Seattle Coffee Direct / Fraud - Credit Card

1 990 Grove StEvanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-217-2233

Charges from this company appeared on my credit card twice. I was not sure who they were and they were closed when I called the number on my statement so I googled them. It took me to 12 sites complaining about their horrible business practices. When I did reach them by phone they stated I ordered coffee? I said I did not order anything and they basically said too bad. Now I have to dispute the charges at my bank which is a pain. I found this site regarding complaints against them so I decided to add mine. Its hard to believe a company like this with all of these complaints since 2007 would still be in business. I am also going to file with the BBB.

Rb

Comments

• Ta
      4th of Apr, 2008
    Seattle best coffee direct - non reimbursement for returned items
    1000 Lake Regency Drive Apt 505
    College Park
    Phone: 678-489-5661

Yes I ordered the 25.00 purchase for just the coffee. They took out the 25.00, I didnt receive the coffee. I also had 38.95 taken out of my account for another order that I did not place. Im very upset and plan on doing whatever is necessary to get my money back. I dont appreciate them placing 2 orders out of my account.

• Do
      9th of Jun, 2009
    Seattle Coffee Direct - non reimbursement for returned items
    Arizona

I like so many others, filled out a survey and with the purchase of 2 bags of seattle best coffee, I would receive two coffee mugs and a thermos for $25.00. It came, and then immediately a second two bag shipment for the great price of $38.00, then a third and a forth, even after i called and cancelled. I never opened the last two, but wrote return to seattle Best. I have called several times about getting my refund to my credit card to the tune of $78.00, and they tell me they have the returns, but they have still failed to give me my credit. what rip off artists!!

• Ar
      11th of Jul, 2009
    Seattle Coffee Direct - overcharged /charged $ 38.95 three times in one day for a $ 2.oo promotional box of cofee
    seattle coffee direct
    Phone: 888-217-2233

I signed up for a promotion to recieve two free mugs, and two bags of coffee for $ 2.00. I recieved them only a couple of days after signing up via UPS the UPS guy said that a signature wasn't necessary and he just left it on the counter.
    I recieved the box with no paper work included, except one guaranting the quality of their coffee, and if there were any problems to call the above number.
    The next day after the initial $2.00 dollar charge hit my account I was charged $ 38.95 and then two more charges of $ 38.95 on the 11th.
    My bank called me and told me about the charges and asked if I had authorized them...I said NO!!!
    The charges have over drawn my account, and I'd like to know what they are charging me for ??? I haven't ordered any more coffee, and if I were going too, it wouldn't be one day after I'd recieved two full bags.
    I want my money back and to be reimbursed for the overdraft charges that I will no doubt be hit with because of their slimmy business practices.

Arlene Hodges
    2602 Mayfield Rd
    Grand Prairie, TX 75052
    682-438-7059

• Di
      29th of Jul, 2009

They got me too, every two days they charged nearly 40.00 to my debit card. I too will fight it with my bank and complain to the BBB. First off I did accept a trial for 2.00 but that never even got to my house, just to my card and then BAM they were charging 40.00. Insane, I called to complain and the girl said too bad that is what you agreed to. I stated NO I did not and I will dispute this, she said "well it's cancelled" then hung up on me. BEWARE they also use the name Ulimate Bean Company. Super screw job!

• Ka
      19th of Sep, 2009

I have had the same problem as Arlene, except my bank did not call me. I have a total of overdraft fees of over $130 dollars PLUS $5 per day that I am overdrawn. I have had to freeze my account so no addition charges will be made and I can bring the account to a -0- balance in order to close it out and start a new account.
    I call the company about the charges and was told they would credit the charges back to my account immediately--ha, ha, ha. I believed them.
    Maybe a class action law suit should be considered. Are any of you out there attorneys??

Kathy Bratcher
    Pasadena, Texas

• Ti
      29th of Sep, 2009

I agree with all the others who have come before me. I consider myself an educated person who doesn't fall for scams. I understand the mantra; "If it looks too good to be true it probably is." However I find myself another unhappy consumer of this deception. Beware, this company is shifty! When we called to cease our involvement and return the product they told us to simply refuse delivery and Return to Sender. This is another fancy way to provide no tracking information about the returned product so, although we returned all 8 deliveries in good order, Seattle Coffee Direct is only claiming to have received 6 items. They also claimed to have attempted a refund but my credit card refused the funds.

• 00
      2nd of Nov, 2009

yah they billed me too for 38.90 on October 31, this company is a total fraud and they will take your money without even calling you. I called them to ask why I was still getting billed after I already cancelled my subscription, they couldn't give me a direct answer and now they are telling me to return the product when I receive it and I have to pay for the shipping. Stay away from this comapany, my next step now is to contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center and I have to cancel my credit card because they will be continue to charge me every month, everytime I called them they always hang me up!!!

• Mo
      10th of Dec, 2009
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Fraudulent use of credit card, unauthorized charges, unfulfilled promised refunds
    Seatttle Coffee Direct/Ultimate Beans/Peel, Inc.
    990 Grove Street STE 204
    Phone: 888-217-CAFE (2233) or 866-794-2030
    ultimatebean.com

After six unauthorized uses of my credit card in an 11-day time span, I called the company to put a stop to it. They assured me they would and that my money, over $200, would be refunded. That was June 29, 2009. By August 24th, 2009, the charges were still on my credit card. I called the company to put a stop to it. They assured me they would and that my money would be refunded. They cautioned me it might take one to two billing cycles to show up on my account. Now it may be too late to dispute these charges. I have canceled my credit card, notified my bank, called the authorities, and contacted the Chicago Better Business Bureau for help. Avoid Seatttle Coffee Direct/Ultimate Beans/Peel, Inc. at all costs and beware any involvement you have with them through xbox live.

• Jp
      21st of Dec, 2009

I signed up for a trial a year ago. I think it was one of those things you chose some stuff to sign up for to get something else free. (Yes, I fell for that.) I swiftly cancelled after I got the initial shipment I agreed to then forgot about them. Now, one year later, I get two packages, each with a pound of coffe and a travel mug. Tried calling them to ask where they came from. Maybe someone sent them to me for a Christmas gift? After all, I got them 2 weeks before Christmas. Anyway, no one answered. Left messages but no return call. Got my credit card statement one week later, they charged me $79 for EACH package!!. I am disputing the charges now. Still no answer when I call and no return calls either. I still have the unopened coffee, waiting on instructions to return it to them.

• Le
      2nd of Feb, 2010
    seattlecoffee - refund
    Seattlecoffee
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

I never ordered coffee from this company. I received a $79.00 debit on my checking account. I called the company explaining I did not order any coffee and refund my funds to my account. It was very difficult to contact these people. Finally I spoke to someone and explain the situation, that I never ordered the coffee.A few days later I receive 1 pound of coffee which I retuned we dont drink coffee. The agent I spoke to said a has been more then 60 days.refund would be issued in the amount of $79.00placed back into my account within 30-60 days. It has been more then 60 days. She also gave me a confirmation # of 374380. I just want my refund.
    Lessie Grey
    llgr8@verizon.net

• Je
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Rip off
    seattlecoffeedirect.com

Seattle Coffee Direct will scam you out of lots of money! You think you're purchasing a couple of bags of coffee for $25.00 and the next thing you know, they're charging your credit card $38.95 EVERY WEEK!!! Who can drink that much coffee???

I ordered 2 bags of coffee for $25.00 (which is a ripoff in itself now that I think about it) and in 4 days, they've charged my credit card $155.80 and I've only received 2 bags of coffee!!!

STAY AWAY FROM SEATTLE COFFEE DIRECT!!! I have called them 3 or 4 times and have sent 3 emails and they continue to charge my account $38.95 every week. They say it's a weekly coffee club. WHO CAN DRINK THAT MUCH COFFEE???? I LOVE COFFEE AND I CAN'T!!!

I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and my bank is going to send me fraud papers and dispute forms.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SEATTLE COFFEE DIRECT!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Pa
      6th of Jun, 2016

From out of the blue I am getting 2-3 padded bags every couple of days. On my last credit card bill I had charges for $38.95 and more of the same on my upcoming bill that I don't have yet. In the last week to 10 days I have received no less than 7 shipments and am being billed for something I do not want or need. On every single padded package I am putting "Return to Sender - Refused"

I called the credit card company and they are trying to resolve on that end. They suggested that I cancel the card or change the card number - not really an option for me.

Hopefully I can get this resolved through the credit card company. They also suggested that if there is a phone number on the bag, that I call it and try to resolve that way as well. I will look for a number on the next shipment as the credit card company said that I have another one that just hit in the last day or so.

This is a nightmare!

6th of Jun, 2016

I am in the same situation. I requested a refund 2 months ago and keep getting the same line "It takes up too two billing cycles" I'll stick with Gevalia

• Ro
      6th of Jun, 2016

Same thing. Ordered a trial membership in May 2009 for tea club. Canceled my trial and thought it was ok, but six months later start getting bags of tea again, each with a charge of $79.

• Yn
      6th of Jun, 2016

They get you in and then they change all info and won't refund your money says it takes 30 days then you call back and they say it takes 60 days then you call back and it takes 2 more weeks they just mess with you hoping you'll forget about it. You're also supposed to be 100% satisfied but they do nothing to rectify it if you are not. This place needs to be put out of business. Don't get suckered in. Help put this place out of business. LESSON LEARNED!!!

• Am
      6th of Jun, 2016

I ordered a promotional item turns out they charged me $20 more than the promotion and then $38 per month, that I never authorized.

• St
    Seattle Coffee Direct - Unsolicited shipments and unauthorized charges
    990 Grove St, Suite 204
    Phone: 888-217-CAFE
    www.seattlecoffeedirect.com

Like many of the other folks who posted complaints about this company, I too, fell victim to the Free Mug and Coffee offer. Was only supposed to be 9.00 (no additional charge for shipping). I now have had 3 shipments of coffee (2 bags each). The first two were 25.00 and 48.95, and I'm still waiting on the damage from the last shipment. Their website has no e-mail contact info and you can only speak to someone 10am-6pm EST Mon-Fri. Total Scam!

• Je

Dear Stacey,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably discontinue service and provide return shipping information. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Sincerely,

Seattle Coffee Direct - Unautorized charges
    990 Grove street
    Phone: 1-888-217-2233
    SeattleCoffeedirect.com

I originally ordered 2 lbs of coffee and two free mugs with mt purchase. I cancelled my subscription on August 2009. Since then I have been charged in just the month of November 2009, three seperate charges of $79.00 each and have not received any thing from them. Not only that I was charged by my bank another $30.00 for each transaction as I did not authorize these withdrawls and was chat=rged for insufficent funds. This is criminal, I have called several times, you get a voice message saying to leave your name and number and a representitive will call you back and no one calls. I have written Letters to the company and reported them to the Better Business Bureau and nothing. I intent to write the attorney General and hope to receive my money back with all the costs due to charges to my account. The only way our right now is to cancel my debit cards and receive a new one, which is an inconvience also. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! IT'S A SCAM AND A RIP OFF!!!

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2016

same thing happened to me. in the same months.

###.