Seattle Coffee Direct.com / Charged credit card $34 instead of $9 as advertised

2 West First StreetMoonachie, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 000-000-0000
Applied for a "Free" $500 Best Buy card - but had to sign up for some offers. I thought Seattle Coffee Direct.com would be the cheapest & easiest to do, so I signed up. But, after researching, I come to find out that this particular company is no where to be found, or is easily contacted, so now I have to cancel my credit card before more charges are added on (as I have read many complaints that is what happens).

Comments

La
  30th of Dec, 2007
I just checked my bank statement and found that the $9.00 charge became a $25.00 charge.
However they do have a phone number listed and I will be on the phone on Monday.
What a crock!
Wa
  6th of Jan, 2008
I too, experienced the same sham.I was participating in a $500.00 shopping survey, when the offer made to me was for 11.95, which included the blender, which stopped working after using it twice.We all need to keep working to expose this shifty, scam operation.
Fr
  30th of Mar, 2008
I agree completely! I was charged repeatedly $38.95 and there seems to be no way to get them to stop. It wouldn't be so terrible it there coffee was half decent, but I can't even bring myself to drink it.
El
  5th of Jul, 2008

Seattle Coffee Direct.com - Overcharged
Concord
California
www.seattlecoffeedirect.com

I have read the other people's complaints about this site. I have the same experience. Same amount of money (25.00 and 48.95) was taken from my debit card that i have to call the bank have them send me a new card and that really pissed me off.
De
  27th of Jul, 2008
Ineed to cancel my order now.I don't want the coffer.thanks.
Je
  4th of Nov, 2008
Dear Donna,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably discontinue service and provide return shipping information. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Sincerely,

Evanston
Illinois
Phone: 888-217-cafe
seattlecoffeedirect.com

I signed up for 4 mugs and two pounds of coffee with the option of two more pounds a month. I ended up with 2 pound of coffee every 3-4 days automatically charged to my credit card. When I called customer service, they agreed that this was too much coffee for a person drinking 2-3 cups a day and took two charges off of my credit card. They promised that I would received no more coffee until January. Within 2 days I received another two pounds. I called customer service and the credit card company. I had them cut off from future charges to my card and canceled my subscription with the company.

In the meantime, I shipped back 10 pounds of coffee and should have received $211.00 plus change for my return promised within 5-7 days. The time has lapsed and the charges remain. I guess the two pounds of coffee and the four mugs were very expensive or I've been ripped off by a bad company.

This is bad for the internet and for the browsers. Seattle Direct Coffee still runs their ad on MSN without reservation. I just want my refund and walk away quickly and will be more careful about using MSN for much of anything.
Su
  1st of Feb, 2009

Seattle Coffee Direct.com - Overcharging credit card twice
10861 Hamilton Club Dr. #302
Raleigh
North Carolina
Phone: 919-278-7566
emailthatpays@snapdollars.com

Joined snapdollars.com to earn money thru e-mail offers with snapdollars.com. I decided since we enjoy coffee I would try Seattle Coffee Direct.com. The offer said take 5 for $5.00 each. The worlds finest micro roasts sent directly to your door each month. Act now & get 2 stainless steel coffee tumblers, 1 set 14 oz coffee mugs & 2 gourmet bags of coffee with free shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed no obligation. I was charged $25.00 twice once for Seattle Coffee direct.com and once for Bellezza Coffee & Tea. I am trying to get the charges dropped before my card is charged onn 2/2/09. Do not order from this company or Bellezza.
De
  10th of Feb, 2009
Since I picked up the package at the post office 3 days ago, I have been charged 3 times. Is that one charge per day or what? I have $25.00 charge from METROCOFFEE, $38.95 charge from METROCOFFEE again and hopefully the last charge of $38.95 from BELLEZZACOFFEE. I have never heard of them and even if I had, I do not make enough money to pay more than my normal $8.00 - $9.00 M-x-e-l H-u-e coffee cost. I will be starting my recovery process regarding my grand total of $102.90. All I can say is "watch out" you pain in the a-- scam artists. I am able to blog, post, email, advertise and anything else I can think of to be a real pointy, itchy thorn in your scammy sides. Refund my hard earned money, give me the instructions on returning your crappy products and we will go on our merry way. Don't do it and or try charging anymore and I will spend as much time as possible to set up fraud alerts, law suits and any other bad publicity for you. Since I am way above your lack of morals, have a nice day. DEB, SMALL TOWN IN FLORIDA
Em
  15th of Feb, 2009
Did you figure out how to get the charges dropped they did the same thing to me
Wa
  9th of Mar, 2009
Same Complaint - I don't even remember ordering - Have now had three shipments in less than 3 weeks
Ma
  16th of Jul, 2009
hey i have been ripped off by these clowns also. i did place an order but when it got here it was not what i ordered and i was charged more than what they said they would. and a few days later i recieved another shipment that was not what i ordered and charged $38.00 that was supposed to be $25.00