[Resolved] Sears / withholding refund

PA, United States Review updated:

Bought a stove and microwave from sears. $3000.00. Waited two weeks for installation. Finally had to call to find about it. Installer called and didn't know about my order. I had taken the day off from work and he was trying to switch days. He reluctantly came and made the installation sound so bad that I returned the items. I didn't want him to install. That was 2/22/13. 3/1/13 and still no refund. I called and have been lied to several times regarding my refund. No answer about when money will be refunded. Keep getting different phone numbers to call and different answers.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Mar 07, 2013

Dear erothrock,

We are so very sorry for the experience with our installation and for the delay with receiving your refund. We certainly understand the importance of receiving your refund in a timely manner and we want to help with making sure this happen. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (erothrock), phone # used at time of purchase to [protected]@searshc.com.

Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Mar 07, 2013

Dear R Hicks,

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you have experienced with your stove and with our repair service. My name is Misty and I am with the Sears Cares team and we like to further investigate what has happen, and address to the best of our abilities. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (R Hicks), phone # used at time of purchase to [protected]@searshc.com.

Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Er
Mar 01, 2013

Comments

• Co
      Mar 01, 2013

"He reluctantly came and made the installation sound so bad that I returned the items."
    What does this mean, made the installation sound so bad?

"I didn't want him to install"
    Why?

•   Mar 01, 2013

Because, that's why.

• Rh
      Mar 01, 2013

Today is another failed attempt at using my Sears Kenmore $1500 electric range oven. I've made 4 service calls since purchasing the range resulting in replacement of controller and heating element. How about the oven stop working on Thanksgiving morning! I have purchased a $30 GE toaster oven as a backup but today I needed to use the stove oven, but it wouldn't turn on. Its a touch pad design no knobs. I placed the service call but there was no sense of urgency from Sears. They have my money for the stove and I have a useless appliance. It is insanity that a customer with four major service repair calls for a stove is still struggling with it this appliance Sears should replace the appliance but refuse because I have not had four service calls within the same year. I explained that I stopped using the oven and started using my 30 dollars GE toaster oven that is why I haven't had 4 calls within the same year. isn't it enough that I've had 4 service calls to repair major parts on a 1500 dollar oven not to mention a ruined Thanksgiving. I am wondering would their executives receive the same service that I have received I am just the customer.