them from further charging me), have my bank begin an investigation of unauthorized charges, stop the automatic deposit of my paycheck (which was being eaten by the bank for the overdraft fees) and now am trying to figure out how to pay the rest of my bills - all thanks to Seattle Coffee's big SCAM ! If anyone out there knows how or to whom to file a serious consumer complaint that would have major repercussions for them - by all means - post it - I'm on that train !

• Je
      5th of Jun, 2009

Sadly I too fell for this. I have just placed a block on my credit card, hopefully I will see my monies returned. Such a shame people are thought so little of in comparision to money:(