Searsphoto.com / Cpi Corp / horrible service

On October 26, 2010 I went to searsportraits.com (who outsources CPI CORP to develop photos) and tried to order some pictures. When I placed my order I got an error message and the order didn't get completed. Ok, no big deal! I'll order them another day. I wake up the next morning and check my bank account and see a transaction of $27.82 charged to my account with a number of [protected]. I had to call two different 800 #s just to get to the people I needed to speak to. When I finally got through I was told to send my bank statement over and they would have someone look at it and call me back. Two days later I never heard anything so I called them back. I was told the refund would take 7-21 days and if i don't receive it to call back.

Twenty one days later (11/17/10) I didn't receive my refund and so I called the 888 number to find out what is going on. I call on my cell phone and was on hold for 20 minutes. I called from my work phone, was on hold for 27 minutes until Kristy tells me, "I'm sorry we can't find anything and I'll be sure to forward this to a supervisor and have someone contact you." Thirty minutes later I get an email from Pam stating, "We are so sorry, cc system is not letting IT Dept submitted, may I mail you a check for 27.82 for this amount." When I try to respond back to the email I get the mailer daemon response stating the email address is unknown and my message can't be sent. So I go back to the website and let them know that I wanted my refund 21 days ago. I

On 11/19/10 at 1:30 pm EST I get a call from Pam giving me every excuse in the world as to why I haven't received my refund and they will mail out my check and says will that be ok? I mean, do I have an option?

Well it’s December 2nd and guess what I have no refund!! I have been on hold waiting to speak to someone for the past hour and no one has answered the phone. We I search to see if I can get another contact number the numbers don't work or the websites just refer you back to the same email address where you can send a message to a customer service rep.

In the process of writing my first complaint after being on hold for over an hour and a half I spoke to Jessica who advised they don’t know why I haven’t received my refund and Pam will be calling me back.

At 12:41 pm EST Pam emailed me instead of calling (like most respectable supervisors would) stating… We again apologize check was requested the day I spoke with you our Accounts Payable just mailed the check 12/1/10 for 27.82.

Pam

I can’t get in touch with anyone and a supervisor will not call me back. When I try to respond back to the email it won’t go through. Please assist with this issue so other consumers will not have to go through this hassle. CPI Corp is scamming people out of money and providing horrible customer service.

**I can’t believe I have to go through this much hassle to get a simple $27.82 back from this company!!**

Because of the service or lack of service I've received Sears will no longer be getting mine or my family's business!

Kt

Comments

• Sl
      9th of May, 2011

I completely sympathize! I got pictures taken of my infant son in Feb. 2011 and it's been a nightmare dealing with the online company. Firstly it wasn't until March that I even saw my photos (I've ordered from JCP and it was a matter of days and they were up on the website). Next, Searsphoto.com sent a very large online order to my house via regular mail. Usually other online vendors I have used for photo orders send them in a nice bubble wrap envelope via UPS or FEDEX. This one was just a plain cardboard envelope with no signature required. So guess what? The weather was bad that day, and the mailman just left my photos on the doorstep since their was no signature he needed and they blew into my yard and got rained on. I literally only found them because I thought they were trash and went to throw them away. The cardboard of course had been soaked so it had broken open and the wind blew the photos all over the yard. I have emailed Sears photo twice and mailed back the pics for replacements. I heard nothing! My husband called to complain and they claim they never received our photos (guess they also didn't get the 2 emails either). They told him they would place a rush on the order. It's been 2 weeks and we still have no pictures so I'm not really sure what they consider a rush order. My husband also asked for the pictures to be at no or discounted cost considering all the hassle this has been and they said they cannot give us any discount whatsoever. So they have my money and I am left waiting. The really bad thing is my aunt bought me some sessions for Sears photo as a baby shower gift so I have to go back. I always tell my family now to just let me order them pics from the studio for pick-up and don't buy any online because they are crooks that don't give a darn if you get your photos or not.

• Ks
      21st of Feb, 2012

Are you talking about the Sears in Enfield? I totally agree with you! I've had the same kind of horror story.