Seattle Direct Coffee / Excessive charges

Like the other person listing on this site, I foolishly signed up for two lbs of coffee and a grinder for $9.99... imagine my surprise when, like that other person, I was charged $34 and, like them, have received two more shipments in the space of one month. The base price is reasonable, but they kill you on shipping and handling...each shipment costing $34 for 2 lbs or less of coffee. I've called 4 times trying to get my name off their list, called my credit card company (who says I have to give them 30 days to give me credit on the original charge... while they continue to pile up further charges.

Please tell everyone you know, let's put these jerks out of business.

Comments

• Bb
      7th of Mar, 2007

Same thing happened to me. These guys need to change their tactics.

• Te
      12th of Mar, 2007

I'm going through this right now! ARrrrggg!! Tried calling them but having an extremely difficult time in getting through to the customer service to HALT my subscription. This will probably mean another month of charges and several packages more a month instead of 1 package a month as advertised!! I wish I never fell for this in the first place!!

15th of Mar, 2007

I got suckered into this and it seems that the customer service department has gotten a bit better. I just phoned up and canceled my subscription and it only took a couple of minutes. Is this just the first round of difficulties?

• Fw
      15th of Mar, 2007

Yes, i too got taken. When i sign up for a free camera. They shipped me 2 shipments within the month of march. $36 a piece. I did not even get the right color. The first time i called the phone went nuts like it was not available phone number.

I called them again and they told me i was on the 2 weeks shipment. I told her i never signed up for that. I did not have that option nor did i have a pass word to get on their site. I checked back the same hour and it looks like they canceled. But $71 for 4 bags of coffee that dont even last is highway robbery. They need to be out of business. They are located in my STATE OF ILLINOIS, not even Seattle now doubt. THANKS, FAITH FROM CHICAGO

• Je
      27th of Mar, 2007

I signed up for the grinder and coffee for $9.99. WELL, I've cancelled and got a cancellation number, BUT I have received 3 shipments in 1 month. On their website it says 1 shipment per month. Almost $100 dollars for a freaking grinder! Is there no recourse for this crap? I don't even remember stating that I would WANT a shipment every month. These crooks should be run OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

• Mi
      4th of Apr, 2007

This gets even better... I've never heard of them or even ordered from them, im not even a coffee drinker. I've called the number several times to find out why and to make sure they put no charges on a card number they shouldn't even have and cant get an answer... as im typing they called back and the rep from the company said that they track the response from a laptop giveaway and get the card number and start charging your card with no authorization, the 9.99 grinder was charged at 36.95 to my card and the next shipment was charged at 34.95... I informed her very loudly that if my card wasn't credited and membership cancelled immediately that i would sue their ### off at which she stated that i need to dispute it with my bank... are you kidding me... I say we group together on a class action law suit or we drive up there together and kick their ###.

• Wi
      7th of Apr, 2007

Seattle Coffee Direct should be run out of business. They are scammers and crooks. I didn't order anything from them but they have charged my credit card for $34.00. I could say a lot more but I just want to warn others not to get involved with them. All of us that have complaints should get together and sign a petition against them.

• Pa
      8th of Apr, 2007

I was also scammed with this deal. Deal my ###! Within 1 week of the first charge $34.00 I was billed $36.95. This company is a joke. They should be put out of business. Why doesn't the government do something about these scam artists?

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2007

Seems to me we should all be filing complaints with the attorney general in the state where they exist, and with the FTC, and with the Better Business Bureau online. Anyone have an address?

Mike B

• Le
      21st of Apr, 2007

I don't know what kind of a business this is (or where they are at) but I got the $9.95 teaser rate too and now I can't turn them off either. Coffee is coming two or three times a week and there's no one around here that can drink the stuff that fast. The only way to dump the stuff is to set up a free coffee shop. I haven't gotten through the first shipment yet and I've got a garage full of bags of coffee. i think that someone must have inherited a warehouse full of beans. Anyone want to come over for coffee... and... coffee?

• Je
      24th of Apr, 2007

Without boring you with the duplicate details of my experience with Seattle Direct Coffee, I just wanted to urge all of you to contact the BBB Online and file a complaint. I just did and after the second notification to the company by the BBB Online, they have responded. I'll let you know how it turns out.

RJ
    Las Vegas, NV

• Wa
      30th of Apr, 2007

AARRRGHHHHH!!! Somebody get me a name of a PERSON at Seattle Coffee Direct, so I can send a registered letter, return receipt requested, asking to cancel my account. I keep getting coffee at weird times, unordered coffee, bad tasting coffee. I have some ideas about what they can do with their grinder, but that wouldn't be nice to say...

• Ga
      10th of Aug, 2007
    Seattle Direct Coffee - Unauthorized charges

Ordered 2 bags of coffee plus "free" coffee grinder for $9.95. They charged my ATM card $34.00 for this, plus signed me up for their "coffee club" and in the past month have charged my ATM card $38.95 for 2 lbs. of coffee TWICE! I called the company and they canceled my membership. My bank advised that I cancel my ATM card to stop the charges. I filed a fraud report with the bank and they gave me a temporary credit for the two $38.95 charges while they investigate. DON'T GET HOOKED BY THESE CROOKS!

12th of Nov, 2007

Yeah they got me to, they charged me 3 times in one month and this is only the 11 day, so if anybody has any good and legal way to get back please send me any email. With a good effort Im sure we can make them pay!

• Vi
      22nd of Nov, 2007

They got me too. I would love to put them out of business. They keep taking money from my card and never sent me anything. Its been 2 months now.

• Ti
      3rd of Dec, 2007

I fell for this scam too. They charged $39.95 every time a package was delivered. I returned 3 packages and was told I would reveive a credit and a confirmation email. This was over 30 days ago and I checked my Visa Statement and no credit, further I am still waiting for my confirmation email. In additon, when i signed up for the coffee service, I also was told I would receive a $50 gift certificate to Ruth Chris's and I havent received that as well. In closing, the offer seemed too good to be true and we all know when something is too good to be true -it is usually not true.

• St
      4th of Dec, 2007

Total rip off. Huge shipping costs. Coffee at about the going rate. NOT EVEN IN SEATTLE.

• Wa
      9th of Jan, 2008
    SeattleDirectCoffee - excessive charges
    SeattleDirectCoffee

SeattleDirectCoffee has sent 3 shipments of coffee which was returned marked return to sender;however, they have debited my account for $48.95 three times. I never received an invoice or account number from these people. I am currently trying to recover my money.

Wanda Kindell.

• Ti
      21st of Jan, 2008

I just got the same hustle. I feel as though I've been raped. The grinder, a Cuisinart, stopped working after a few days. I opened up one bag of the coffee, and it was terrible--I never would have bought such dry, tasteless crap in a shop. They also sent me some sort of Hawaiian Hazelnut frou-frou blend that I never would have selected on my own.

I'm blogging this, contacting the BBB online, and asking my state's attorney general to see what they can do about it. This is fraud, and it seems that it's been going on for a good while now.

This was one of a package of deals that offered Microsoft Office 2007 as the premium.

18th of Feb, 2008

The best thing to do when ordering something on-line is to use a credit card. Using a credit card will give you the option of calling your credit card so that they can reverse charges. Seattle Direct Coffee uses fraudulent advertising. They have unfair billing practices and everyone dealing with this company should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as the Attorney General.