Seattle Coffee Direct / Gourmet Coffee / Unauthorized charges submitted

1 990 Grove St., Ste. 204Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-217-2233

I received unauthorized charges posted to my credit card from Seattle Coffee Direct. CO. There were 2 unauthorized charges of $38.95 each, posted to my credit card on May 9th and May 19th, which caused my credit card to overdraw. I called Seattle Coffee Direct.com and spoke with one of their representatives regarding this matter, on May 21st. I was told these charges would be refunded to my credit card. I was given a reference number regarding this conversation: (#22396). I mentioned to this person these charges would cause overage charges and I received no verbal response from this person regarding that. I had to call my credit card bank and file a fraud complaint, regarding these charges and ask my bank to please not charge overdraft fees. I will be receiving the forms (through mail) from my bank for filing fraud complaints. If Seattle Coffee Direct refunds these charges prior to me receiving, filing, and mailing the fraud complaint forms against them, I will not need to complete this process, (As my credit card bank informed me). Thank-You.

Sincerely,
Debra Bischoff.

Comments

• Je
      4th of Nov, 2008

Dear Debra,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Seattle Coffee Direct. If you need any further assistance, please call 888-217-CAFE and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    jberman@seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Wi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Not sure how i signed up for seattle but suddenly the shipments were coming...they tell me weekly, but seemed like bi-weekly. At 39 dollars per shipment for 2 12 once bags this was the MOST EXPENSIVE coffee i've ever purchased By the time i called them they had already charged $140 to my card. Of course i cancelled, but needless to say i'm left disturbed by this experience. The coffee itself (hazlenut)?... It was okay, but not somethingi couldnt have purchased from folgers at $ 4.50 for the same quantity. This company better realize that in this economy if you seriously take advantage of your customers, they'll NEVER do business with you again and tell their friends to do likewise...

wm