Seats and Sofas / Ripped off by Seats and Sofas

Netherlands Review updated:

Recently, I needed to buy a new suite of furniture. I was persuaded to try Seats and Sofas, instead of looking at the more reputable shops.

What a mistake. The service was so-so, and noone cared to point out to me that transport, in case of the product being faulty, as it became within two or three weeks of non-intensive use, was to be paid - not as one would expect, by the seller of faulty goods, but the buyer,

I can only say that I am disgusted at such lack of care, daring to sell such shoddy products, and expecting the buyer to pay unreasonable costs,

I am too disgusted, - angry too at my own lack of care - to elaborate further.

I hope only that this note will prevent others from making my mistake. Save yourself money and hassle, avoid 'Seats and Sofas".

Comments

Ho
  15th of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Indeed you are right. They are a bunch of liers.
Ph
  19th of Jul, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We recently purchased a very nice strong looking chair for my disabled brother who was very excited about the new chair. We were therefore shocked to find that the chair was so badly damaged without even putting this chair together. All the wood was split and one steel base support was completely bent! We went back to complain to the store but they are completely distanced from the complaints department and referred us to an address to put it in writing our problem to a complaints department . We were told there was no phone number or email address but that we needed to go via snail mail! After 8 days they replied that we could come at a time that suited them only and gave us an appointment to bring back the chair and they would inspect it, provided that it was returned in the cardboard box that it as delivered in!! Too bad if the complaint was made after the box had been disposed of as would be the case for people that need to return the product once it has been in use.
Well we certainly can't complain about the service. THERE ISNT ANY!
Rose from Amersfoort, NETHERLANDS.
Si
  23rd of Sep, 2015
Hi,
Anyone tried to look for legal help? They first deceived me by providing wrong information and are now SENDING THREATS trying to make me pay 10-30% of the order that I cancelled! You cannot trust these guys!!! It is the first time I see such an unprofessional group of thieves! They make their money by threatening you and taking the most of the fact that you do not speak Dutch! Outrageous!

Anyone can help me with advice or legal contacts?
Thanx a lot!