Seatle Coffee Direct / misrepresenting fees

Phone: 1-888-212-CAFE

The website says 5 for $5. So i ordered the coffee and they charged my credit card the 25 bucks for the coffe and then a couple of days later I got charged 38.95 for an other order when i called to cancel they gave me a hard time and still wont refund my money. the Person I talked to Sam at Xt 3017 was rude. He gave me some B.S. reason why my money wont be refunded but he cancelled my subscription. This is B.S. no where on this website does it say anything about other charges if I cancel/. I want my Money Back the Coffee Tastes Like ### as well.

Comments

• Li
      4th of Aug, 2007
    Seatle Coffee Direct - Coffee price misrepresentation

This subscription was made by a 17 year old without parental permission. Besides that, the advertised price was $9.00 per shipment, but I am being charged $36.95. For these reasons, I want this subscription canceled immediately. I will refuse and return any more shipments that are sent to me.

• Ro
      4th of Dec, 2008

you charged my account on 11/28 for 25.00$ and on the 12/3 you charged 38.00 this is not
    right i will put a hold on this till you contact me at 573-547-5682

• Jq
      6th of Jan, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. My credit card statement said the charge was from "Metro Coffee Roasters.com" so I called them, they canceled my subscription asap and even refunded my last charge! Their number is 1-866-794-2030

• Li
      15th of Jan, 2009
    Seatle Coffee Direct - over charging
    seatle coffee direct

Your company keeps charging me for coffee that I dont want. i just wanted to try it for the $25.00 and that was it. I would like for you to stop billing me the $38.95. I would also like for you to refund my money for something that I dont want.

• Ri
      4th of Feb, 2009

I had the same thing happen I knowingly was charged 9.00 and a short time later I was popped for almost 40.00 bucks. I called and canceled and demanded a refund but have not seem it yet. That was almost two months ago. we were all biled for a "bi-monthly shipment" which they fail to mention is the offer.

• De
      25th of Feb, 2009

It happened to me today, fraud runs rapid on the internet, Seatle direct sounds just like seatle best which is a starbuks company i dealt with in the pastand is ok, i will contact seatle best to let them know the close name fraud that is going on . Dennis

• Ra
      1st of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to my husband. He has called twice for our refund which they said they would do. The second time he called they told him it would take 7-10 business days. Well this is the 10th day and we have not received the credit. They need to be reported!

• We
      11th of Apr, 2009

I thought they were 1lb bags, they are not, I called to cancel and was told that they put me on a weekly order, i didnt ask for weekly, I asked for bi-weekly. but now i fond out they are smaller bags I called and cancelled and refused the first shipment, i am hoping that they will credit the charges, $25., 00 for one and $38, 5o for another, , there should be a law against this.
    Wil keep u informed if credit is not issued, I would have kept it if they were 1 lb bags. very expensive coffee, $38.50 for 2X 12 ounce bags thats over a $1.00 a cup. thats over $2.00 a cup..They are also making it very hard to post this comment.

• Ro
      11th of Apr, 2009

I wish I had read this blog befor ordering and running into the same situation as the person who wrote this blog.

• Eo
      16th of Apr, 2009

I went through the same thing. Although a very polite lady said they would issue a refund on my credit and it would take 10 days - to this date 45 days later the credit has not appeared. i call every other week and they promise to do it but it has not been done. I keep getting some bogus techinical error om their part. I wont hold my brath and will be pretty pleased when in fact they do issue the credit.

• Po
      28th of Jul, 2009

I ordered their 5 for $5 each promo and as soon as I placed the order, I called and cancelled it. I was told they could not stop the order that I just placed 10 minutes before. I was also told I would only receive a store credit. I called back and talked to a supervisor after the regular reps were rude. I told her that legally I had 3 days to cancel my order and receive full credit and I would report them to the BBB. She told me that she was able to issue the credit for me. The order was placed on the 11th and it is now the 28th and I have not received the credit. I dont believe they plan on giving the credit. I will continue to check since I dont have the product either.

• He
      14th of Aug, 2009

I did a $2 promo offer. Ordered on 8/6/09 and was only billed $2; however, on 8/9/09 I was charged 38.95 twice for the next two bi-monthly shipments. I called for a refund and they said it will take up to 1 - 2 billing cycles which could be 60 days. I found the Terms and Conditions and read them. It does indicate that by enrolling you are agreeing to the bi-monthly shipment, but you would have expected to received the "TRIAL" order before the next shipment(s) were placed. I am going to the BBB to report.

• Lu
      18th of Aug, 2009

I can tell that is not the first time customers have problems with you company.
    I order the coffee to try, the website says $5.00 for $5.00, you charge me on 7/29 for $25.00, again on 8/2/09 for $38.95, the 8/5/09 for $38.95 and the 8/8/09 for $38.95, I only order the first one and you send me two more orders, but I was charge for a four, in the internet you said you will ship every two weeks, what happen?, you send in 11 days three orders, something is wrong with your company……
    Tomorrow UPS will came to pick up the returns, be fast the same way you are sending the orders to refund the money to my credit card in full, no where on this website does it say anything about other charges if I cancel.

5th of Nov, 2009

I got hit. First time for $5 for 5. then to my dismay a $38.95 Charge hit my account 1 week later. I didn't have the funds, got a $29 bank charge. in addition They said send the coffee back and a refund would be issued and they would cancel the membership which I never signed up for in the first place. So I spent $7 to send back the coffee. 3 weeks went by 'NO REFUND'. Then just today I got another hit. This time for $79.00. Again I was short on funds and got another bank charge for $29. I don't have stupid written on my face, at least I didn't. These guys are a complete rip off. I doubt I'll ever see the money from them. What a scam! Last internet transaction for me. I'm cured. Next time I'm in Illinios I'm going to drop in and give them a little visit. I'll be just about as nice as they were to me..
    Buyer beware!