Seattle Coffee Direct / Rip off!

1 990 Grove St. Suite 204Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (847)424-0954

Seattle Coffee Directly RIPPED ME OFF!!! It took me nearly one month of digging, but I uncovered the "Wizard behind the curtain". His name is Brian Dale. "President" of peel inc.

990 Grove St. Suite 204
Evanston, Il. 60201
[protected]
briandale@peel.com

Check out www.peel.com
Click his link for "Commerce".

It's all right there! Seattle Coffee Direct; Shop Dani; Poster Pass

File complaints at: www.ftc.gov, www.chicago.bbb.org.

I got My MONEY BACK!!! YOU CAN TOO!!!

Comments

• Je
      21st of Apr, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct

Like the other customers listed I have been charged unreasonable amounts for unsolicited product. Seattle Coffee Direct did not even fulfill its promotional promise of two bags and a grinder but have charged me for it anyway. I signed up for the $9.00 promotion of two bags and a grinder and was charged $34.00 on 3-19-07. I never received the complete promotion. Since then the company has charged me twice for $36.95 on 4-10-2007 and 3-26-2007.

That's a total of $107.90. I received to packages from them last week alone unrequested. I am thoroughly disgusted by their unethical practices.

• Da
      26th of Apr, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

This company says their hours are 10-6PM EST and yet they never answer their phone no matter what time I have called (5 times so far). I am receiving UPS bags and bags sent from Evanston, IL and I never ordered anything from them and I don't even drink coffee.

Is anyone else getting this treatment? Solutions?

Thanks,
    Dan.

30th of Apr, 2007

I have an unauthorized charge on my credit card from Seattle coffee direct for 34.00. my credit card company is removing the charge from my bill, but i thought someone should know about this company.

• Ei
      30th of Apr, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

Like others on here, I have have nothing good to say about this company. After receiving my grinder and two small bags of coffee for 34.00, two weeks later I was charged another 39.00. I called the company and got through to an operator and she said they sometimes ship more frequently than every 4 weeks. I asked to cancel my plan and she said I could not until I received four bags of coffee and the first two do not count. I just received in the mail one 12 oz. bag of coffee and I am thinking this was what I was charged 39.00 for. UNBELIEVABLE! I just called my bank and cancelled the card that I used for my order. It will create a lot of work and hassle for me, but I am not willing to lose 40 bucks every two weeks for a 12 oz. bag of mediocre coffee.

• Ro
      2nd of May, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

Simple. Do not use this company. They will charge you and charge you until your card is maxed out! Call your Credit Card Company quick and stop the charges!

• Li
      9th of May, 2007

Absolutely! They are charging for crappy coffee and I have to call between their hours to stop the shipments!

• Ki
      12th of May, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

I want to give a give THANKS to everyone else who provided information about their problems with this company. I too signed on through their ad that said it was $9 for the coffee and coffee grinder, thinking this is a great deal (April 24th), BUT today I received that first shipment AND when checking my online bank statement found they have already billed me for another month. Then when I went to their website their is no online method for cancelling and no method of e-mailing them (so that I would have a record of my request). Finally, I found the information others have posted about their experiences with this company.

I was unable to reach my bank to report this as a fraudulent transaction (It is Saturday night.) But, I was able to report my card as lost or stolen through the automated system so at least I won't have any more transactions going through until the bank and I get this squared away.

Again, to everyone who reported this - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Fl
      17th of May, 2007

Well I too got suckered into this and when I got my Credit Card Statement was in shock.....well I tried to call this afternoon and got a voice mail, I left a message and then got on this site, well I panicked and cancelled my credit card, and then Seattle Coffee called me back and I cancelled, but I'm glad I did cancel this card because I wouldn't trust them, I haven't had the coffee but I to have a Gevalia account and the coffee is great and the customer service is also...

• Pa
      21st of May, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

I am relieved to find out I am not the only one that was bilked by this company. Great offer, $9 for two bags of coffee and a grinder. But they fail to mention that they are taking $34 from you. There is no initial statement telling us that we must pay $25 to join their lousy club or whatever you would like to refer to them as. Now they seem to be getting away with continuing to charge people for unauthorized products. I am searching for an answer to stop this company from preying on others. Their coffee is not anything to get excited about. DO NOT GET SUCKERED BY THESE PEOPLE.

• Yu
      24th of May, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

Ordered Coffee and a coffee grinder for $9. Was charged $34. Received a monthly shipment, sent it back 2 month ago. Still have not received the credit.

• Da
      29th of May, 2007

I also have been ripped off by this company. When I tried and call to get them to stop shipments I got put on hold for over an hour both times! What kind of company that does its business online, doesn't even have an EMAIL address to contact?? I'll tell you what kind of company... A bunch of damn scammers.

All I can do is try and keep contacting them, but if they do not respond soon, I'm going to call my credit card company to have them dispute these charges.

7th of Jun, 2007

I also signed up for $9 coffee was charged $34. I ordered on 5/18 - got my cc bill on 5/29 - called to voice objection to charge on 6/7 and the next shipment had already been sent! I am apparently signed up in a club for shipments every 2 weeks! I was told that part of that 34.00 was a membership fee - but now it ends up it is 2 bags @ $9 ea = 18 and she said it was a $25 SHIPPING FEE!

I have reported to the BBB Bureau (the company listed for the domain of (seattlecoffeedirect.com OR coffeeroastersdirect.com) is PEEL, INC - which is listed in the BBB for a Chicago based company.

• Ge
      22nd of Jun, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - The high charges they didn't tell about

The promotion was to do a survey and choose one of the products offered at a reduced price. I chose the coffee and grinder for 9.00 but it came with no receipt and not a word of more coffee and what it would cost then i got more coffee i did not order then i got my credit Card bill 34.90 and then 36.95 both charged in less than two weeks apart. Man i don't drink coffee like that and not for those prices so I'm sending that back to them asap.

Georgia Bowie.

• So
      26th of Jun, 2007

Seattle coffee direct has to be the biggest rip off merchants ever! Not only due id they empty my bank account leaving it in the red and incurring charges, but they took all my money I was saving for a wreath for my sister who died suddenly.

This company is a disgrace & I WILL be seeking legal action!

• Te
      1st of Jul, 2007

I took a survey on line to receive a free coffee grinder. It showed up with two bags of coffee. Then two more bags of coffee showed up a week later. They charged me $34.00 for the FREE coffee grinder, and then an additional $36.95 for the two extra bags of coffee.

• Me
      7th of Jul, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

I bought this coffee and the grinder for $9.99 as per their advertisement. But they charged me on my credit card 34.90 and then 36.95. While ordering they did not send any order receipt, not any order confirmation or any email response as it used be with any online purchase. So i was not even knowing that the order went threw. Did anybody get the full refund by returning the stuff ? Has anybody taken any legal steps to them?

10th of Jul, 2007

I too was hooked by this so called company. Had to cancel my card told my bank what they did. Thanks to them they stopped these crooks from taking any more money out of my account.and put the money back. May seattle coffee direct get what they have coming.

• Te
      11th of Jul, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

I signed up for a (free) coffee grinder with coffee $34.00. With the understanding that it would be shipped once a month. I thought I would have time to decided if I wanted to continue before the next shipment was sent. My account was debited on 2/02/07 @ $34.00, 2/12/07 @$36.95, 2/27/07 @ $36.95 . I managed to opt out on 3/12/07 and on 3/14/07 one more was debited from my account @ 36.95. Each Bag of coffee was shipped seperately so I sent back 6 bags of coffee and so far my account was credited only 1bag @ $14.50 on 3/19/07. As a result of these debits to my account with out my consent I was also charged by my bank $29.00 x 3 for a total of $87.00 in overdraft charges. This is a scam and I haven't been able to get anyone to talk to me. Is there anything I can do. Terri Murphy.

• Yv
      14th of Jul, 2007
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Lack of refund

I received about $100 worth of Seattle Coffee Direct coffee unsolicited, returned it in the bags provided, was billed anyhow and now the company wants "signed proof of return." A total rip-off. I'm complaining to Better Business.

• Pa
      15th of Jul, 2007

I completed a survey for the Cuisinart Coffee Grinder and two free bags of coffee. Apparently, there is some "click here for details" page which states that the grinder and coffee is $9 but shipping is $25.00! What company are they using for shipping that charges $25.00? Then within six days I was charged another $38.95 for more coffee that I did not want!

I called and left a message at 888-217-2233. Natalie called me back and was very rude! She told me to mark the package that is currently on its way to me as a return to sender. When they receive the coffee back they will credit my account $38.95. Natalie, then hung up on me! I called back and asked for a supervisor and spoke to Shalonda. She was kinda rude too but did agree to credit me $7.66 for the unopened bag of coffee that I have from the first shipment and told me not to send it back. So, at least I got my account canceled and will get a credit for the $38.95 plus another $7.66. How can companies like this operate?

In the meantime, I have called my bank and canceled that account just to be safe.

DO NOT ORDER COFFEE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER!